PDA

View Full Version : Machete "Cinco de Mayo" Trailer

xSeifer13x
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Harry over at Ain't It Cool News has posted an awesome Cinco de Mayo trailer for Robert Rodriguez's upcoming film staring Danny Trejo with a special message to Arizona.

[Original Post]

Hey Arizona, Don't F**k With This Mexican...MACHETE has some Cinco De Mayo words for you!!!

Hey folks, Harry here and earlier today Robert Rodriguez and Danny Trejo dropped by my house with a package. Rodriguez is calling this his "Illegal" trailer. You see, Robert talked Fox into letting him put together a Cinco De Mayo message for ARIZONA - given. Well, the way things are in Arizona at this moment - it is kinda insane that there is a movie that was shot over a year ago waiting to be released that is about - THIS EXACT ISSUE...but if, Danny Trejo and buddies went Revolution Wacko as a result.

Make no bones about it, this is a pure Mexploitation film, but like real exploitation at its height, that sh*t was pulled straight out of the headlines, even sometimes slightly before the headlines were the headlines. Frankly - that's just kinda cool. We've all known about this silly fun project of Robert's for a while, but then...an entire fucking state just goes f**king nuts... And us being Texans - we're usually quite aware of the lunacy of our surroundings here. But really, ARIZONA...what the hell?

For your pure enjoyment here you go my friends, Happy CINCO DE MAYO! Spread this Everywhere!!!

YouTube- Machete Robert Rodriguez Trailer

http://cribbster.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/machete-poster-trejo.jpg

Cable Player
05-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Wayhayyy Michelle Rodriguez!
This looks interesting - some of these actors are reasonably famous.
(I say reasonably because they are no Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson)

Oh no! 666th post!
Meh, I don't believe in that garbage!
Touch Wood.

Tussell
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
This should be interesting. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this movie will be a letdown.

Seems like a pretty fun cast though...

Cheech Marin - Always awesome... Especially in From Dusk 'Til Dawn.
Michelle Rodriguez - Always a pleasure seeing her sexy ass on the screen!
Lindsay Lohan - Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise, like Paris Hilton in Repo!
Robert DeNiro - Do I really need an explanation?
Jessica Alba - Extremely overrated. I really only enjoyed her in Idle Hands.
Steven Seagal - LMAO!

CodSteaks
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
wow, i can't believe they're actually making this in to a full length movie. i usually like robert rodriguez's "real" movies (i don't count spy kids and such), but i'm not so sure about this one. i'll probably wait to rent it.
i did have to laugh that they are "introducing" don johnson :biglaugh

A Satyr
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Looks like a got a new best movie ever coming up soon, because that was the best trailer EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

xSeifer13x
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
This should be interesting. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this movie will be a letdown.

Seems like a pretty fun cast though...

Cheech Marin - Always awesome... Especially in From Dusk 'Til Dawn.
Michelle Rodriguez - Always a pleasure seeing her sexy ass on the screen!
Lindsay Lohan - Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise, like Paris Hilton in Repo!
Robert DeNiro - Do I really need an explanation?
Jessica Alba - Extremely overrated. I really only enjoyed her in Idle Hands.
Steven Seagal - LMAO!

You forgot a few.

Don Johnson - Depending on your age, you know he's awesome.
Rose McGowan - Was this really a surprise? She's still hot though.
Jeff Fahey - One of the best B/C actors around.
Cheryl Chin - She may not be that famous, but she's nice to look at.
Tom Savini - His name speaks for itself. SEX MACHINE!
Daryl Sabara - The kid from Spy Kids.
Carlos Gallardo - Better known as, El Mariachi from The El Mariachi film.
Tito Larriva - The awesome singer for the group Tito & Tarantula which played a small part in
From Dusk Till Dawn as the vampire band...Tito & Tarantula.

Some roles did have me going "WTF!", but I mean seriously though in a film like this having Lindsay Lohan and Steven Seagal play together in the same movie is just some sort of greatness.

Tussell
05-06-2010, 06:41 AM
You forgot a few.

Don Johnson - Depending on your age, you know he's awesome.
Rose McGowan - Was this really a surprise? She's still hot though.
Jeff Fahey - One of the best B/C actors around.
Cheryl Chin - She may not be that famous, but she's nice to look at.
Tom Savini - His name speaks for itself. SEX MACHINE!
Daryl Sabara - The kid from Spy Kids.
Carlos Gallardo - Better known as, El Mariachi from The El Mariachi film.
Tito Larriva - The awesome singer for the group Tito & Tarantula which played a small part in
From Dusk Till Dawn as the vampire band...Tito & Tarantula.

Some roles did have me going "WTF!", but I mean seriously though in a film like this having Lindsay Lohan and Steven Seagal play together in the same movie is just some sort of greatness.
I didn't dig deep enough to see those, I strictly watched the trailer. I know I missed Don Johnson, but I don't really care enough. Not the biggest fan, those he's still good.

xSeifer13x
05-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Don Johnson proved his awesomeness to me in the 1990's film, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

Back on topic, you guys know that Machete kills the bad guys and gets the girls right?

http://www.solaceincinema.com/wp-content/uploads/machete.jpg