PDA

View Full Version : Using the SFIV: TE stick (or any turbo controller) for EASY Time Spender medals

KyleSellers
05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Playing these games for 1 1/2 to 3 hours is a pain in the butt, but luckily you don't have to. And, Game Room tends to freeze if you leave the game running for an extended period of time in "Classic Mode," meaning that all the time you accrued is lost--so leaving a controller plugged in and waiting for the medals can be a pain.

If you use a turbo controller and play in RANKED mode, with A pressed down, it will accrue the time after each round. That way if the game does freeze, you at least will have accrued all the time spent up until that single round.

I find this is easiest with the Street Fighter IV: Tournament Edition Stick. Rather than having to mess with any rubber bands and to keep the button pressed, just set the stick to turbo mode and place something on the A button. It doesn't have to be heavy either--I use an Xbox 360 remote control. Plus, it makes it easy to check scores after around. Instead of having to un-rubberband the controller, you can just pick up the object, check the time and then place it back on the button.

BigApple3AM
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
If you turbo the A button in "SKIING" and leave it up you can unlock the "My blisters have blisters" achievement. SKIING does not have a ranked mode, and only has the time medal, but for some reason pressing A (which restarts your ski run) over and over again worked.

The madcatz turbo controllers are ESSENTIAL for Game Room's crappy achievements.

OMGLOL1111
06-25-2010, 02:34 AM
dang i need a turbo controller

so many games i needed to play 60+ more minutes after unlocking the first 2 golds. sucks real bad