PDA

View Full Version : RedOctaine Pre-Order

k_dog
03-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Apparently, if you pre-ordered this from RedOctaine direct, you will be recieving it either today or tommorow.

I'm a bit mad ATM.

BLOMBOMB
03-30-2007, 11:22 PM
are you fucking serious?! AAAAGGGH!! I can't decide if I'm more mad at this, or the fact that I can't play any discs on my box anyway. Wait, yeah, probably that I can't play any discs... because I need a box to play GH2 anyway! :p

NeoCortex
03-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Another tip for those trying to get it early. I've been checking out the forums over at IGN and Gamefaqs today. It seems that a lot of Circuit City stores are breaking street date. If you go online, you can check the availability at a store near you, order online for store pickup, then pick it up at the store no problem. Unfortunately mine doesn't have it available, but from the forums, it seems that more than a few people have gotten lucky this way.

Another store breaking street date are some Toys R Us. Apprently the cases of GHII that TRU has don't have a sticker listing the street date. If my nearest store wasn't over 30 minutes away, I would probably try it. I have awful luck trying to get stuff early, so I doubt it would be worth the drive.

Zef
03-31-2007, 12:16 AM
I opted out of preordering so I could get it for free using store credit I have accrued from my mass trade-ins and slightly dodging dealings with the staff.

Usually preorders get delivered a day before the release date depending where you buy them, some shops even send them out a day earlier than that to beat the competition.

Oryan
03-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I've seen Lonsta playing it already, also my circuit city apparently has it. Yet I have to drive an hour out of my way to get it. I guess its worth it :P Wont be able to play until I get home from work though, the anticipation is going to kill me.

-Oryan

DanteSparda504
03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah every store has it they started shipping it to stores early in March. I wish Redoctane would just say "GO HEAD!" so stores could start selling it! I mean RedOctane shipped its copies out and everyone has it by now why cant they just say "Yeah go ahead and sell it!"

NeoCortex
03-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, they really should just drop the street date at this point. It's one thing if it's only a couple of individual stores selling early, since that always happens. But Circuit City has completely ignored the street date and is allowing sales of it through the website for store pick-up at any store that has it in stock. Plus, Red Octane has already shipped out many of its copies.

It's going to be a long wait until Tuesday to pick up my EB reservation, especially since my store isn't doing a midnight release.

Spartan
03-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I just walked in the door with it from Circuit City. I saw online that it said available for in store pickup if ordered online. I tried going in and getting it without ordering online first. I talked to a guy who went in the back to get it and he tried ringing it up but it wouldn't work. He took me to customer service where they tried and it said they couldn't release it till 4/3. I told them what it said online so they brought the manager out. She told me to go ahead and use the computer they have in the store to try and order it online and if it went through she would have to release it to me. The order went through and I gave her the confirmation number and she said "You know, you caught us on a technicality so I have to give it to you." She also told me that the store only got in 24 of them, and it said really big on the box they came in not to release them until 4/3. Well, after all that, here I am at home with Guitar Hero!

k_dog
03-31-2007, 07:16 PM
You can Die John

thejokell
03-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I just hope that I can use my receipt to get the free 1600 point card tomorrow. That's the only thing that stinks about picking it up early.

NeoCortex
03-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Just an update on the Circuit City thing. Apparently they fixed the website. It no longer lists the game as being available for in-store pickup. It's only available with the shipping method now. I guess somebody realized at one of the stores and called HQ about it.

k_dog
04-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Just an update on the Circuit City thing. Apparently they fixed the website. It no longer lists the game as being available for in-store pickup. It's only available with the shipping method now. I guess somebody realized at one of the stores and called HQ about it.

This is why I was shut down when I got there. but because I drove an hour, they gave me a free 50$ Gift Card.