PDA

View Full Version : The Last Airbender

MinginMate
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
did anyone else watch the animated series and see the trailer and get excited like me.

i think it looks good, any thoughts?

Tussell
05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
I never picked up the Manga, I played the Xbox game for about 10 seconds to retrieve 1000GS, and I watched maybe four episodes at most of the television series.

I must say though, after catching the trailer while seeing the midnight release of Iron Man 2 tonight, it looks pretty sick! I might actually have to go check it out.

The only thing I'm afraid of for the Avatar movie is that M Night Shyamalan is going to give it some ridiculous twist... It turns out it's just some young Asian kid who got lost in an Opium Den and has been smoking Opium with an alien who harvested his organs, however, he was so strung out on Opium, he remained alive and in a coma.

KFZ Scrubs
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I liked the animated series on Nick..... but when i looked at the trailer for the movie.... i felt nothing but disappointment.

MinginMate
05-07-2010, 11:16 AM
hmmmm. well i thought it looked good

big fan and i like movies like this im tired of the movies that come out nowadays

agentplatypus
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Looks fucking sick. Definitely going to see this.

Tussell
05-07-2010, 05:24 PM
big fan and i like movies like this im tired of the movies that come out nowadays
What, you mean 3D movies? :)

I mean, it's not like it's something brand new in terms of a movie... It's in 3D for Christ's sake! Reading that really pissed me off, besides the whole M. Night thing.

PointPlaceWI
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Never saw the show but if it turns out anything like that Dragon Ball movie or that Street Fighter movie or that...

Maxeh
05-08-2010, 11:50 PM
finished watching the series the other week, hoping the film isn't a let down, looks pretty damn good

SynysterChris
05-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Movie looks pretty good. I heard he is making the movie because his daughter likes the show. So lets hope she dosen't let him ruin the movie.

Starstrukk X360A
05-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I never got into the show, personally.
And just for kicks I'm going to refer to this movie as Avatar, because I think it should have been called that.

Stupid blue smurfycats.

Barad
05-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I didnt watch the shows either so dunno about the movie, too many others good movies coming out so think ill give this a miss.

kidy7k
05-09-2010, 12:04 PM
well since the movie is being produced by Nick it has to be impossible to screw up the story. i watched the anime and loved it i hope the movie doesn't turn out to be like dragonball evolution

Lisp
05-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I like the show; it has its moments. But I will not support anything Shyamalan does.

Starstrukk X360A
05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
well since the movie is being produced by Nick it has to be impossible to screw up the story. i watched the anime and loved it i hope the movie doesn't turn out to be like dragonball evolution

It's not an anime.

REDNAMRAHC v4
05-09-2010, 10:59 PM
it looks freaking awesome. i cant wait. i just hope they dont ruin it like dragonball

SynysterChris
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM

For the love of GOD please do not mention DragonBall Evolution, I will Go fucking HULK and break something.

You know that episode of South Park about the Indiana Jones movie, watching that movie make me feel deeply what they were trying to express that whole episode.

DevilMaster18
05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I never picked up the Manga

It's not manga, anime or comic. It's Animated cartoon. I know they all sound similar but they're not.

Also, i've nearly all the Avatar: TLAB but i didn't watch the final 2-4 episodes because i've completely forgot, but now you've reminded me i get the chance to finish it :P

Dragonball and Dragonball-Z is good anything beyond that is terrible, i hate the newer ones but that's just me.

Tussell
05-13-2010, 06:27 PM
It's not manga, anime or comic. It's Animated cartoon. I know they all sound similar but they're not.
I always thought the cartoon was based off a Manga. I mean, I know it's not now, but I definitely wasn't confused between the definitions of Comic, Anime, or Manga.

DevilMaster18
05-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I always thought the cartoon was based off a Manga. I mean, I know it's not now, but I definitely wasn't confused between the definitions of Comic, Anime, or Manga.

I'm not too sure if it's based off a manga, but i don't think it is. The producer said although a lot of people class it as anime, it is not his intention to make anime and although it may look like Japanese manga to anime, it's really just a simple western animated cartoon that has oriental storyline.

SynysterChris
05-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Dragonball and Dragonball-Z is good anything beyond that is terrible, i hate the newer ones but that's just me.

I know GT was terrible and evolution just put the icing on the cake. Though Evolution was far, far worse than GT.

narutofan32121
06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm very pumped! I saw most of the first season all those years ago when it first came out. I don't remember why, but I stopped watching it. However, I recently got Netflix and within the past week have seen the few episodes in Season 1 that I missed plus all of Seasons 2 & 3. I became interested in the movie when I first heard of it, but now that I've finished the series I'm mega-excited!

zly74
07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Yea me and my friend can't wait to go see it. I just hope we're not the only other upper teenagers there that aren't accompanying younger children.

Lethal Dame
07-01-2010, 05:31 AM
The show is one of my favorites... (my god I love Azula and Zuko)... and I am definitely excited to see this after viewing the most recent trailer. I fully expect some ridiculous antics from Sokka and Aang or I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Illution
07-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Worst.
Movie.
Ever.

Kairi
07-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Its more the reverse. The manga/comics are based off of the televison show. And yes- there are books, I bought the first one xD

This looks great! Hopefully the movie isnt ruined..

SynysterChris
07-02-2010, 03:12 AM
So I watched the movie last night And it was awful, complete garbage. I'm wondering if he even watched the show.

THF_Reborn
07-02-2010, 03:25 AM
I was guessing this would be garbage like his other films, from the looks of these reviews I was right, I'll rent or watch online then.

Silent Recruit
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I watched the first and second season. But lost track of episodes in the third. Im kinda disappointed at the cast, but its not keeping me from going to see it.

Hootinberg
07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
i wish this movie had lived up to the hype, it was a decent movie but fans of the series are not going to be happy with it

narutofan32121
07-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I just saw it today. I believe some of the acting could've been better but I loved the movie anyway. There are only like two or three things I would've changed had I made the movie, but like I said, I thought it was good.

KFZ Scrubs
07-04-2010, 11:57 PM
If you aren't familiar with the series... it's an alright movie... if you are.... do not watch this series..... it's horrible and almost dragonball like.

SynysterChris
07-05-2010, 09:21 AM
If you aren't familiar with the series... it's an alright movie... if you are.... do not watch this series..... it's horrible and almost dragonball like.

I agree they just took everything that made the show good, and threw it away. Even the end was like WTF that's it. And it ends with Aang looking like he's constipated.

Don't get me started on the Fire benders not being able to create fire. The movie just jumped from scene to scene with no development character or other wise. Aang's name was even wrong in the movie, so that was a huge mistake. Plus the special effects were not that great anyway to even save it. Micheal Bay should have written and directed at least there would have been shit blowing up, lol.

strykerzr350
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
i will not be seeing the last airbender cause after the happening i see where its going. deadly nurotoxins that avatar will have to bend M. Night Shyamalan is the only person that can film a summer breeze and try to make it scary. the happening shouldnt have happened.

b3nnyth3gr33k
07-08-2010, 02:59 PM
who thinks they'll make a game of the movie and have an easy 1000g like the other avatar film

As for the film i watched a few of the cartoons and they were ok i think the film will be ok

IncognitoXS
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Also, i've nearly all the Avatar: TLAB but i didn't watch the final 2-4 episodes because i've completely forgot, but now you've reminded me i get the chance to finish it :P

I consider anything that is animated and consecutive episodes leading into each other an "Anime" it does not need to come from Japan, and the "manga" mad from the series is actually called a "Manhwa" which in truth means Korean Manga, but is most noticeable for its Left-Right reading style (Like American books).

TVthePunisher
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
The only thing I hate (because I haven't seen the movie) is how ugly Aang or the Avatar (whatever his name is, I haven't watched the series and in no way am I insulting it) is. The actor looks like he's in a severe pout face the entire time, it's just...ugly, really...I want to rip his face off he's so disgusting.

jamie1000013
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Is this film out in the USA yet if not and you want to watch it PM me and I'll give you a link.