PDA

View Full Version : crippled time counting

delluxxo
05-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Some1 else have same problem with game room?

I played game (Scramble) 60 minutes of real time but game counts only 43 minutes or so.

Very big problem is with GOLD Survivalist medal (19 minutes) for Pitfall. I beat game 11x today, every gameplay was full 20 minutes (maximum in this game), but that stupid game count me 3:15, 6:48, 15:25, 17:44, 11:10, 18:57 etc.

Im really confused with that. Any idea how fix this problem or devs are so retarded, when they have no idea how to programme basic time counting functions?? :mad::mad::mad:

xhunterrrr
05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Some1 else have same problem with game room?

I played game (Scramble) 60 minutes of real time but game counts only 43 minutes or so.

Very big problem is with GOLD Survivalist medal (19 minutes) for Pitfall. I beat game 11x today, every gameplay was full 20 minutes (maximum in this game), but that stupid game count me 3:15, 6:48, 15:25, 17:44, 11:10, 18:57 etc.

Im really confused with that. Any idea how fix this problem or devs are so retarded, when they have no idea how to programme basic time counting functions?? :mad::mad::mad:

The time is based on actual playing. So if you pause or put down the controller for a few minutes, it stops counting time.

delluxxo
05-06-2010, 08:24 AM
I moved all the time. I passed over 130 screen in every game.

Some other ideas? :(

Ooyah
05-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I moved all the time. I passed over 130 screen in every game.

Some other ideas? :(

Just a theory, but...

Game Room *seems* to detect if you are idle when playing... just standing still. In Pitfall (at least the way I play it :), there are moments of standing still... waiting for a rope to come to you, waiting for a log to move closer, etc.

Now I don't know, but there is a chance that the game stops logging time when the character (Harry, I think?) is standing still?

This could be a ridiculous theory, but it is really hard to tell what is happening. Because, yes, something is most definitely amiss. Maybe they were so desperate to stop people coasting to the 'Blisters' achievement that they put into force special measures.

Ilindur
05-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I dont have this problem.

I've been triying, and as long I know, the game room counts as "game play" when you press the buttons (A,X,Y,B,RB,RT,LB,LT), and no count when you ONLY moving the stick for more than 30 secs.

I have been triying this teory in games like Shaolings, Pitfall, night stalker and lunar lander (while going for time spender medal), so i think my teory is correct xD
(Sorry my englihs im european)

delluxxo
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Ohhhhh, I try it now and IŽll report soon if it also working for me. Tnx a lot for ideas. :woop:

delluxxo
05-06-2010, 02:57 PM
LOL, I really donŽt understand time counting.

Few moments ago, I made my personal best 81.925 pts in Pitfall and game play time was 20:07

Relly great when maximum game play time is just 20:00 minutes.

But general thing is, i have gold Survivalist medal.

Tnx all for tips :drunk

Ilindur
05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
jeje, yeah, my best in pitfall was 21:30, really weird xD