PDA

View Full Version : Suggested .5-2.5 Star Teams

Bigball123
05-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for .5-2.5 star team to take? Thailand is very good for a 1 star.

RLKDragon
05-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Check the achievement guide for selected teams, though I'd recommend:
1-star: Kazakhstan (good speed and handling for a 1-star team)
2-star: New Zealand
3-star: Canada

teej119
05-05-2010, 03:59 AM
1*: I did okay with Thailand but lost 1st round.
2*: Seina Leone
3*: Montenegro or Togo. I've done well with both. both have quick ST and good midfields, play defensive and go on counters... I got to the final with each but missed out in ET.

Malky
05-05-2010, 04:52 AM
1*: Grenada, great forwards in Jason roberts and Joseph (hes like drogba) i won it first go with these.
2*: Seina Leone, very strong team and quick defense and forwards who have very good finishing i got tothe final with these.
3*: Wales, very fast up top with Bellamy and Earnshaw i got to the Quarters with these with 17 goals in 4 games for Bellamy but then my tournament glitched so i had to restard.

3*: Montenegro, everyone i have spoke to about 3 star teams said this is the team to use obviously with vucinic up top you cant go wrong!

teej119
05-05-2010, 05:27 AM
3*: Montenegro, everyone i have spoke to about 3 star teams said this is the team to use obviously with vucinic up top you cant go wrong!

They also have a lm that is an actual striker that is great at crossing into Vucinic. I've gone to the finals with them twice. One time I lost in ET and the other was smashed by Poland of all people... I play defensive and just wait til I see Vucinic going at an angle, long ball it for a 1v1 vs the keeper. works 90% of the time.

daenius
05-05-2010, 10:11 AM
from my experience, Senegal is a very good 3-star team, too.

Fast and skilled players.

x13radx
05-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Good thread.

For a decent 3-star team, I would recommend Canada.

If your good on the attack, then change to 4-3-3 with Nakajima-Farran up top with Radzinski and the other decent striker to the side of him.

Nakajima-Farran makes some good runs and is quite fast too, plus he seems quite good at scoring.

The defense is fairly good, the midfield is a little weak, especially at 4-3-3, but most of the time I just play straight to the strikers and use the midfield as the first line of defence really.

EDIT: Montenegro is actually the way to go, really strong team for 3 stars.

louie4
05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Good 2* Congo, strong physically and fairly quick.

Good 1* Rwanda, come on there Rwanda.

I've got to last 16 with Rwanda 4 times out of 5 tries, but lost every one!

Got to last 16 with Congo in my one and only try only to lose again against holland!!

Purant
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I personally like estonia they make good movements off the ball for a 2* team

got to the semis with them!

Flips360
05-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I personally like estonia they make good movements off the ball for a 2* team

got to the semis with them!

I can confirm that Estonia is a good team. Beat Spain by using them.

Bergentz
05-05-2010, 08:17 PM
3 stars: Montenegro, I got to the final earlier today with them but I lost, against England of course...but they are probably the best team with 3 stars. For 1 and 2 stars it's harder to pick one team but Kazakstan and Congo seems to be pretty good.

AntneyB
05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
3*wales actually pretty easy for me with these i won the whole thing
2*congo i won the entire thing with these as well but wasnt that easy
as for 1* im still looking for the best team only ach i need hope this helps

I am Cunslow
05-06-2010, 03:37 PM
lol i just tried with monetenegro and got destroyed by england and nigeria on the counter attack, and just scraped past Belguim 4-3 in the final match, i gota funny feeling ill never do it with 1 star team. I play to far offensive football. need to adjust my style... -.-

x13radx
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
lol i just tried with monetenegro and got destroyed by england and nigeria on the counter attack, and just scraped past Belguim 4-3 in the final match, i gota funny feeling ill never do it with 1 star team. I play to far offensive football. need to adjust my style... -.-

Im through to the semi-final with Montenegro after winning all my group games and beating France and Mexico in the QF and L16.

Gonna struggle to get further than this though.

Cammy
05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
in the semis with thailand , actually a pretty decent team although every game so far has been really difficult which is to be expected i suppose :)

Reuj
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Tried Wales, Canada, Togo and Montenegro and have to say that Montenegro is a very decent team, defenitely my favorite 3 star team. Togo is a close second.

I am Cunslow
05-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Just got knocked out in the semi by Spain losing 5-3, using Montenegro, I had already beaten Argentina (3-0) and England (3-1) in the Round of 16 and 1/4's, I actually thought I was gonna go all the way, then I met Mr Torres, and after leading 3-2 at half time, he went and scored 3 1 v 1's in the 2nd half, wata joke lol.

I wanna say I enjoy this mode, but the fact the lowest rated team Ive come across in 4 WC campaigns is 4.5 stars, I have no hope of doing it with a 1 star -.-

Malky
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I wanna say I enjoy this mode, but the fact the lowest rated team Ive come across in 4 WC campaigns is 4.5 stars, I have no hope of doing it with a 1 star -.-

I know how you feel im currently in the final with Sierra Leone (1.5*) my last achievement, got a lucky run play Wales in 16 USA in quarters and Ireland in the semis, all the player were pretty good but i keep matching up against spain in the final and i have a feeling i will get beat so im trying to wait for a 4* team or something so i have a decent chance.

Vapourise
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
i have the proper list, took me agers to find the conclusion but yeah, dont doubt me cos im right.

1 Star - Rwanda or Kazahkstan or Grenada

2 Star - Congo or Oman

3 Star - Montengro or Iceland.

x13radx
05-07-2010, 08:26 PM
i have the proper list, took me agers to find the conclusion but yeah, dont doubt me cos im right.

1 Star - Rwanda or Kazahkstan

2 Star - Congo or Oman

3 Star - Montengro or Iceland.

Will have to have a go with Oman.

Purant
05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Jamaica are a really good 2.5 star team, imo better than other 3 star teams. Got to quarter finals with them but scored 10 goals with Sheldon who seems to finish every single chance with easy.

louie4
05-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Won the whole thing with Wales.

JAD
05-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Has anyone tryed Niger yet? They have a rly good striker but i have only faced england, spain and france with them so far and didn't rly had a chance to actually get the ball through to him. ^^

James Medway
05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Wales becaue of craig bellamy, even though he's an absolute twat in real life, he's quality on the game

adv liam
05-08-2010, 06:00 PM
congo are shit

rudeboyMACKA
05-08-2010, 11:07 PM
1* - botswana, aint bad for a 1 star team.
2* -?? aint used 1 yet.
3* - burkina faso, very good, some fast players.

i aint that good a fifa player, but i got to the last 16 with botswana, currently using burkina faso and won every game in the group stages.

Epsilon 201st
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Honduras are a great 3* option.
Suazo upfront has great pace and a good finish - Palacios and Hendry Thomas can control the midfield, J de Leon is good with free kicks can play on the right or left

definitely give them a try

elninotorres08
06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Niger are amazing if you can get th ball to that striker (maazou or something) remember : Through balls are the key!!!

777archie
08-15-2011, 06:55 AM
After trying a hundred times I finally won the Online World Cup with a 3 star team. In the final I beat Nigeria 4-3 after being behind 1-3.

I took Honduras, now it is 3.5 star but it will still give you the achievement.

Honduras are best for 3* in my opinion, before I tried with Costa Rica and Burkina Faso a lot, but could not get that far.

Now I am trying 2*.
So far I checked out New Zealand, Estonia, Congo, Sierra Leone and Oman.
I feel like Oman was best for me.

edit:
checked out Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Kenia, Uganda, Sudan too.

Zimbabwe has some good attackers, and Kenia is my 2nd favorite, they are more balanced.

but still a long way to go, did not get past quarter finals yet.

777archie
10-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Must have been another 50 times, and I got the two star achievement.

By far the best 2 Star Team is Congo, they are well balanced and quick, too - put Malonga into the middle instead of left, as he is the best striker.

Now going for 1 star....

After trying a hundred times I finally won the Online World Cup with a 3 star team. In the final I beat Nigeria 4-3 after being behind 1-3.

I took Honduras, now it is 3.5 star but it will still give you the achievement.

Honduras are best for 3* in my opinion, before I tried with Costa Rica and Burkina Faso a lot, but could not get that far.

Now I am trying 2*.
So far I checked out New Zealand, Estonia, Congo, Sierra Leone and Oman.
I feel like Oman was best for me.

edit:
checked out Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Kenia, Uganda, Sudan too.

Zimbabwe has some good attackers, and Kenia is my 2nd favorite, they are more balanced.

but still a long way to go, did not get past quarter finals yet.