PDA

View Full Version : Easy Pitfall Gold Medal (Score buster)

heinstach
05-05-2010, 04:35 PM
To easily get the score buster gold medal for Pitfall, go to www.twingalaxies.com (http://www.twingalaxies.com) and download the Perfect Pitfall video in the video section.

Just pause the game after each screen and play that screen on the Xbox.

halfiepint
05-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I couldn't get the site to come up.

But, here's a map that shows you the best moves you can make:

http://pitfallharry.tripod.com/MapRoom/PitfallMap.html

heinstach
05-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I couldn't get the site to come up.

But, here's a map that shows you the best moves you can make:

http://pitfallharry.tripod.com/MapRoom/PitfallMap.html

Neither could I, so I guess it's down for maintenance.

Btw. it's THE site to visit, if you have any interest in retro hiscores.

MisterGuyMan
05-05-2010, 05:24 PM
How does the survival medal work? Is that easy too?

KeepEmRolling
05-05-2010, 05:47 PM
How does the survival medal work? Is that easy too?

very easy...if you don't get it from just playing the game, just fall down to a section with a wall and no scorpions and keep walking into the wall:)

xhunterrrr
05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Helpful, once the website works. I can't seem to get past the three alligators that you first encounter on like stage 5 or whatever. I can't make it across the 3 before they opens their mouths and I die. Any tips?

maringo
05-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Helpful, once the website works. I can't seem to get past the three alligators that you first encounter on like stage 5 or whatever. I can't make it across the 3 before they opens their mouths and I die. Any tips?

Jump on the first one and move right until you're on it's head. The head of each crocodile is safe and you should now be able to jump across the other two without worrying about the jaws, as you'll land on their heads as well.

xhunterrrr
05-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Jump on the first one and move right until you're on it's head. The head of each crocodile is safe and you should now be able to jump across the other two without worrying about the jaws, as you'll land on their heads as well.

Thanks!

Do you know if you get to keep playing when the 20 minutes are up?

nnaatteedd
05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
nope, it's game over

jorax
05-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Nice tip on the website - using that map I got 80k points!

FrankXnBeanZ
05-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Found this from a retro game site. I used this method for score buster.

Here is one possible "solution" for Pitfall! It ocasionally uses the underground passage to bypass above-ground scenes without any treasures. If you execute this pattern without too much delay, without running into any logs, and without losing all your lives, then you should be able to net around 100,000 points.

1.In scene 1, descend the stairway into the underground and then proceed leftward; you will continue going to the left for the remainder of the game.

2.At the second scene, hop over the scorpion and then proceed to the third screen.
3.At the third scene, take the stairs back up to the ground level of the jungle.
4.Go to about the fourteenth scene and pick up the first treasure (a money bag).
5.Stay on the ground level, running left, for several more scenes until you can pick up the second treasure. Take it, and continue moving left.
6.At the second "opportunity" that follows, go back underground. (By "opportunity" we mean a stairway that leads you down to a point where you are not blocked in the same scene by a brick wall on the left.) (**Me** : I found its actually be the 3rd stairway to climb )
7. Continue underground until the next stairway; take it to the ground level.
8.Continue above ground, always going to the left. Pick up the next five treasures. (The last one, in case you lose count, will be the second silver bar you come to.)
9. Go down at the next "opportunity".
10. Hop over one scorpion and then go up at the next stairway.
Proceed to the left on the ground level for the rest of the game. Gather all the treasures as you go along; you should be able to collect enough treasures to net a final score not very far from the maximum 114,000 points.

MACdanstaface
05-06-2010, 01:28 PM
The map is great man, thx for that (but I'm still 20 screens short of getting all treasures)...

BTW: The title doesn't do credit to this thread. Pitfall! is easy enough. A guide to get 20+k would be über lame.

Squalasura
05-06-2010, 02:32 PM
I have rubberbanded my controller to walk into a wall for the 20 minutes three times so far and it has never given me credit for more than 2:30. Anyone else having this issue? The first two times I walked away but last time I kept audio low and checked in on it a couple of times and I stayed connected and running into the wall for the full 20 minutes.

MACdanstaface
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I have rubberbanded my controller to walk into a wall for the 20 minutes three times so far and it has never given me credit for more than 2:30. Anyone else having this issue? The first two times I walked away but last time I kept audio low and checked in on it a couple of times and I stayed connected and running into the wall for the full 20 minutes.

Dude, if you've got the game why don't you play it? It's one of the easiest games out there, so really no need to take out the rubberband trick for the 20 min...
I can understand if you don't like the game, regret getting it but still want the 15pts worth of medals (I did that for super breakout). But if you like it, the only thing you'll need is the map if you want to max out your high score.

xhunterrrr
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM

You need to hit A every couple minutes.

D00mM4r1n3
05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I played the game for the full 20 minutes and was credited with over 21 minutes of game time. The internal clock must not be in sync with the play-time clock.

For the Score Buster, just keep going across the top to the right and within 10 minutes you'll have more than enough. No need to go for 100k unless you wanted to get on the leaderboards.

halfiepint
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
The "rubber band" trick has never worked for me. Only a turbo controller where I program the A button to press itself repeatedly.

but you are right: Pitfall is so fun why wouldn't you want to play it?

OMGLOL1111
05-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Here is one possible "solution" for Pitfall! It ocasionally uses the underground passage to bypass above-ground scenes without any treasures. If you execute this pattern without too much delay, without running into any logs, and without losing all your lives, then you should be able to net around 100,000 points.

1.In scene 1, descend the stairway into the underground and then proceed leftward; you will continue going to the left for the remainder of the game.

2.At the second scene, hop over the scorpion and then proceed to the third screen.
3.At the third scene, take the stairs back up to the ground level of the jungle.
4.Go to about the fourteenth scene and pick up the first treasure (a money bag).
5.Stay on the ground level, running left, for several more scenes until you can pick up the second treasure. Take it, and continue moving left.
6.At the second "opportunity" that follows, go back underground. (By "opportunity" we mean a stairway that leads you down to a point where you are not blocked in the same scene by a brick wall on the left.) (**Me** : I found its actually be the 3rd stairway to climb )
8.Continue above ground, always going to the left. Pick up the next five treasures. (The last one, in case you lose count, will be the second silver bar you come to.)
Proceed to the left on the ground level for the rest of the game. Gather all the treasures as you go along; you should be able to collect enough treasures to net a final score not very far from the maximum 114,000 points.

good stuff!

got me the easy gold!

thanks man

Darth Bumfluff
05-15-2010, 08:59 AM
The rubber band trick, whilst running into a wall, worked for me, however, I found the easiest way to tackle this game is to run backwards. This is the way I used to play it on my Atari 2600 way back when!

Adahn
05-16-2010, 12:18 PM
I played the game for the full 20 minutes and was credited with over 21 minutes of game time. The internal clock must not be in sync with the play-time clock.

Same happened to me - I had paused the game mid-flow for a tea, so figured that the game clock had kept ticking for a minute or so into the pause before I restarted the game.

manifest95
05-18-2010, 02:04 PM

This worked great for me! I remember playing this game as a kid, and when I bought it I thought it was the biggest mistake because I sucked at it. Doing it this way, not only did I get gold medals in score and survival, but I also learned how to play the game better so I can enjoy it. Thanks man!!