PDA

View Full Version : Tip for getting Gold in Super Breakout

TwistedEuclid
05-06-2010, 01:26 PM
OK, everyone might know this already, but it's worth posting it as the game is so rubbish you can barely control the paddle:

Playing in ranked mode, press Y before you press Start to access a different game with two paddles and two balls per serve. This makes it much easier to get the gold, especially if you can juggle them both at once, and sometimes randomly it gives you 3 points instead of 1 per block (and you'll be getting 5 when you're on the oranges anyway)

Obviously for the Survivalist one, just waggle the paddle around without hitting A to serve and you can last as long as you want (works on ranked)

Hope this helps you clear this crappy game :D

halfiepint
05-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks so much, I went from not even being able to get 10 points, to getting a silver medal.

It doesn't always work though. You have to press Y repeatedly as it's starting and sometimes it doesn't work and you have to exit and start again. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

Bonkekook
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
OK, everyone might know this already, but it's worth posting it as the game is so rubbish you can barely control the paddle:

Playing in ranked mode, press Y before you press Start to access a different game with two paddles and two balls per serve. This makes it much easier to get the gold, especially if you can juggle them both at once, and sometimes randomly it gives you 3 points instead of 1 per block (and you'll be getting 5 when you're on the oranges anyway)

Obviously for the Survivalist one, just waggle the paddle around without hitting A to serve and you can last as long as you want (works on ranked)

Hope this helps you clear this crappy game :D

Points aren't random. It's 1 point for each block in the first two rows.3 points for each in the next two. 5 the next two. 7 the next two, etc.

OMGLOL1111
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Points aren't random. It's 1 point for each block in the first two rows.3 points for each in the next two. 5 the next two. 7 the next two, etc.

thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering how the hell the scoring worked.

also to OP, thanks for the tip, gonna have to try it tonight!