PDA

View Full Version : Just how many hackers are there out there?

Cable Player
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
So you go into a game, run up behind somebody and melee them three or four times, they turn around and kill you... They blatantly should have died, and they come first overall by quite a few points.
Alternatively, you and four team mates are shooting at someone, and they somehow manage to quick-scope the lot of you.
Or even on Halo 3 when you 'assassinate' somebody but it takes more than one, maybe even 2 hits.

I'm talking about times where they should have died without a doubt.

So I'm in a game and that is happening. What do I do? Accuse them of hacking, mostly verbally, occasionally through a message.

Just how many hackers are there? I didn't even think you could get hacks like the 'ones' I described.

Tufty
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
There are no modders on Halo 3, just laggy.

Cable Player
05-04-2010, 09:23 PM
There are no modders on Halo 3, just laggy.

That's what I thought. - But is there not lag switches?
It can get pretty ridiculous how many times you can melee someone on that game - and they are the ones with the bad connection!

N3xus Gam3r
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Lag and only lag, got lag- killed in reach some time ago...you sure is making alot of threads now and here CP ;)

Cable Player
05-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Lag and only lag, got lag- killed in reach some time ago...you sure is making alot of threads now and here CP ;)

Well I like using the forums, but I dont want to spam them!
I like being the first responder to questions that I can answer. I don't know why, I just like to do that :)

Rowey 94
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
finding people with godmode, well i think its very rare. stop whining.

Cable Player
05-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Im not whining, I'm asking a question.
I don't think its very rare as everytime I play there is at least one...

Capn Doug
05-04-2010, 09:35 PM

If you play with at least one every time, there is at least one common denominator: you. I would check your connection since that does sound an awful lot like lagging.

N3xus Gam3r
05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Whining is like saying " oh fuck this gay is just keep spawnkilling mé, while his friends is freaking spawn camping, noobs go to hell" this OP has nothing with whining in his post

Cable Player
05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
If you play with at least one every time, there is at least one common denominator: you. I would check your connection since that does sound an awful lot like lagging.

My friends notice it also when playing and there are numerous occasions where I have to tell them to calm down as I have learned to take things easier over time.

My connection is fine, we are on the highest Virgin Media connection.
However, I shall look into it more. I rarely see my connection less than 3/3, and it is never 1/3. (Given as an example)

My younger brother does play World of Warcraft, and that does hammer the network so I guess I'll keep a closer eye on things.

I do not think this is the problem though, although it does seem like a reasonable explanation.

Capn Doug
05-04-2010, 11:13 PM
My friends notice it also when playing and there are numerous occasions where I have to tell them to calm down as I have learned to take things easier over time.

My connection is fine, we are on the highest Virgin Media connection.
However, I shall look into it more. I rarely see my connection less than 3/3, and it is never 1/3. (Given as an example)

My younger brother does play World of Warcraft, and that does hammer the network so I guess I'll keep a closer eye on things.

I do not think this is the problem though, although it does seem like a reasonable explanation.

I know this has happened to me a few times, I look at the connection on my laptop and I have 5/5 bars, but I only have 2/3 on Halo or Modern Warfare (explains my poor performance in the subscriber's tourney, that and the fact that I suck). Even that is sometimes enough to give you some lag. I get 1/3 and I have to leave since it is not possible for me to function, I just shoot remnants and and get shot in the back.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I think connection and lag is something that just needs to be worked on.
Game developers can tweak the games slightly, Microsoft an tweak the consoles slightly, and we can tweak our network slightly.
Just look into the future and everything will be ok.
Oh crap, no it wont. Gears 3!!

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
better question is how many people are out there that automatically assume someone is cheating when they are better...

unless its an obvious exploit, like javelin glitch, or getting a nuke in 5 seconds, u can't just assume the worst...and there are no aimbots on 360

sk83rty
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
It sounds to me like you are talking about lag issues, not hacking dude.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
better question is how many people are out there that automatically assume someone is cheating when they are better...

unless its an obvious exploit, like javelin glitch, or getting a nuke in 5 seconds, u can't just assume the worst...and there are no aimbots on 360

I never like to acuse people who are better than me as cheating. I know I'm not the best player there is, and I know there will always be someone who is better.
My point to this thread is, which I clearly stated, was for the people who you literally punch enough times to warrant four or five different kills, or unloading enough ammunition into to kill a small army, even when the connection seems perfect.

iBlessing 09
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I've never met a hacker, ever.

SoulOfTira
05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I've played in a total of four Gears of War 2 matches that were blatently hacked(1 superspeed millions of exp hack; 3 extra wingman hack) out of about 2,500 matches...

But yeah people do sponge online. Like the host sponging 3 shotgun shells and a beatdown...

Tobes v1
05-05-2010, 08:33 PM
People don't 'hack' in Halo 3. Ever.

There are plenty of laggy games. Although, judging by your B.net you don't have loads of experience with H3, so maybe people are just better than you?

jamie1000013
05-05-2010, 08:50 PM

No aimbots my ass my friend was bragging he had one and that he kept getting constant headshots and impossible kills. People on the killcams were like wow how the fuck did he do that aimbot anything is possible in MW2 lol. I have met a dude on god mode on cod4 it was some sort of controller I think because when he did die he was like "Oh I died forgot to turn it on".

Also wierd when my cousin is playing on my host he sponges like mad its like he's got painkiller on constantly.

sak7395
05-05-2010, 09:25 PM
i just swear and vent my anger out and yeah i see what you mean though its a piss take

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
People don't 'hack' in Halo 3. Ever.

There are plenty of laggy games. Although, judging by your B.net you don't have loads of experience with H3, so maybe people are just better than you?

I don't have much experiance on Halo 3, but I have played well over 200 games.
You are missing the point. I have said numerous times now that it is not the fact that people are better than me, it is the fact that you literally run up to someone and punch the living shit into them and they do not die.

veece16
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
You are missing the point. I have said numerous times now that it is not the fact that people are better than me, it is the fact that you literally run up to someone and punch the living shit into them and they do not die.

That's not a hack, it's lag. It might seem like you beat a person 2 or 3 times, but the game didn't register it. Hacking is easy to spot like someone killing you in one shot with a BR, or has Press :bbut: for se:xbut: in their gamertag.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
That's not a hack, it's lag. It might seem like you beat a person 2 or 3 times, but the game didn't register it. Hacking is easy to spot like someone killing you in one shot with a BR, or has Press :bbut: for se:xbut: in their gamer tag.

I know how to spot hacks. Gamer tag hacks are obvious.
But using the logic you used to say about 'it might seem like you beat a person 2 or 3 times...' surly you could use the same logic with 'someone killing you in one shot with a BR.' - They could have shot multiple times at you, but the game didn't register it, because of lag, so you only see it as once.

Everybody is failing to see the point of this thread. I could not make myself clearer than I already have done in my previous post.

Tobes v1
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, that's lag. Are they walking into walls at the same time?

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Not that I notice. They are more often killing my entire team rather than 'lagging' into walls.

Tobes v1
05-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Not that I notice. They are more often killing my entire team rather than 'lagging' into walls.

Then they're probably just good. Trust me, people don't 'hack' in Halo 3. There are ways to cheat, but that isn't one of them

veece16
05-05-2010, 11:29 PM

There are a lot of people that are very good at Halo and can do that. There isn't a mod that I know that can cause you to have more health anyway, so modding is out.

To your first question, there are MANY hackers out there on LIVE and other gamesystems. Halo 3 is notorious for gliches and hacks, but as far as mods, MW2 is to blame.

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Then they're probably just good. Trust me, people don't 'hack' in Halo 3. There are ways to cheat, but that isn't one of them

Ok, well nobody is listening to what I am saying...
It isn't necessarily in Halo 3. I am talking generally.

I have attempted on numerous occasions to make myself clear.

I am talking, in general, when you are in ANY game, with no lag, no connection issues that you know of, and your entire bloody team are gunning and punching and lobbing grenades, but somehow that guy just manages to get the edge on you no matter what.

NOT when there is lag, when the game cannot register it in time, or because I may be shit at the game.

There are a lot of people that are very good at Halo and can do that. There isn't a mod that I know that can cause you to have more health anyway, so modding is out.

To your first question, there are MANY hackers out there on LIVE and other game systems. Halo 3 is notorious for glitches and hacks, but as far as mods, MW2 is to blame.

I would have thought it was obvious that when we are talking about mods and hacks they are the same thing. Is that what you are getting at, or is that a contradictory statement? - Modding is out of Halo. Halo is notorious for glitches and hacks.

Agent Aero
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Look dude, everytime something doesn't go your don't blame it on hackers. Yes, people hack games/lag switch and do whatever else they do but sometimes there are no hackers in the game.

So either it has lag(Most games have a little lag) or you suck.
Just deal with it, you can never be 100% sure when people are hacking(Mostly) but if you are 90% sure just report them/file complaint. What is verbally bitching at them gonna achieve? Just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Cable Player
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Look dude, every time something doesn't go your don't blame it on hackers. Yes, people hack games/lag switch and do whatever else they do but sometimes there are no hackers in the game.

So either it has lag(Most games have a little lag) or you suck.
Just deal with it, you can never be 100% sure when people are hacking(Mostly) but if you are 90% sure just report them/file complaint. What is verbally bitching at them gonna achieve? Just have to suck it up and deal with it.

This IS the final time I am going to say this.
I am not whining. I am NOT blaming it on the hackers 'every time something doesn't go my way'.

I Quite clearly stated that when you punch the living shit into somebody, and your whole team sees it, but they don't die, IS THAT somebody who has hacked.

You are completely ignoring me, I am NOT claiming that I am the best at the game, however I certainly am not crap at it. I know when a kill should be a kill, and when I should have been killed, or if the enemy should have been killed.

Moderators, please lock this thread, it has come become completely off topic and out of control.

veece16
05-06-2010, 08:42 PM
This IS the final time I am going to say this.
I am not whining. I am NOT blaming it on the hackers 'every time something doesn't go my way'.

I Quite clearly stated that when you punch the living shit into somebody, and your whole team sees it, but they don't die, IS THAT somebody who has hacked.

You are completely ignoring me, I am NOT claiming that I am the best at the game, however I certainly am not crap at it. I know when a kill should be a kill, and when I should have been killed, or if the enemy should have been killed.

Moderators, please lock this thread, it has come become completely off topic and out of control.
Ok, well nobody is listening to what I am saying...
It isn't necessarily in Halo 3. I am talking generally.

I have attempted on numerous occasions to make myself clear.

I am talking, in general, when you are in ANY game, with no lag, no connection issues that you know of, and your entire bloody team are gunning and punching and lobbing grenades, but somehow that guy just manages to get the edge on you no matter what.

NOT when there is lag, when the game cannot register it in time, or because I may be shit at the game.

I would have thought it was obvious that when we are talking about mods and hacks they are the same thing. Is that what you are getting at, or is that a contradictory statement? - Modding is out of Halo. Halo is notorious for glitches and hacks.

You need to be more clear then. The title of the thread is, "How many hackers are out there, then you asked how many hackers are in general, THEN, you keep repeating the same thing, when you go behind someone and beat the shit out of them, are they hacking?

NO!! The game registers it as lag.

There are MANY hackers out there!!!

Clockwerk0range
05-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Bottom line: IT IS LAG

and if its not lag than it's just your lack of skill, bad timing, slow reaction, ect ect.

It happens to everyone.

HopedZER0
05-07-2010, 04:44 AM
I have seen lag switches once in a blue moon, but other things such as modded lobbies I've run into a plethora of.

Cable Player
05-07-2010, 07:31 AM
You need to be more clear then. The title of the thread is, "How many hackers are out there, then you asked how many hackers are in general, THEN, you keep repeating the same thing, when you go behind someone and beat the shit out of them, are they hacking?

NO!! The game registers it as lag.

There are MANY hackers out there!!!

You are still missing my point.
When we establish it is not lag...
In the OP I made myselce clear. "They should have died WIThOUT A DOUBT"

As we have gone through the discussion, I have been trying to keep up with everybody, but you are not reading the entire conversation.
Many posts ago now, we have established it COULD be lag, but I have tryed to take the conversation away from lag as I am talking about when there ISNT lag. I have made myself clear about this, in many of my posts.

BSC YoungBoy
08-28-2010, 07:49 PM
tons of them

13ip0lar
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
So you go into a game, run up behind somebody and melee them three or four times, they turn around and kill you... They blatantly should have died, and they come first overall by quite a few points.
Alternatively, you and four team mates are shooting at someone, and they somehow manage to quick-scope the lot of you.
Or even on Halo 3 when you 'assassinate' somebody but it takes more than one, maybe even 2 hits.

I'm talking about times where they should have died without a doubt.

So I'm in a game and that is happening. What do I do? Accuse them of hacking, mostly verbally, occasionally through a message.

Just how many hackers are there? I didn't even think you could get hacks like the 'ones' I described.

I would say no offense, but then someone is gonna say the doesn't negate the insult, so here we go. People that think hacking on Xbox 360 is widespread are ignorant...I would use a less common word but that best describes the situation. Sure there are file modders and people doing 10x prestige rooms, but that doesn't equate to something as easy to spot as "God-mode", Aimbot, or whatever hack you are implying. So the fact that you think a wide majority of people are hacking is just ignorant. The way Xbox live is setup you could aimbot and cham etc but it would be extremely difficult and more trouble than its worth. Unlike PC were you can have multiple variables that differentiate one PC from the other, and a lot of the hacks are done client side. Unlike PC Xbox doesn't have as much computing power as you would think along with the ability to run background processes well at all. So yeah...argument = null & void. As far as percentages go we are talking less than a percent if you really wanted to. Most kids stick to hacking PC, much easier...

I see however after 2 people posted lag, you seemed to have an "Aha!" moment, so whatever...still the fact remains the people that go around just accusing kids of hacks with no proof are just lolz...bai ^^

Edit: I now see you are disputing the lag theory. Here's a free tip...when you are lagging you can't really tell unless people are ice skating or you are. That's why it's called lag...you could shoot a person in the back, full clip, have them turn around and one shot you. That would be lag, not hacks. You could even be lagging so bad you light them up again in the back, don't even see them turn around, kill you, and keep running along. That's lag...the easiest way in an online setting to determine if it's not lag is if other people are suffering from the same issues you are.

Again kids running around just calling hacks because something doesn't make sense, or (what usually is the case) kids being better than them, is just funny. Again bai...

tons of them

Btw way to bump a 4 month old thread....WOOOT!~

StayonTarget
08-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I'll bet 1/8 of the MW2 community hacks.

WhIpLaSh 014
08-28-2010, 08:56 PM
The only time it's hacking is when you know that it isn't lag. Like if someone is able to one hit kill you with a weapon that doesn't one hit kill you. Like a Plasma Pistol killing you in one non-charged shot. That's hacking.

Alternatively, if someone is able to run twice as fast as the coding in the game, then it's hacking.

Damian227
08-29-2010, 09:59 PM
People who think Halo 3 hacking/mods don't exist... google is your friend.

I know one lad who does it and I've experienced one or two people who seem to kill me and my mates with a single bullet from miles away.... or run up and punch us once in the face, one by one and we all die, despite the fact we're all blasting the life out of him.

Saying that, a couple of hackers in 4 years on Halo 3... much better than the thousands of hackers in 4 minutes on COD...