PDA

View Full Version : A Few Official 5/12 and 5/19 Games

pinata242
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/05/04/ws543.aspx (http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/05/04/ws543.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MSGamesPressAlerts+%28Microso ft+Games+Press+Alerts%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Fit your “Game Room” (Microsoft Game Studios) with more arcade classics. From asteroids to airplanes, you and your friends can battle to the max, climb the universal leaderboards, and earn achievements in your ever-growing “Game Room” collection. Fan favorites like “Battlezone” (Atari), “Keystone Kapers” (Activision) and more launch on May 12, followed by hits like “Asteroids” (Atari) and “Time Pilot” (Konami) and others on May 19.

linktriforce007
05-04-2010, 04:34 PM
http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/05/04/ws543.aspx (http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/05/04/ws543.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MSGamesPressAlerts+%28Microso ft+Games+Press+Alerts%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Excellent find! I can't wait for Keystone Kapers and FFXIII Avatar Stuff.

pinata242
05-04-2010, 04:37 PM
You can also see there will be Game Room Avatar gear this Thursday, so I guess that explains the delay ;)

linktriforce007
05-04-2010, 04:40 PM
You can also see there will be Game Room Avatar gear this Thursday, so I guess that explains the delay ;)

perhaps. I'd like to see how they'd do that; I mean...it's hard to have avatar gear when you're not using a character. Maybe it's just the mascots as props?

sweatdog
05-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Good info! Hopefully they'll get on track with the weekly release schedule!

pinata242
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Here's all of May 12th according to the official Twitter:

May 12th Game Release details: Battlezone, Keystone Kapers, Soccer, Canyon Bomber, Night Driver, Oink!, Mega Zone

linktriforce007
05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Here's all of May 12th according to the official Twitter:

May 12th Game Release details: Battlezone, Keystone Kapers, Soccer, Canyon Bomber, Night Driver, Oink!, Mega Zone

Keystone Kapers and Canyon Bomber..AWESOME!!!

MACdanstaface
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Just a little question: you say official, but this news doesn't seem to come directly from xbox. How reliable is "XBOX LIVE NEWSBEAT: VOL. 9, May 4, 2010"?

If it turned out to be true, it would be pretty sweet. I'm really not big on paying for avatar items, but if I ever had to buy one I guess it'd be the GR one ;)

pinata242
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Just a little question: you say official, but this news doesn't seem to come directly from xbox. How reliable is "XBOX LIVE NEWSBEAT: VOL. 9, May 4, 2010"?

If it turned out to be true, it would be pretty sweet. I'm really not big on paying for avatar items, but if I ever had to buy one I guess it'd be the GR one ;)

It's true. Here's a little more info on that website (at the bottom of that link, btw).

About Gamerscore News

The Gamerscore News team is made up of Microsoft Xbox and Games for Windows Marketing employees.
Copyright 2005-2009, Microsoft Corporation

MACdanstaface
05-04-2010, 09:59 PM
It's true. Here's a little more info on that website (at the bottom of that link, btw).

Cool, thx for the info!

Spoony Bard
05-05-2010, 05:23 AM
What, no Circus Charlie? The wait continues I guess.

Time Pilot will definitely help ease the pain. Assuming they release it on time, I mean.

KRS
05-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Ooooh, Canyon Bomber. That will be fun.
Keystone Capers - maybe...not sure if it will stand the test of time.
Night Driver - loved this one back in the day, but it is so rudimentary, I doubt it will be fun for long.

Games I'd like to see:
Q*Bert
River Raid
Seaquest
Superman
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Riddle of the Sphinx
Sky Diver
Kaboom
Burgertime

sweatdog
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Ooooh, Canyon Bomber. That will be fun.
Keystone Capers - maybe...not sure if it will stand the test of time.
Night Driver - loved this one back in the day, but it is so rudimentary, I doubt it will be fun for long.

Games I'd like to see:
Q*Bert
River Raid
Seaquest
Superman
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Riddle of the Sphinx
Sky Diver
Kaboom
Burgertime

I'm with you on these, but unfortunately licensing issues will probably prevent Superman or Raiders of the Lost Ark from seeing the light of day. I'm also not sure how well Kaboom will control with the thumbstick. Super Breakout will probably give us that answer.

KRS
05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm with you on these, but unfortunately licensing issues will probably prevent Superman or Raiders of the Lost Ark from seeing the light of day. I'm also not sure how well Kaboom will control with the thumbstick. Super Breakout will probably give us that answer.

Dang, that is a good point about the licensing. Raiders would have been fun co-op...at least based on how I remember it. :) I guess we can probably stop pining away for E.T. as well due to licensing...

Paddle controls would also affect Night Driver. Playing paddle games will probably take some adjustment, but it shouldn't be as much of a downgrade as playing Centipede without a trackball...

Onyx_a87
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
If true Battlezone is a day one purchase for me, surprised it wasn't on the original release