PDA

View Full Version : Voting system is stupid

Stewie Griffin2
05-06-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought I'd chime in on this seeing as so many people seem to be okay with it. I'm sick of playing 1 flag CTF on Sword Base because I run into a party of 4 faggots that think it's cool. It usually ends in my team quitting because they don't like it, but since it was at the top of the list, while all 4 players on my team voted for "None of the Above" we still had to play it. Is this something that can/will be changed on release or are we going to have to deal with this bullshit forever? I'd like to see it so that if the majority votes for one thing, it goes to that game/map. If half the players vote for "None of the Above", it resets. Does this makes sense to anyone else?

Also, I know there's a thread for this, but no BRs sucks donkey dick. These single shot guns are slow as shit and don't do enough damage to people unless you're smoking them in the head, and it still takes 5-7 shots to kill them. What's wrong with a good-ole BR to kill some mofos?

iBean
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree with the voting system it sucks. It should start on none of the above. Or at least have something other than Stockpile or 1 flag at the top for once! I can't stand those anymore!!

I disagree with the BR, it was a unbalanced weapon. Everybody used it, in Reach I'm seeing a lot more variation, even the Plasma Pistol is being used effectively now!

Cyler12
05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I thought I'd chime in on this seeing as so many people seem to be okay with it. I'm sick of playing 1 flag CTF on Sword Base because I run into a party of 4 faggots that think it's cool. It usually ends in my team quitting because they don't like it, but since it was at the top of the list, while all 4 players on my team voted for "None of the Above" we still had to play it. Is this something that can/will be changed on release or are we going to have to deal with this bullshit forever? I'd like to see it so that if the majority votes for one thing, it goes to that game/map. If half the players vote for "None of the Above", it resets. Does this makes sense to anyone else?

Also, I know there's a thread for this, but no BRs sucks donkey dick. These single shot guns are slow as shit and don't do enough damage to people unless you're smoking them in the head, and it still takes 5-7 shots to kill them. What's wrong with a good-ole BR to kill some mofos?
The voting starts with everyone voting onthe first one. It needs to be on "no of the above". It seems like the gayest 1 flag and stockpile is first and you get stuck with those fucking gay-ass gametypes.
Glad to see you're from Cincy:)

Artful Dodger
05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
You get to change your mind, incase you voted the wrong option for you which is cool

Hot Juicy Pie
05-06-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/609/smallestviolinwz4.jpg&ei=bs3iS5PMCcH78AaNyc2rBA&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNF0kzqT2QY2ePy_uEHuW3C8zyFVdg

Maka
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I put this very simply in a different thread. Think about this in the Halo 3 way. The top option is the gametype Bungie wants you to play. The other 3 are veto options. If not enough people veto the first option you are stuck playing it, otherwise a different one is picked.

iBean
05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I put this very simply in a different thread. Think about this in the Halo 3 way. The top option is the gametype Bungie wants you to play. The other 3 are veto options. If not enough people veto the first option you are stuck playing it, otherwise a different one is picked.

That worked well in Halo 3 when you could only vote for one thing, but now you can vote for three and since the top is always Stockpile and 1 Flag it gets extremely repetitive.

sk83rty
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't like how everybody keeps changing their selections every half a second because they're bored or feel like messing around and it's always the game mode that more than half the people don't want to do that ends up getting chosen unless you're playing with serious gamers...

Natetendo83
05-06-2010, 07:44 PM
The voting set up is almost perfect in my opinion. They should change it so that if you have 4 votes for one and 4 for another it should always give the advantage to the non-default vote. For example, you join a lobby, the default vote is 1 Flag CTF but for people for for Slayer Classic. Slayer should win.

Vonzipper
05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish people would stop making pointless posts complaining about this beta.

It's a BETA and therefore may not be representable of the final product. Things people don't like will change, there will not be this many glitches or bugs. Don't worry, once the actual game is released you can complain about it to your hearts content! ;)

gingerCHRIS123
05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree, even though I enjoy CTF. It gets boring playing CTF on the same map, all the time. because some people probably can't be bothered to vote. However, it is a beta, so hopefully they will change it.
I'd like it if no option was selected, and the most selected one wins, so if you can't be bothered voting it impacts nothing.

Soviet x
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Agreed. Hopefully fixed before launch.

DrCool
05-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Well it's at least an improvement on the last system, letting you see what you will get if you veto instead of potentially getting something worse than what you had. Personnally I like the new voting, the chaotic scrambling and changing of votes is pretty cool.

Atroxx70
05-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Well it's at least an improvement on the last system, letting you see what you will get if you veto instead of potentially getting something worse than what you had. Personnally I like the new voting, the chaotic scrambling and changing of votes is pretty cool.

I like it too, but I also agree that the first option shouldn't get everyone's default vote.

!xobile
05-07-2010, 05:52 PM
it does suck, im sure some people dont know how to vote or just dont vote. it should have theres vote not count until they do so or have it on none of the above.

note bungie need to know these problems :P

Atroxx70
05-07-2010, 08:37 PM
it does suck, im sure some people dont know how to vote or just dont vote. it should have theres vote not count until they do so or have it on none of the above.

note bungie need to know these problems :P

I think most people don't vote. So if the default were "none of the above" it would only slow down matchmaking because it would reroll the 3 choices every match. I don't think there should be a default vote at all. Either that or include a choice called "no preference" and have that be the default.

Fire Mage
05-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I wish they would make it actually well done selection: as in, before you get into the lobby, you choose the gametype you want to play.

Then once in there, you vote on the maps instead. But I'm not sure still.

That still wouldn't be best. It's seeming exactly like Gears of War 2 in that aspect.

Atroxx70
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I wish they would make it actually well done selection: as in, before you get into the lobby, you choose the gametype you want to play.

Then once in there, you vote on the maps instead. But I'm not sure still.

That still wouldn't be best. It's seeming exactly like Gears of War 2 in that aspect.

When the game goes live I imagine it'll be like that for specific game types like Slayer or w/e. You decide you want to play Slayer all night and instead of voting on game types, you vote for maps, with stuff like Team Rockets and whatnot thrown in for variety. The beta has the Grab Bag playlist though, so that's why we're seeing so many different game type choices.

ghost10221987
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm with everyone that said the default should not exist. You're vote should not count unless you actually place the vote. If you're farting around in the armory (which I'm guilty of) during the voting process, it shouldn't count your vote for 1-flag, because you did not actually vote for 1-flag.

UCB Disco
05-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I honestly think the voting system rocks! Sure, it's not as good as it could be, but it's a hell of a lot better than Halo 3's. I only vote that you have no vote for anything right off the bat, and then let you choose amongst the three available options.

Other than that, I think it's stellar.

a random cat
05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Instead of having two gametypes always at the top, I think it should be in a random order. (e.g. Stockpile will be at the top in one game, but in another game, covy slayer will be at the top and stockpile will be the third one)

Firvagor
05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
To summarize some things related to Grab Bag voting, including repeats:

-No vote until you place it, maybe even have it set to a (hidden?) "random" option by default

-Gametypes should be in a random order, not with CTF/Stockpile always at the top, which ends up as the default vote.

-A tie should result in a random choice, not always the uppermost option (again, usually CTF/Stockpile). A revote between the two probably isn't worth it.

I do agree that it's way better than Halo 3's method, so it's an excellent start.

A Juicy Zebra
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
i hate the voting. it votes for you on the top one whick is always 1 flag CTF or stockpile. all the noobs dont know how to vote

Gothikaspawn
05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I just always play with 4 people, so that's 4 votes for the thing you want, and come launch with loads more maps and modes it wont be a problem anyway

ggrozny
05-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I wish people would stop making pointless posts complaining about this beta.

It's a BETA and therefore may not be representable of the final product. Things people don't like will change, there will not be this many glitches or bugs. Don't worry, once the actual game is released you can complain about it to your hearts content! ;)

How will these things just magically change if no one complains about it? This is a BETA, you talk like it is a DEMO..

bblcreator8790
05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
How will these things just magically change if no one complains about it? This is a BETA, you talk like it is a DEMO..

I agree, I wish people who said not to complain about a beta would STFU. Without criticism how would the final release get better?

I'm with Stewie on this one. The voting system needs to be revamped. The first option gets picked about 90-95% of the time. I played about 10 games yesterday and the first option was picked in 9 out of 10. At least with vetoing games got vetoed more often. The two solutions that I believe have been mentioned that I think would fix it are:

1. Remove a default option, i.e., don't have any option automatically voted on at the start. Force people to actually cast a vote. If they don't care then let those who do decide.

2. Randomize the order of the selections. Don't have the same retarded gametypes first all of the time. This will vary things more because my guess is that most people don't bother to vote anyway.

CHiLLiONS
05-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Hah yea, i got banned from matchmaking for quitting too many matches. Obviously bungie didn't forsee the amount of corny assholes who would vote for the same stupid gametypes over and over and over, wait, maybe they did....they made it......... I refuse to play gametypes i dont think are fun anyway so if they unban me ill keep quitting matches i dont think are fun untill they fix the stupid voting/playlist bullshit

UCB Disco
05-13-2010, 06:32 AM
i hate the voting. it votes for you on the top one whick is always 1 flag CTF or stockpile. all the noobs dont know how to vote

I have a bit of news for you; No "noob" would want to waste their time buying Halo 3: ODST just to be able to download this beta and be a noob at it.

I'm pretty sure a mass majority of the people playing this beta have been exposed to more than 2 Halo games.

Firvagor
05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Hooray! With the beta update, stockpile/CTF aren't always the top choices in Grab Bag anymore! I actually managed to not play stockpile for a few games.

Superbad325
05-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Reach is now a democracy. Deal with it

Blue Thunder28
05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
This is definitely something that will work much better with the FULL game... when there's real variation in your voting choices since it wont be a BETA with 2 maps.

I refuse to play gametypes i dont think are fun

They want everyone to play everything to TEST the BETA.. it's not like a demo meant to get you pumped for the game. They now know what is fun and what isn't and it'll be adjusted for launch obviously.

bblcreator8790
05-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Reach is now a democracy. Deal with it

Dude I don't think anyone's upset about Reach being a "democracy". It's just that their "democracy could use a few minor changes. I like the voting system, it just needs to be fixed a little.

Masterbelg
05-15-2010, 06:53 PM
The votings system is a lot better than halo 3 so just be happy

bblcreator8790
05-15-2010, 08:30 PM
The votings system is a lot better than halo 3 so just be happy

But why not make it better if possible? That's why they're having the beta.

gerowniko
05-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree, it's always the same game type on the same map that is being chosen. I really hope they fix that in the final product.