PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion of the chances of 'downloadable content'

Tsukasa117
05-05-2010, 03:12 AM
Having just finished Nier and looking at that thing on the start menu for a while now I've come to the conclusion that the chances of actual DLC (ala. Fallout) is highly unlikely due to the simple fact that by the time you get the last achievement you no longer have save data unless you backed it up via external memory. That being said I could see the possibility of extra weapons, costumes, maybe a few quests that may be more epic then the ones we got used to seeing but as I said this is all just my own well thought out opinion based on what I know of the game so far and thinking about the design of the game and how DLC would have to be incorporated from a designers standpoint.

PeRFeCK
05-05-2010, 06:58 AM
its a good observation, but don't underestimate Squeenix's ability to milk all their franchises when possible. they even made a dang 'ff13 artbook' app for the iphone...lul

also, how many people will actually get ending d? 90% of people who play games don't do it fo rthe achievements and aren't hardcore enough to go get 4 different endings, IMO.

XCVii 007
05-07-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm not crazy about achievements either, I only have 26k or so, but I wanted to see all the endings because the story was so good. I agree, nowadays gamers seem to have such a short attention span, rushing through games and whatnot.

For the games I really enjoy, I try to make the effort to get all the achievements. So when someone sees my games played, they will know my fav games.

As for the DLC, I hope it's not sidequests, as many of them were mundane and pointless fetch quests. I hope they add more main story to the characters.

Mr Waggy
05-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I would think it would an entirely seperate arc. Probably playing another story you don't get to see as Kaine or something. Therefore you wouldn't need any data to play it.

Or maybe Europe will get the Replicant character/story as DLC.

red16mage
05-09-2010, 03:34 AM
I would love to see some DLC, as long as it doesn't include any farming... Subdued bracelets, specifically :P

Strid
05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
SE announced before the game was even out that Cavia was working on a bevy of DLC for the game and they planned to offer further support to them for the DLC. That being noted, who knows what it'll be. I feel strongly that it'll be something like a tower style dungeoun with numerous floors or areas at the least. I could also see them progressing the story with DLC instead of, say, making a Nier 2. This game is by no means a blockbuster nor does it have a huge budget so that'd be the smartest approach for them to take.

The deal with the erasing of the data shouldn't lead you to any conclusion other than these guys wanted you to play the game more or they wanted it to have an aspect of being somwhat "Hardcore" or "Oldschool" in the sense where they rob you of your stuff and make you get it back, if you so choose. Techinically it was a very fitting thing to do considering Ending D, it makes it more honest. Everything about this game, down to the cheap lookin' classic style was very fitting so looking at Ending D as a definitive "Game Over" is definitly not how I'd take it.