PDA

View Full Version : collectors editions

SVTMustangCobra
05-05-2010, 06:18 AM
so everyone probably has posted threads telling people to post their collections but how many of your games are collectors editions? I don't have any as of yet but my first will be the legendary edition of halo: reach

Gun-Nut
05-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I have Limited Edition of Halo Wars I believe mainly since I wanted the maps in Halo 3 at the time and was not much more otherwise all my games are just Standard.

KillerBEA
05-05-2010, 06:25 AM
I have 4:
Mass Effect
Modern Warfare 2 hardened edition
Soul Calibur 4
Splinter Cell Conviction

preordered/going to preorder:
Halo reach legendary edition
gears of war 3
mass effect 3

Looking For:
Perfect dark zero
gears of war 1

ToxicKookie
05-05-2010, 06:49 AM
The only collectors edition I have is BlazBlue, since the collectors came out before the standard and cost the same amount. I think I'll be getting the PS3 version for Continuum Shift, though, since having to pay to play online is lame, and so is the mushy d-pad.

VladimirK
05-05-2010, 08:03 AM
With me I have a lot of collector's stuff, one of the only people who I think has more is JDM :p:biglaugh

Lady Greaver
05-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Special - Limited - Collectors edition:
Dante's inferno (death edition)
Halo 3
Assassins creed 1&2
Splinter cell: convinction
Mass effect 2
Fall out 3
Alone in the dark
Modern warfare 2
Alien vs predatori
Bioshock 1&2
Gears of war 1&2
GTA IV
Street fighter 4
Batman arkham asylum
Final fantasy 13
Fable 2
Prince of persia
Devil may cry 4

mmartynn
05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
my special/limited/collectors editions of games are:

bioshock
halo wars
dead rising
lost planet
mass effect 2
arkham asylum
devil may cry 4
resident evil 5
mass effect
dantes inferno
assassins creed 2 (special (not white/black(i want to get black))
splintercell:conviction (the statue edition)
aliens vs perditor (face hugger edition)
fallout 3 (lunchbox edition)
fallout 3 (statue editon)
ODST (controller edition)
halo 3 legendary
halo 2 tin edition

also, on my copys of

battlefeild: bad company 2

it says limited edition.

agentplatypus
05-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I love collectors editions.

I have:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition
Bioshock 2 Special Edition
Gears of War Collectors Edition
Gears of War 2 Limited Edition
God of War 3 Ultimate Edition (PS3)
Halo Wars Limited Edition
Lost Planet Collectors Edtion
Oblivion Collectors Edition
Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition
Soul Calibur 4 Premium Edition
Splinter Cell Conviction Collectors Edtion

Pre-ordered:
Alan Wake Limited Edition
Halo: Reach Legendary Edition

NightUlf
05-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I think I have about 33 of my games that are collectors/limited/special editions.
(I also have Red Faction that came with the figure, but the game was just standard, however I do have this game signed.)

RuYi
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Out of 22 Xbox 360 retail games, I have 4 collector's editions.
Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition, Resident Evil 5 US Collector's Edition, Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition and the Assassin's Creed II Limited Black Edition.

For other platforms, I have the collector's edition's of Guild Wars Factions and Nightfall, limited edition for Assassin's Creed (PC), Biohazard (Japanese Resident Evil) 2 Value Plus, which was a special edition, and Biohazard Code: Veronica Limited Edition, both for the Dreamcast.

Stevo_safc
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I've had a few of the tin case ones, but never the mega editions like night vision goggles with MW2 or Halo: Reach's crate design. Simply don't have the wonga.

Giptuc
05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I havee... Mass Effect 2, FFXIII, MW2 Prestige, Halo 2, Halo 3, BFBC2, Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell conviction, Assassins Creed 2, Alan Wake, Reach Legendary Edition, ODST Limited edition (with controller)

Had the Far Cry 2 collectors, and yes i included the ones preordered in the ones mentioned above.

psychofox
05-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I have the Limited Edition of Forza 3

Ozbaab
05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Collector's Ed / Limited ed

Bioshock 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Gears of War 1 & 2
Fallout 3
Bayonetta
Halo 3
Dante's Inferno
Oblivion

I wish I had Fable II and Dead Space D:

Elite Scion
05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Of the 30 or so games I have I only have 3 collectors editions

Gears 2
Forza 3
Soul Caliber

Usually dont spend the extra for a LE/CE unless it comes with something
usefull or just cool.

Do have Alan Wake pre-ordered though for some reason.

SSJ3
05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Pictures or it never happened :p

guillermo316
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
i have a few, like bioshock 2, but i wanted one for red dead redemption! sad face.!

iBlessing 09
05-05-2010, 05:04 PM
BioShock, that's the only one I've got.

MachineZed
05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
The Red Dead Redemption preorder bumped me up to the Limited Edition. So that one I will have. The price is the same, and I get a couple new missions. Normally I don't think the SE/LE/CE are worth the price, and my wife complains about my toys/figures so I don't bother.

N3xus Gam3r
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
agree with the guy above ^^

For the that low price im defintly getting it :)

Tricka21
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I have:

Gears of War 1 & 2
Lost Planet (tin edition)
Dead Rising (tin edition)
Devil May Cry 4 (tin edition)
Brothers in Arms (tin edition)
Stranglehold (tin edition)
Halo 3 (tin edition)
Kane & Lynch
Saints Row 1 t-shirt edition
Saints Row 2 golden gun edition

I did have loads more but I sold them because they were taking up space.

chelseaman99
05-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Just Forza Motorsport 3. 90% of the time the extras just aren't worth the asking price.

Cloz
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Not so much for X360 (GeoW & Bad Company for sure, may be several more), but about one hundred overall.

Ben Sharpe
05-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Forza 2 + 3
Gears 2
GTA IV
Battlefield: BC2
Fallout 3
Halo: ODST (the controller one)

Got Alan Wake limited edition pre-ordered aswell.

sak7395
05-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I have forza 3 limited edition and bf bc 2 if that counts

i dont think collectors edition are that special unless you really want them i would buy them buy i aint got a job lol

Seddo
05-05-2010, 11:45 PM
The only collectors edition i bought was GTA 4.

I've got the limited edition of Red Dead Redemption ordered though, although it's nothing special.

spearian
05-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I got the limited edition of Street Fighter 4 and it was shit. Last time i'm ever getting a limited edition, waste of money. Anyone seen the limited edition of Bayonetta? You get a real crap looking plastic gun that looks like its been painted by someone with parkinson's.

kazakalix
05-06-2010, 12:29 AM
i have none either and dont hve the money to get any:(

RudeBoy TK
05-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Have the collectors edetion off COD: modern warfare 2 and gonna preorder red dead redemption yeahhh :woop:

Madfrog0
05-06-2010, 02:34 AM
i get the games that are cool i like with the CE editions.

VladimirK
05-06-2010, 02:37 AM
You get a real crap looking plastic gun that looks like its been painted by someone with parkinson's.

Take it you don't have one then ;)
Sounds a little like sour grapes to me...

The paint is shoddy in parts but it's a far superior material than plastic. It's some kind of resin, only it feels more sturdy than normal resin stuff, think it was called something like, "ceramic resin".
:biglaugh, not exactly a big job to repaint it though, still nice to have in a collection.

Xylon Uxkid
05-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Just to mention some, I have both Gears, Fallout 3,RE4 and RE5 and a few more. The next one will be Alan Wake!

Braiiins
05-06-2010, 02:56 AM
I have Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed
Considering getting AC2 but don't want to drop $60+ on it right now.

I didn't even want the ME collector's edition, went to gamestop and they didn't have any used copies, asked at the counter and they had just gotten a used CE that day so sold that to me. It was the same price as the regular edition, don't know if that was a mistake on their part or not.

ReaLiStiiC
05-06-2010, 05:38 AM
My Limited/Collectors List(Small.):
Fable II ( Didn't get Halo Suit -.-)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ( It says Limited Edition.)
Halo 3: ODST (Got it off a friend new for cheap.. No controller /sigh)
Halo: Reach ( Pre-Ordered Legendary.)

domn8rdom
05-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Wow everyone has more than one? didnt know CEs are so popular on here. Im proud to say I have never bought CE/LE game and never will. hell I dont need to pay 80 to 100 dollars so i can play my 60 dollar game while a figurine sits on a shelf

Emfulz
05-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Halo 2 Limited Edition (had to throw that in there :p), Halo Wars, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, CoD: WaW, Saint's Row 2, Oblivion, Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I probably have a few more but don't wanna look.

I mainly get games collector's if they come with something good and is at a reasonable price for the content.

Hitchman
05-06-2010, 06:16 AM
These are so much cheaper to get when your friends buy most of them and then stop playing the games 2 weeks later!!! gotta love people who aren't hardcore gamers but still buy the LE/CE/SE!!!

Currently own -

Turning Point
Quantum of Solice
Perfect Dark: Zero
Resident Evil 5
Clive Barker's Jericho
Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2 (Black and White Editions imported)
Gears of War 1 and 2
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Halo 3 (Limited and Legendary)
CoD 4: MW
CoD: WaW
CoD: MW2 (Collectors and Prestige)
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Hour of Victory
Bioshock 1 and 2
Brother's in Arms: Hells Highway
Alone in the Dark (imported)
Fallout 3

Coming Soon:

Alan Wake
Halo: Reach (Collectors and Legendary)
Looking to import Red Dead Redemption

Jdm
05-06-2010, 10:09 AM
With me I have a lot of collector's stuff, one of the only people who I think has more is JDM :p:biglaugh

Who said my name?! :p

I actually own EVERY LE/CE game for the Xbox 360 that has been released in the U.S., except for those publisher exclusives (Dead Space from EA, SSFIV: Dojo Edition from Capcom, etc.). Although I'm working on getting the Dojo Edition. I also own some LE/CE 360 games from other regions. ;)

Wow everyone has more than one? didnt know CEs are so popular on here. Im proud to say I have never bought CE/LE game and never will. hell I dont need to pay 80 to 100 dollars so i can play my 60 dollar game while a figurine sits on a shelf

Yeah, I felt the same way before about LE/CE versions. Something got me hooked and I started to collect them. If your game comes with a figurine, you know who to send it to. ;)