PDA

View Full Version : Swordbase = worst map of all time?

Its Fooga
05-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know, maybe it's just me. I find Swordbase to be easily one of the most unbalanced maps to ever be put in the Halo franchise when it comes to objective based modes. Take the Stockpile mode for instance. In all of the games I've played, if you have the bottom base...you pretty much never lose. You can jetpack up to the flags and just throw them down for your buddies to store. As opposed to the upper base where you have to lug the flags ALL the way up top.

Sure the booster at the bottom helps. But you still have a floor to go, where the enemy team can easily hunt you down. I'm saying this in more of a concerned manner and not complaining (Yeah, I had the bottom base. ;) )

But let's get to the bottom line. Does anyone else think this map sucks?

Bastardus
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I like it
atm its a bit confusing sometimes, but in general its ok
but its very dangerous if u stand in the middle on the ground

Andreas_loel
05-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Horrible fucking shit map imo
I might hate this one more then i hated Valhalla and Last resort

Carlp
05-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Wow I completly disagree, I love that map.
The use of loadouts on that map is awesome.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Use different loadouts. Sprint and Jetpack are riddiculous on sword base. I love the map, it reminds me of boarding station on Halo CE

Ace Of Dawn
05-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I think the map is great. Especially for Stockpile and Covy slayer.

Cyler12
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
It's only good for team slayer and any FFA it's like one of those boring maps you can't make cool even if you forge it for days. Any object team games are horrible on it like there is NO point and no fun at all. So to me it's average like Epitaph off of Halo 3 you have your good and bad games.

Opiate42
05-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I like it, not my favourite but not bad.

A Satyr
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Its terrible for 1 flag CTF, the attackers can get to the flag before the defenders can...

Natetendo83
05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Use different loadouts. Sprint and Jetpack are riddiculous on sword base. I love the map, it reminds me of boarding station on Halo CE This. Boarding Station was awesome.

I can understand issues with the flag variants to a point, but slayer and oddball and the like are awesome on this map.

iBean
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
It's alright, but Powerhouse kicks the living shit out of it.

Atroxx70
05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Its terrible for 1 flag CTF, the attackers can get to the flag before the defenders can...

I've found the opposite to be true. Every 1 Flag CTF I've played on that map so far has ended with a score of 1-0. The flag is incredibly easy to defend because if you die while defending it, you spawn right around the corner where the attackers spawn all the way on the other side of the map.

I agree that it's terrible for objective games. Maybe when the game goes live it'll be left out of games like CTF, Stockpile, etc.

A Satyr
05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
I've found the opposite to be true. Every 1 Flag CTF I've played on that map so far has ended with a score of 1-0. The flag is incredibly easy to defend because if you die while defending it, you spawn right around the corner where the attackers spawn all the way on the other side of the map.Funny you mention spawns, every time i played the attackers spawned next to each other where as we would spawn on the other side of the map and usually a floor below them...

If thats the way its supposed to be thats atrocious

Cyberfire
05-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't like either of the maps that much to be honest. I'm bored of them already.

Skillet
05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't like either of the maps that much to be honest. I'm bored of them already.

Yeah, I've gotten a little bored of it already as well. I wish they released all four maps and all of the gametypes at the same time. Keep things a little fresher.

I actually stopped playing earlier and popped in Left 4 Dead 2.

Anywho, Sword Base...

I hate it. Even in Slayer and oddball. It's to the point where I groan every time it appears for all three of the choices and vote "None of These" instead.

Never works, but if given the chance... I always vote Powerhouse.

For a couple reasons. 1: I hate the vertical aspect. I don't find jetpacks all that useful and rarely ever use them.

2: Staying in the middle "outside" section for any reason at all is practically suicide. There's no cover and there's always somebody on the other side who gets the drop on you. Personally, I hate it when a game decides who wins a battle based who saw who first.

Which brings me to number 3: the insanely long lines of sight. Long empty hallways just aren't my thing. I usually grab the shotgun and skulk around in one of the side rooms with the Stalker loadout.

I just think Powerhouse exceeds Sword Base in quality in almost every way. It's also more visually appealing. Sword Base looks sterile and boring.

Battosai343
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Sword Base is becoming pretty boring; I'm almost tired of it. Powerhouse is so much better. As to it being the worst map ever: no. I believe Isolation and Construct to be the worst Halo maps ever created.

bblcreator8790
05-04-2010, 11:18 PM
I have to agree, Sword Base just isn't that good. Granted I only played about 3 or 4 games on it, but Powerhouse was much better.

Kaiyo
05-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I believe Swordbase was okay but the overuse of jetpacks is getting on my nerves.

DaChiefOfOwnage
05-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Swordbase... I like it, but I dislike it as well...

As far as horrible maps are concerned, this is nowhere near as bad Citadel/Epitaph.

Jet1337
05-05-2010, 12:39 PM
1: I hate the vertical aspect. I don't find jetpacks all that useful and rarely ever use them.

2: Staying in the middle "outside" section for any reason at all is practically suicide. There's no cover and there's always somebody on the other side who gets the drop on you. Personally, I hate it when a game decides who wins a battle based who saw who first.

LOL are you fucking kidding me?!?

1. The jetpack is the most important AA on this map. First of all, you wanna go straight for the Plasma Launcher and most of the time the fastest way is to jetpack up to it if you don't start out on that middle bridge.

2. I've played this map to hell and back and the hottest spots are the Reception area, the I.F.S., the High Hall outside the I.F.S., and the Attic.

You should be able to either get the shotgun or the sword. The shotgun is underneath the stairway that goes up to the Attic and the sword is on the floor below it.

Get that and have your team camp in the High Hall and the Reception area. Have a guy stay hidden off radar in the I.F.S. and have another on the lookout across the bridge to the Attic. It's a strategy that never failed me.

Its Fooga
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Woah that's quite alot of feedback for a day. Nice to see I'm not alone on the subject. Thanks guys.

Cyberfire
05-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I also hate the spawns in CTF. You always have to climb 2 flights of stairs to defend the thing!

Superbad325
05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Not bad, not great

Blue Thunder28
05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I also hate the spawns in CTF. You always have to climb 2 flights of stairs to defend the thing!

I use a Jetpack for when the flag is out of our base and Armor Lock for the beginning .

I love this map.. it's the best map for changing Loadouts and strategy based on what the other team is doing... also Magnum FTW on this map!

I can agree though that CTF can use SOME work, it's soo fast I think the attacker spawns need to be tweaked.. and then there's the issue of people running the flag to the big lift and tossing it onto the top balcony and scoring the flag in less than 30 seconds... but when the game goes the right way it's incredible. Slayer is hella fun on this too.

a random cat
05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I love playing this map on slayer, juggernaut, headhunters, etc. However, I hate this map when it comes to stockpile and 1 flag.

II CATO II
05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
When attacking on 1 flag if you jump off of the top floor to the left and land on the walkway leading to the flag, 2 well placed grenades will kill 2 or 3 of the defending team as they pile into the room.

Other than that it seems like a decent map.

SWAT dominates on this map!

Jet1337
05-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, swat rapes on this map. Failhouse on the other hand, sucks a big fat one with swat because it's so out in the open unless you're a camping bitch like me! >:).

Darth Grif55
05-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I love this map, it might be one of my favorite Halo maps. Now, Powerhouse....that map SUCKS!!!

WeaselGaming
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I love the map, it reminds me of boarding station on Halo CE

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I like this map too.

What's not too like? Although it is a little confusing, it's still a great map!:)

TpYourHouse
05-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Its my favorite map in the beta. Only because of the sniper rifle.

LethalEdge
05-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I find it's only good for Stockpile games, other than that it isn't very fun to play for me.

L0rd Tuck3r
05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
If you hated Valhalla and Last Resort, then you are a noob, and I hate you.

Pearson
05-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I think that it is a map that is more suited for slayer than for any other game type. The jetpacks are cool, but if you're able to get the sword and use scout for your loadout, it rocks!

SynysterChris
05-22-2010, 05:03 AM
If you hated Valhalla and Last Resort, then you are a noob, and I hate you.

Sounds like someone is a Big Team guy or social man. Big maps are boring as hell, and people only like them because of vehicles.

I for one am not a fan of either, or big maps in general. Though I was a fan of blood-gulch.

Rodeo Legend
07-29-2010, 04:40 PM

I guess we really have different taste.
Swordbase was fun
Valhalla and Last Resort are among the best maps in Halo 3

I'm thinking you are one of those Halo players that like Midship and it's even more terrible remake.

King Agam
07-29-2010, 11:34 PM
I love this map, it might be one of my favorite Halo maps. Now, Powerhouse....that map SUCKS!!!

Agreed I loved swordbase

nicky6314
07-30-2010, 03:54 AM
It's great for slayer and games like headhunter. The flag games don't work as well. It is a good map, but I liked Powerhouse better. It reminded me of High Ground