PDA

View Full Version : Game Pack 3 is out

SirVexBruzer
05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
....too bad they show stuff on dashboard BEFORE you can actually download it. Oh well...i'll pick up it later today when it's "actually" available. Stoked.

Ooyah
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
....too bad they show stuff on dashboard BEFORE you can actually download it. Oh well...i'll pick up it later today when it's "actually" available. Stoked.

Wooh! Thank you, kind Sir! :)

Well, assuming it will be downloadable at some point... ;)

OMGLOL1111
05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
working now 7a.m. eastern

chriscutis
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm attempting to download, but it's gotten to 99% and said can't download Game Pack 3, then restarted the download, three times now..

Edit: It seems I'm stuck in a loop lol... I can't cancel the download, it gives me an error about not being able to communicate with xbox live.. I can't delete it because it says currently downloading go to cancel etc, i tried rebooting and deleting it before signing in, just started the download again after I signed back in. And, for some reason xbox.com is also screwy for me, trying to sign in leads me to an error page

OMGLOL1111
05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm attempting to download, but it's gotten to 99% and said can't download Game Pack 3, then restarted the download, three times now..

well it worked for me, got the pack and bought a few games, got the free mascotts

cool stuff, i guess you should get it soon

chriscutis
05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Well I fixed the problem, logged into a silver account and downloaded it with no problem, the website is now working for me too.

pinata242
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
There's a new, free Activision Theme in there.

Padapolis
05-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Any other themes or decor items in Pack 3?

Ooyah
05-05-2010, 02:26 PM
There's a new, free Activision Theme in there.

Hmmmm... Activision... do you reckon we'll get the 2600 version of Ghostbusters? Maybe H.E.R.O. as well!!! Wooh!!!! :)

heinstach
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM

Nope, so the Fancy Arcade achievement is not yet obtainable.

pinata242
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Just the one Theme. Didn't look at Decor because I don't really care about that ;)

Onyx_a87
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Super Breakout makes the 1 hour continuous achievement ridiculously easy.

mortuos
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Which actual games are in the pack? I hate that all I can find is "Pitfall, Superbreakout" and some listing of an amount of games from consoles/arcades but not actual names.
thanks!

linktriforce007
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
how come in the xbox description for GR it totals 14 games, but there's only seven?

N3xus Gam3r
05-05-2010, 06:56 PM
wheres the free mascot?

pinata242
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
wheres the free mascot?

We don't understand your question.

Here are the rules.

Each "Game Pack" has 7 games. Each game has 1 Mascot. If you purchase a game on the day it is released, you get the associated Mascot for free. To enable a Mascot, from the Main Menu to go "My Collection", then over to "Mascots", and you can enable up to 10 of them at a time.

Does that help?

N3xus Gam3r
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
i thougt there was a free one...never mind

xhunterrrr
05-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Just the one Theme. Didn't look at Decor because I don't really care about that ;)

Wait, there is a theme in Pack 3?

N3xus Gam3r
05-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Wait, there is a theme in Pack 3? yes, its a activision theme

nnaatteedd
05-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I was up until 6am eastern time and it was available at 5am and worked fine for me.

OMGLOL1111
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Super Breakout makes the 1 hour continuous achievement ridiculously easy.

how exactly??!?

Comatose
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
how exactly??!?
when you load up the game, do not serve the ball. So dont press a, and just move the paddle around every so often...for an hour and done.

KeepEmRolling
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
same with Night Stalker....just leave the guy in the crypt or whatever it is and move him every so often. bronze level for time spender on this game is an hour, so that'll help towards that medal as well.

UnarmedReaper07
05-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I think that the new theme in Pack 003 is actually a "Pitfall" theme room. This is based on the images of the room if you look closely enough.

RudeBoy TK
05-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Yas and YEAHH finaly the dlc pack 3 is out for me getting more achievement thanks for let me know :woop:

linktriforce007
05-06-2010, 05:45 AM
how come in the xbox description for GR it totals 14 games, but there's only seven?

still would love to know this.

Ooyah
05-06-2010, 07:26 AM

Me too! Confused the hell out of me! Unless, in the pack are included games from other packs, for people who did not download the others? Which, would be beyond stupid. I can't think of anything else though. I do love Game Room, but there is a massive lack of care running through the whole thing. Still... Pitfall, eh? Gotta look at the positives. :)

littlejay
05-06-2010, 12:41 PM
sounds like a simple mistake. from what we know there will only be 7 games each week.

and pitfall is the only decent game out of the bunch. the rest are pretty 'meh'

MACdanstaface
05-06-2010, 01:20 PM
pitfall is the only decent game out of the bunch. the rest are pretty 'meh'

For sure, Super Breakout is horrid - but I guess real good for those after the time based achievements...

Love Pitfall! Now, I only need Jungle Hunt ;)

sweatdog
05-06-2010, 01:36 PM

My suspicion is that "game pack 3" includes the games released this week and the ones to be released next week. Looking at the list of games from those weeks, I think the numbers presented in the description seems right.

That begs the question, what exactly is in the "game packs". Are they just themes, decor, etc? Do you have to have the game pack first to download the game? Has anyone downloaded a game before getting it's corresponding game pack? If you do have to download the game pack first, is it possible that the actual gamecode is in the gamepacks, and that all you're buying is the license to unlock said game? Any thoughts?

pinata242
05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
My suspicion is that "game pack 3" includes the games released this week and the ones to be released next week. Looking at the list of games from those weeks, I think the numbers presented in the description seems right.

That begs the question, what exactly is in the "game packs". Are they just themes, decor, etc? Do you have to have the game pack first to download the game? Has anyone downloaded a game before getting it's corresponding game pack? If you do have to download the game pack first, is it possible that the actual gamecode is in the gamepacks, and that all you're buying is the license to unlock said game? Any thoughts?

Game Pack 3 contains the 7 games, cabinet art work, and Activision Theme released yesterday. You can't buy a license to a game without having the game pack because, without it, there's no link to the XBL marketplace.

If you visit an arcade (even your own) that requires Packs you don't have, you'll see the cabinet "ghosted out". You'll see something is there that your system can't render. Even worse is a missing theme. Try it. Set the Activision theme to one of the rooms in your arcade and then delete Game Pack 3 and go back into your arcade. They may have fixed this with a patch, but in the beginning there was a huge "null rendering" bug there.

The delivery mechanism isn't very complicated, but it's going to cause our hard drives to get very full in the future, especially if we're keeping 60mb files for one or two tiny ROM files and/or a simple room skin (theme).

So far, I need all three packs even though I only have 7 games. I'm not sure what I'll do in the future when a pack comes out that I don't technically need. I may delete it and never look back.

sweatdog
05-06-2010, 01:55 PM
We've been assuming that the games released this week is the entire "game pack 3". The other poster was curious why in the description of game pack 3 they described it as 14 games. My theory is that they've already included next weeks games in this game pack (or at least the framework for those games), just not allowing us to unlock them until next week. We'll know next Wednesday if they make available more games, but don't release a "game pack 4".

MACdanstaface
05-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Set the Activision theme to one of the rooms in your arcade and then delete Game Pack 3 and go back into your arcade.

FYI: I deleted pack 003 (for another reason), and when I went back to my arcade I couldn't play any of the games I bought. Was pissed/worried for a bit, but managed to play them again by going in my profile info/download history and select download again for all the games.

Not the end of the world, but still quite a hassle just to make sure you won't be able to see game/themes you haven't downloaded - which seems pretty obvious and shouldn't need any confirmation in the first place.

pinata242
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I would be extremely surprised if Game Pack 003 also contains next week's games (for the total of 14 listed in the description), but if it does that'd be wonderful news.

The problem is "when" do they make those games available from GP3? You can't use offline system time because anyone can fake that. Of course, offline you wouldn't be able to buy them anyway so it may be a moot point if you want to demo first. Would be an interesting test and I may do that in a little while.

Beyond that, it's certainly possible for them to only make the content visible when the XBL server time reaches 0200 PDT on 5/12/2010.

If they did get 14 games in GP3 and GP4 won't come until 5/19, that would be fantastic news for my hard drive :)

pinata242
05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
FYI: I deleted pack 003 (for another reason), and when I went back to my arcade I couldn't play any of the games I bought. Was pissed/worried for a bit, but managed to play them again by going in my profile info/download history and select download again for all the games.

Not the end of the world, but still quite a hassle just to make sure you won't be able to see game/themes you haven't downloaded - which seems pretty obvious and shouldn't need any confirmation in the first place.

You'd think it's obvious, but people ask. I did the testing myself a month and a half ago when it came out because I wanted to see if I could delete either GP1 or GP2 since, at the time, the actual contents of either pack wasn't specifically known.

pinata242
05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
The problem is "when" do they make those games available from GP3? You can't use offline system time because anyone can fake that. Of course, offline you wouldn't be able to buy them anyway so it may be a moot point if you want to demo first. Would be an interesting test and I may do that in a little while.

So, I just tested this and you can't access the store unless you're connected to XBL. So there's no way that I could see to see what else is on my hard drive by faking the time. Guess we'll find out in 6 days.

littlejay
05-06-2010, 02:20 PM
game pack 3 only has this weeks games. it would be twice the download size. gamepacks 1 and 2 had twice as many games and was twice the size of gp3. dont start the "i already have the content" arguments please. the games will come out when they are released and you are not getting anything early.

i wish people would stop jumping to conclusions when it comes to downloadable content.

sweatdog
05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
game pack 3 only has this weeks games. it would be twice the download size. gamepacks 1 and 2 had twice as many games and was twice the size of gp3. dont start the "i already have the content" arguments please. the games will come out when they are released and you are not getting anything early.

i wish people would stop jumping to conclusions when it comes to downloadable content.

I don't really care whether the code for next week's games are in this week's pack since we can't unlock them until then, I'm just speculating on the apparent discrepancy between the number of games described in the game pack being 14, when only 7 games were released this week. As far as the file size, I don't think this proves anything, since game pack 3 only had 1 theme and fewer (any?) decor items, and I suspect these would effect the file size more than the code for 25-30 year old games (or just the framework code if the actual game code is downloaded on purchase). Anyway, we'll know the answer on Wednesday, barring any further delays.

SirVexBruzer
05-06-2010, 08:13 PM

:) Gosh I hate jumpers. All I know is people hate me AND new games next week!!! :woop:

Natetendo83
05-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Night Stalker...freaking awesome, loved that game when I was young. Also easy way to get time played achievements. Start the game, hide in the hut, walk away.

pinata242
05-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Now which of us jumped to conclusions? ;)