PDA

View Full Version : Glitching vs Camping FPS

MaliciousMac
05-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Just curious to see how many glitchers/campers we have here. Thought I'd do a poll.

KillerBEA
05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
well i dont do either, i run around shooting who-ever I see. I dont think your gonna get people addmitting to those kind of things though, cause they know they are gonna get flamed or something like that. I chose all skill!

edit: i realize this is poll i guess what i meant i think no-one would post that, but maybe vote it

MaliciousMac
05-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Well this is a poll. No one will be the wiser as to what they chose.

TheDeadspace
05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't have a problem with campers. It's (usually) easy enough to counter, either by sneaking up and killing them, or just by avoiding the area they are watching.

Hate glitching though. Had a game of Gears 2 where my ENTIRE TEAM glitched under the stairs on Subway. No one on the other team seemed to know what had happened, so I spent 10 minutes being repeatedly violated 1v5, before I called it quits and left the game.

Gun-Nut
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Hate people who glitch and should be fixed ASAP since its not part of the game but camping is a legitimate strategy those who cry about it are those who will die by the same person over and over without even thinking on how to counter it.

I don't camp I prefer to run around and such unless playing a Sniper which is not so often but if Developers thought Camping was something unbalanced it would have been sorted years ago I mean on the PC you get Counter-Strike Servers that have plugins that will eventually damage/kill you if you don't stop camping.

jtr1gg3r
05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I run around alot, but if I get bored and want to camp a bit, why the fuck not?

bob98685
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
glitching sux but camping the action is always cool.. i do hate the ppl the camp some rando doorway away from the battle to catch a stray kill so dumb

Stevo_safc
05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I class camping as sitting in a corner or behind a door waiting for someone to come through, so no I'm not one of them. However, I do like to put myself being cover and play sensibly instead of running around like a marathon-lightweight maniac.

storm python
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
People who glitch in my games ALWAYS get negative rep and a complaint filled.
The best solluting against glitchers is to find out all the glitch locations your self and stop them before they use them.

As for camping i dont see a problem with it its called taking the defensive.
OK its annoying getting you head blown off but in a real combat situation you run around like a cock your gonna die end of.
Iv'e seen it in the real world and it happens just the same in game too.

I camp on alot of MW2 maps just to counter the opposing teams members snipers.
Its not the campers that piss me off it's the 10yr old kids thinking its cool no scoping in game.
I had 1 dickhead last night going ''Dude i cant wait to join the marine corp so i can no scope my 50cal'' LIKE WHATEVER good lick loosing your arms on the recoil or your head from a stray taliban bullet.lol

T FUNK 1984
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Campers = bitches.
Glitchers = bigger bitches.

No seriously though camping is frustrating and altough not cheating it isn't exactly playing properly (just to clarify I mean real camping not sniping, defending or taking cover!) but glitching is cheating and all cheaters should be banned.

SSJ3
05-05-2010, 02:23 PM
No one is going to admit they glitch because they know it's what cowards do.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-05-2010, 02:49 PM
LoL I said glitch , I used the Care package and javelin glitches :D

Pyrochaos
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Campers, although annoying at first, are easy to counter once you learn all the camping spots.

Glitches are people who are terrible at the game, so glitching is a way to make them better.

Both basically ruin most online multiplayers IMO.

True I Skill
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
It depends completely on the game.
I only ever do Glitches if they get me out of the map or into a good spot, I rarely use the spots in Public games.

As for camping i dont exactly understand what people mean by camping anymore, If running to one area of the map and staying in that area taking out the enemies as they spawn, Or run to the same spot like idiots. Then moving on to where the enemys next spawn is. then Yes i do camp.

I hardly do it, But i'd much rather play a match with Glitchers than campers, As long as the glitches are not too over powered, and its just getting to new places on the map, Or somthing really simple that will give the slightest advantage. then im fine with it, actualy makes the game better to have a change instead of the people hiding in corners Phoning all there friends to check there Kill death ratio before they go out there and Risk dieing.

speed gun
05-05-2010, 05:04 PM
hate glitchers and campers
i just run and kill whoever i see not on my team if a play a fps multiplayer

iBlessing 09
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I glitch. I win, you lose.
This is what I picked. /sarcasm

I think glitching is cheating and should be fixed with an update regularly. It takes time to update things and won't be able to be done quickly.

TheDarkness
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I'd rather have people camping than glitching at least camping is part of the game and technically isn't cheating, its just cheap.

Xenization
05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I personally don't use either. Using them requires no skill and removes the intent from the game. I enjoy trying to play the way the developers were intending.

chelseaman99
05-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I never glitch, I do two things people think are camping but I don't think are ... I snipe from one position all game, with claymores covering my back and if I'm in a room and hear someone coming I'll take cover and then knife 'em in the back.

Seraph Xii
05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd never glitch in an online game.

When it comes to camping, it's thrown around so much lately you're considered a camper for staying in 1 position longer than 3 seconds, so who knows...

OG Baker224
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Glitching sucks.Im not a camper but its here to stay.

Opiate42
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Glitching a games mechanics is nauseating. Ruins the fun.

Camping tactically, popping a few shots and move on to a new location whatever no problem that's legit smart strategy and I've thrown a few controllers angered by getting pwned by snipers in MW2 who do this on Wasteland all too well.... What makes me laugh are the guys that camp the same spot CONSTANTLY.

Setup shop get a few kills, get killed because everyone now knows where you are. And you go back!! Again and again and again. To the exact same spot. Camp, die, camp, die and repeat indefinitely. Loser, Fail, and You Suck all rolled into one.

I just have to laugh so hard when I see people do that in any game. It's hilarious.

BlackTitan666
05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I camp. Stop cryin'

domn8rdom
05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
true campers dont admit they are campering d-bags. They honestly thinking that watching the doorway or hallway for minutes at a time is how you play the game. haha its too boring for me. I would rather run around and have fun then sit in a corner and then brag to my friends about my KDR

Seany Show
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Is this specifically tied to one game?

On topic though: I don't do either you will normally find me being the one running down the middle hoping for a quick kill. Camping gets really boring... and glitching needs to be removed and anyone that does it be banned.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Is this specifically tied to one game?

On topic though: I don't do either you will normally find me being the one running down the middle hoping for a quick kill. Camping gets really boring... and glitching needs to be removed and anyone that does it be banned.

So you can honestly say you never used the Care package glitch or the Javelin Glitch in MW2 ?

jamie1000013
05-05-2010, 09:01 PM
campers annoy me on search when they camp at their spawn fucking annoying as. They are so shit that they can't play the game mode go back to TDM then. Lying down prone with there heartbeats and cold blooded lol. I don't know why game developers can't fix these glitches faster tbh. Thats why modern warfare 2 needed to have a beta to test the weapons out and see whether they could uncover glitchees early on.

Seany Show
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
So you can honestly say you never used the Care package glitch or the Javelin Glitch in MW2 ?

Yeah can honestly say I didn't.. Got the 1000gs and to 1st prestige and that was enough for me. Got fed up of the cheating and rubbish that was happening in the multiplayer. Plus I focus more on Gamerscore these days rather than playing multiplayer all the time.

Guess you did those exploits quite a few times?

Code of Conduct
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Here's how I look at it:

Campers: People who are scared to even get out of prone or crouch or whatever, so they resort to camping in a totally unconvient spot so they can ruin your game. Also, people who think that it's like "the military to camp in one spot" are completely stupid.

Glitches: People who have a serious problem with the game and people playing it. It's kind of like the people who game save. They can't get an achievement, so they resort to cheating. Same with glitches and modding. If someone is bad at a game, they use glitches or buy a modded controller online to hide their pathetic depressing life and seem cool over Xbox Live.

I don't do either. And it's extra fun to kill people who do glitch and camp.

sak7395
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
i am a camper, i only know how to do minor glitches like the roof on highrise

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah can honestly say I didn't.. Got the 1000gs and to 1st prestige and that was enough for me. Got fed up of the cheating and rubbish that was happening in the multiplayer. Plus I focus more on Gamerscore these days rather than playing multiplayer all the time.

Guess you did those exploits quite a few times?

Yes I did and I had fun whilst doing it ,more fun then I have ever had on that game anyway

TotalJordy
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I hate glitchers but i do camp every now and again

siamese snake
05-06-2010, 01:38 AM
campers annoy me on search when they camp at their spawn fucking annoying as. They are so shit that they can't play the game mode go back to TDM then. Lying down prone with there heartbeats and cold blooded lol. I don't know why game developers can't fix these glitches faster tbh. Thats why modern warfare 2 needed to have a beta to test the weapons out and see whether they could uncover glitchees early on.

Unless i misunderstood the post i fail to see how this is glitching.They are using attachments/perks that are available for everyone to use given that they are at the required rank.
I have no problem with any campers on any game,glitchers on the otherhand i won't even get started with.

Sampson
05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I voted for campers suck because well, they do. HA! Figures that 40% voted for 100% pure skill. Doubt that :rolleyes:

RudeBoy TK
05-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Sometimes ONLY if needed i glitch for achievements not for in ranked matches etc...

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Sometimes ONLY if needed i glitch for achievements not for in ranked matches etc...
:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused: you are admitting that ?! thats worse !

andami
05-06-2010, 02:08 AM
:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused: you are admitting that ?! thats worse !
Not really. If the game developers are too lazy to fix the problem, then you might as well. I don't, but then again, I can't think of any games I own that have glitched achievements anyway, except maybe GH3, since my brother got the Whammy Mania achievement on One, but I'm not sure how he did it.

Back on topic, glitching to gain an advantage is unfair, but I don't mind finding and exploiting glitches when playing with my friends in private matches.

Also, camping IS a legitimate strategy! Not everything has to be offensive. Just because many people prefer being idiots and running straight into bullets doesn't mean that the people who stay back and pick off people one-by-one are cheaters or cowards.

Campers: People who are scared to even get out of prone or crouch or whatever, so they resort to camping in a totally unconvient spot so they can ruin your game. Also, people who think that it's like "the military to camp in one spot" are completely stupid.
Or maybe it's the opposite.

To reiterate:
http://images.roosterteeth.com/images/product_1248577812.jpg

Hitchman
05-06-2010, 06:39 AM
I stopped playing that game because of the stupid glitches and the 12 year old boys that scream and yell all the time.

Tussell
05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Does it really matter? The people that complain are just as annoying, if not more, than the people they complain about.

SPierce
05-06-2010, 06:52 AM
I can't stand glitchers. I just leave the game.

But campers are another matter entirely. I don't camp, mainly 'cause I can't stand being in one place for ages, but I can see why the do it. It's not breaking any rules of the game, they're just utilising something which not many people can/want to do.

I don't play Multiplayer much, but generally, when I do, I do try and find a secure spot, then use it as a place to reload and heal, whilst branching out to try and stop people finding me...Some people prefer to run head on, using different set ups, and sometimes they get me, and other times I get them. I've also got campers this way, as I run into them...Each strategy has pro's and cons...

Poida
05-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Glitching is cheating to me.
I dont camp either lol its foolish once you have been seen.

Pera85
05-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I understand a sniper that camps (no more than 1or2 minutes in the same place or will be the target of all the enemy granate) on a hill or on a window with a good line of seen, this is his job and a team should have one. I don't understand the man with the shootgun behind the door for all the match, this is the true camper. I tried to camper more than 2 minute it's boring and take 4 kill in all the match.
The glitcher is a poor patetic that ruin all match.

sorry for grammatical errors i'm italian

THe Silent Assassin
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
i dont camp i defend

abstraktion
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I love campers. They give me a specific goal and make for a very satisfying kill.

Dragon_22
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I love campers. They give me a specific goal and make for a very satisfying kill.

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/05/06/1273159700-770.jpg

lordthrash
05-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Glitching sucks! If you camp at least you are playing by the rules.

Poida
05-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I love campers. They give me a specific goal and make for a very satisfying kill. Or if you have a grenade launcher make for sneaky spontaneous kills lol

timkomatt
05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I dont glitch and i dont like campers but i sometimes catch myself doing it ;)

MinginMate
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
campers are fine, glitching is just lame and weak

rvlution
05-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Glitching is retarded. Camping is just annoying.

SnakeIntheboX
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Glitching is far worse, no contest.