PDA

View Full Version : Suspended for not having a valid credit card?

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I got home today and a few days ago used my 3 Month membership card to replace my credit card since I didn't have the money on my card. I get home today, log in, and find I'm suspended because i don't have a valid card and it will not acknowledge the card! I bought a second and am trying to set it up with this card as well, meaning that other card never worked and was $20 Microsoft kinda stole from me. It keeps telling me top update my current information in Account Management and won't sign me on to live, and will not accept the card number unless I put in a valid card.

WHAT GIVES?!

mosin360
05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Doubt you are suspended, just call MS billing dept to get it taken care of. I see posts like this on the Account Suspensions and Console Bans forum a lot.

ApochWeiss
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah I plan to call in a bit, I actually AM suspended from live. I can sign on, but I can't do a damned thing other then write friends and have my gamerscore update. I wanted to buy some Game Room games and it won't let me on the marketplace at all. It sucks. I've justnever heard of such a thing, demanding a credit card (I had the auto renewel thing) to renew on-line services when I paid through a different option.

AOS Puck
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
In the past, once you added a credit card to your account, you had to always have an active credit card tied to your account. It is possible this still exists.

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-05-2010, 02:42 PM
In the past, once you added a credit card to your account, you had to always have an active credit card tied to your account. It is possible this still exists.

No I have removed them from my box thrice and put them back on and I haven't been suspended

gamerguy69
05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Do you know when your membership was set to auto-charge the credit card that has no funds on it now?

I think even when they can't charge you they won't "suspend" the account right away. You may have been coasting with a grace period and when they attempted another charge on the CC they locked the account.

Try clearing things up but NOT THRU THE Xbox dashboard. Your Windows LIVE ID should still be accessible on your computer. You may be able to update your billing thru there.

OG Baker224
05-05-2010, 07:07 PM
This happened to me a couple of months ago. I was month to month auto renewal on.After my month was up they gave me another month even though i had no money on my prepaid credit card.Then i bought a prepaid 1 month card and i couldnt use it until i paid back my month i got for free at the time.If you ever use a credit card for memberships always set your auto renewal to off(on xbox.com) after you use it if your balance might be to low to pay for it next renewal.

Infection Ftw
05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Tell them they get a Happy Meal if they fix it.

PhoenixThreat
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
This happened to a buddy of mine they made him pay for the month he used but by the time he paid it the one month card he used expired and they charged him again and he still didn't have money on his card lol. The only fix he could think of was to just start a new account

gamerguy69
05-05-2010, 08:00 PM
This happened to a buddy of mine they made him pay for the month he used but by the time he paid it the one month card he used expired and they charged him again and he still didn't have money on his card lol. The only fix he could think of was to just start a new account

It seems like this is completely avoidable if people just kept tabs on when their membership is set to renew and auto-charged. Also, know your Windows LIVE ID and password. Opt-in to Microsoft e-mails and notifications. Check your e-mail regularly. :)

Fizzmatix
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I think this is a common issue when a card expires. The services tries to charge it but as it can't it suspends the account. You can call microsoft and get them to correct it. I'm not sure if they will remove the card from the account, the best thing is to not tie a card to your account to avoid this issue.

As puck said it may be that old issue which you can't avoid. You're better off talking to the tech support "shudders" and see if you can fix the problem. There is no way around this other than to call really.

dakisbac
05-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Get on support quick times. My cousin's card expired and they ended up "deleting" his gamertag. By that I mean he could not recover the gamertag ("gamertag does not exist") and none of his DLC worked. Strangely enough it is permanently gold.

sak7395
05-05-2010, 09:26 PM
my friend had this u always have to have money on ur credit card otherwise the live service is banned on that account u have the credit card on

PwcrLinux
05-06-2010, 09:01 AM
If you using the pre-paid visa or mc, they're not accepting the "Pre-Paid", you need to get the subscription cards at the any store.

I don't trust to put on my visa card into xbox billings. I alway buy the subscription cards or MS points cards.

Giptuc
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Happened to my account two months ago... the credit card i had linked was cancelled because it was no longer working, however i wasnt suspended. I rang up microsoft to get auto renew turned off and they actually told me that my account had been charged for auto renewal, but payment was never given, so they kept charging the account for those two months and kept giving me gold :P.

However there was a $22 overdue fee on my account, and when I linked the other credit card to the account it automatically paid the overdue fee.

When i rang up i got the auto-renewal turned off and then i just used a 12 month prepaid card. I was told not to use it until my gold expired from the auto renew time though, since it might start it back up again, and she made a point like 5 times to tell me that lol... but i couldnt anyway because it wouldnt let me use a prepaid card while auto-renew was active (fail)

For anyone wanting to turn it off though, make sure you ring up microsoft as turning it off on the website does not work. They have to turn it off manually