PDA

View Full Version : Which charactor do you use Online?

Spawnus
05-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Simple enough question really which charactor do you use Online when not trying to get the C Rank on all charactors achievement.

For me it is Ibuki

I never thought much about her even when she was in Street Fighter 3 (was a big Ryu fan back then) and didn't think much about her being added fopr Super Street Fighter 4, but while playing with my friends in a endless battle game we both picked Random and Ibuki was my choice, somehow won the match with her and thought she was a fantastic little fighter, I use her alot now and am pretty good fighting with her.

jeffy x360a
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Blanka for me.

Genesis x360a
05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Im really new the SF scene only really playing it on SSFIV, So i play Ryu online as he's really easy to play and has lot of good defensive and offensive moves.

UK Dennis
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I am currently trying to use Guile, but I do mix it up with Bison and Juri.

It is really fun to play with Guile, I do a lot of jumping HK to low jabs and then a Sonic Boom if I'm lucky and can pull it off :p it is just satisfying when I do pull it off

Failed Mission
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Vega (Claw). He's the one who I stuck with since he became playable, and the only one I wished was playable prior to that. However, when I play my gf I've been banned from using him so I tend to use Guile or Bison, till she gets mad at my teleport spam lol.

Seany Show
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I generally use Ryu because I'm a noob but will sometimes venture into using Dhalsim or Sagat.

neubourn
05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Bison...my teleport strategy tends to throw people off, they cant seem to figure out how to deal with it most of the time.

BvH91
05-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Mained Ryu back in SF4. Now I'm tired of seeing and using him. I've been trying to main Balrog, Bison or Chun-li. Knowing myself I'm probably going to end up getting good with every character on the roster.

Deadly Moves
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
In SFIV it was Balrog.. But i never really liked using him. so i want to stay away from using him in SSFIV. I've been doing pretty well with Adon. I loved using him in the Alpha series. Ive been trying to use Cody aswell. but my Adon is alot better.

I just wish more people would stop using Ryu, Ken and Sagat to hide behind there fireballs and shoryukens and try some1 new. i get abit fed up with fighting against the same characters all the time.

Natetendo83
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Ken. Been using him since the beginning when I was kid playing Street Fighter 2

The Bum-Mobile
05-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Well I'm getting my copy tomorrow but I WILL master Hakan. He looks so silly...

Kaiyo
05-07-2010, 01:06 AM
I got my copy today and I recently started using Juri online.

AZNg0d104
05-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Balrog, Ryu, Juri, Dudley, and Sakura. In that order. Haha.

TheGlow
05-07-2010, 03:52 AM
Gief. and I dont lariat spam like the rest so be prepared to actually fight.

wyldsilence
05-07-2010, 04:58 AM
Dhalsim & Ryu, just starting out though

bs000
05-07-2010, 05:30 AM
I'm a flowchart Ken

Spawnus
05-07-2010, 08:23 AM

He is SUCH a Fun charactor!

Balpro
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm new to street fighter. But currently I'm using Ibuki, I think she just has style. I just have to learn more combos with her but I will have plenty of training with my friends.

CutmanMike
05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Bison. I can actually pull off his new ultra without accidentally teleporting around like a douche now too, so I've used him full time and haven't looked back yet :drunk

MattyHustedUk
05-07-2010, 03:23 PM
mostly sagat sometimes use Balrog or bison

Skode
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Dudley - hes the man

AcidGlowx81
05-07-2010, 06:08 PM
My main is gouken, second list is Gief, Thawk and Bison. Then the last set of characters I rotate around are Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Rufus, Deejay, Cody, Ibuki, Dudley, Guile, Vega.

iBeatStuffUp
05-08-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm a flowchart Ken

God, this picture gets me every time.

http://blamethelag.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/ken.jpg

D.A.N.
05-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Chun-Li has been my main in all the Street Fighter games. I use her the most but I also use Bison and I'm learning Rose.

kdogground2
05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Vega. Been using him since 2. Used him in 4 and still use him when ever I am not working on the everyone C Rank.

UK Dennis
05-08-2010, 12:23 PM

http://blamethelag.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/ken.jpg

Hilarious haha, it's so true for a lot of Ken players :p

TheGlow
05-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Good luck. I tried maining him, and as of now, he has too many flaws that no one has patched up yet.
No move faster than 4 frames so if an Abel keeps jabbing, kick dashing in, you cant do a damn thing.
No crossover. Weak anti air

bs000
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM

My Ken is so S-rank

So S rank

BuySomethingWillYa
05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Historically, I've always been a Ken player... ever since the old-school SFII: The World Warrior days. However, I've discovered that I prefer Ryu's move-set since SF4. Lately I've been training with Akuma though.

On the more adventurous side, I've been practicing with Dudley, Adon, and Juri.

UK Dennis
05-08-2010, 03:55 PM
My Ken is so S-rank

So S rank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc&playnext_from=TL&videos=cb-HCSvrQ_I)

Thatts probably the best song I have ever heard :p
loving all these people ripping into Ken players haha

knightdedede
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Cody all the way. Once I master him, I'll be moving on to Sakura.

MAxiMoZ
05-09-2010, 06:46 PM
T.Hawk of course because i always played with em .

And is his attacks are awsome

Gilganomics
05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
SF II: Ryu (because the hadouken was the 1st special I learned how to do) and E. Honda (because the best anwser to a cheap Edmond is a cheaper Edmond)

HD Remix: Ken (though I got numerous ranked wins with all characters before realizing that the achievement for doing so was glitched...grrrrr).

SF IV: Sagat ('cause once I got good at pulling off a shoryuken, I wanted to do it all the time...with kick buttons), Balrog, Gouken, Abel, Dan, and Dhalsim (because Ryu, Ken, and Sagat were too popular, so I wanted to do something different).

SSF IV: Ryu (most BP), Hakan (even when people know his moveset, I still manage to get them with this fool), Sagat, Dudley, Adon, Ibuki (never got to enjoy 3rd Strike or play much Alpha, so I'm loving the new guys)

I know people hate seeing the fireball crew all the time (I do too), but Ryu works so well for me, the fact that people still stand over me without blocking, sit at the other side of the screen when they don't have projectiles, and forget that I can do tatsumakis in the air is not my fault. I don't sit back and spam hadoukens all day, but there's a time for everything.

iBeatStuffUp
05-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I've used Ryu since I started playing simply because he was the easiest to learn. There's nothing more simple than him, and I can't be bothered to go learn someone else. Why change a winning formula? Granted, I'm pretty shit at this game (like... 50% win percentage wtf), but at the end of the day, if I'm getting wins, I'm happy.

UK Dennis
05-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I've used Ryu since I started playing simply because he was the easiest to learn. There's nothing more simple than him, and I can't be bothered to go learn someone else. Why change a winning formula? Granted, I'm pretty shit at this game (like... 50% win percentage wtf), but at the end of the day, if I'm getting wins, I'm happy.

Okay, my win percentage is terrible, since i too am crap at this game :p lets just say i got the 100 matches played achievement before my 30 wins. ( i got them a few games apart though)
50% isnt that bad. If you are taking it straight from the player stats within the game anyway.
I think that a win percentage over 50% means you have more wins that losses. Can anyone confirm this?

Deadly Moves
05-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Bcos its boring.
There are many other fighters that are easy to learn. but picking Ryu or ken is just plain lazy IMO

Spawnus
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Bcos its boring.
There are many other fighters that are easy to learn. but picking Ryu or ken is just plain lazy IMO

Totally agree, I personally use to love using Akuma but after trying Ibuki at random she has totally become my Main Fighter on SSF4.

iBeatStuffUp
05-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll agree that it's boring if I'm playing my friends and whatnot, but if I'm going into a ranked match, I want to win, and my best shot is going to be using Ryu. Whenever I use another character, I feel like I'm not working up to my potential. But hey, if I'm not trying to win, I'll pick random.

Gilganomics
05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Bcos its boring.

No less boring than the jaguar tooths, neck breaks, machine gun blows, shikususens, hayates, criminal uppers, rekka punches, change of directions, lariats, sumo headbuts, spiral arrows, phsycho crushers, flying barcelonas, or sonic booms everyone else can do. Everything's boring if it's used repeatedly by 800,000 people with no skill.

Besides, I see Juri, Cody, and Ibuki (who spam the same moves over and over) more than anything else right now, whereas I've seen Ken and Ryu combined less than 5 times over 100+ matches ('cause people block rising DPs now), so if nobody's going to throw a DPM+FP with high priority, why shouldn't it be me?

BvH91
05-10-2010, 04:18 PM
No less boring than the jaguar tooths, neck breaks, machine gun blows, shikususens, hayates, criminal uppers, rekka punches, change of directions, lariats, sumo headbuts, spiral arrows, phsycho crushers, flying barcelonas, or sonic booms everyone else can do. Everything's boring if it's used repeatedly by 800,000 people with no skill.

Besides, I see Juri, Cody, and Ibuki (who spam the same moves over and over) more than anything else right now, whereas I've seen Ken and Ryu combined less than 5 times over 100+ matches ('cause people block rising DPs now), so if nobody's going to throw a DPM+FP with high priority, why shouldn't it be me?

This. Somewhat. I passed on from hating shotos to hating turtles. That's where I am now.

Crimson Death
05-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I think the Ibuki neckbreaker spamming is the most annoying move in the game. It seems to cancel out my moves no matter what, and it's all 90% of Ibuki fighters (I've played) do.

Gilganomics
05-10-2010, 05:07 PM
This. Somewhat. I passed on from hating shotos to hating turtles. That's where I am now.

I'd say that's my biggest beef (or fish) right now. Focus attacks are cool, but some matches against Balrog and Guile have me wishing this game had a critical finsh on hand...

Don't get the 1st part of your response, are you suggesting I should be fearing you if I role with a shotokan character? (which is highly plausible).

I just hit C rank with Ryu last night, trying to figure out who I should use next, might be Ibuki.

FeLizP
05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Post #28 FTW

BvH91
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Don't get the 1st part of your response, are you suggesting I should be fearing you if I role with a shotokan character? (which is highly plausible).

Most people who start playing (S)SFIV are hating shotos for their infinite shoryuken spamming. When you learn to punish those you stop hating them and start hating turtles. Turtling isn't character specific so that's why I don't hate shotos anymore and went on to hating turtles. It's somewhat of a natural progression to go from hating shotos to hating turtles.

Gilganomics
05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Most people who start playing (S)SFIV are hating shotos for their infinite shoryuken spamming. When you learn to punish those you stop hating them and start hating turtles. Turtling isn't character specific so that's why I don't hate shotos anymore and went on to hating turtles. It's somewhat of a natural progression to go from hating shotos to hating turtles.

I meant "This. Somewhat.", but I agree with you, there's no real punishment for just sitting in the corner with DB. Ryu's collar bone breaker is too slow in this game, was faster in HD remix (but then, so was everything else).

That's what I meant when I said this game needs a critical finish, or BlazBlue's gaurd libra (which is more reasonable) for punishing excessive blocking and keeping fights intense.

Cacky
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Juri and Ibuki are my mains. I tend to lean towards Ibuki, though, because I think she's an interesting character.

BvH91
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I meant "This. Somewhat."

Quoting + "this." = Agreeing.

By adding somewhat I more or less agreed with what you were saying.

Bombstriker
05-12-2010, 05:12 AM
I truly suck at the game lmao but I roll with T. Hawk! He is a giant of a dude!

The Irish Wall
05-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Personally I like to use Balrog.

Not many others that I have seen seem to use him, and I find his special moves to be easy to pull off.

Also, he's so powerful that I don't have to connect too many times to knock someone out. Handy when you kinda suck like I do!

[/URL][URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/The+Irish+Wall"]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/The+Irish+Wall.png (http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/The+Irish+Wall.png)

Tapion
05-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Chun-Li has been my main since Street Fighter II. I use her every now and than in SSF4.. but been liking Juri. Also use: Cammy, Adon, Sagat, Ken, Ryu, Blanka, Balrog, Dan. Mostly at least, but will try out everyone, don't care if win or lose, only for fun. But if anyone wants can add me and can play a few matches sometime. :woop::Bounce:

Kaiyo
05-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Personally I like to use Balrog.

Not many others that I have seen seem to use him, and I find his special moves to be easy to pull off.

Also, he's so powerful that I don't have to connect too many times to knock someone out. Handy when you kinda suck like I do!

I don't like Balrog much when theres a beast called Dudley out there.
I rarely use Balrog though.

Kinky Buns
05-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I've been thinking about using Rufus, only got the game like 3 days ago though. I find his moves easy.

SUBJECT BK201
05-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Cody, Dhalsim, Chun Li, Rose, Juri, Abel, Balrog, Guy and Cammy. Though the first 4 who are who you would see me using in ranked the most. I can use the shotos/gief and many others, i just avoid them because they are kind of "seen it all before" type characters. They've been around for more or less 20 years now, if you bought SSFIV just to hang back with Ryu/Ken and throw fireballs all day when theres now 30+ characters to pick from then your kind of wasting your time really.

StumblesMcGee
05-14-2010, 06:09 PM
So far, Ken & Cody. I use Ken mostly, as he's where I'm most comfortable. I'm more of a casual player when it comes to fighting games, Street Fighter in particular, so I'll take what I can get when it comes to wins in ranked matches.

Kaiyo
05-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I mainly use Dudley, Juri, Gouken and Akuma/Gouki.
Mainly Dudley though.

SUBJECT BK201
05-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I meant "This. Somewhat.", but I agree with you, there's no real punishment for just sitting in the corner with DB. Ryu's collar bone breaker is too slow in this game, was faster in HD remix (but then, so was everything else).

That's what I meant when I said this game needs a critical finish, or BlazBlue's gaurd libra (which is more reasonable) for punishing excessive blocking and keeping fights intense.

ST/HDR were too quick a game to consider turtling for exponential lengths of time, what they should have brought back in SSIV is the Guard Meter.
Theres too many characters in SFIV/SSFIV that get away with doing next to NOTHING to win and at the moment this is still the same thing that goes through my head with every boring ranked match that passes by. The worst part about this is that many of the newer characters playstyles suffer in the long run because the simplest solution is to wait them out. I feel so sorry for Makoto in this game, shes one of the most proactive characters yet she cant actually engage an enemy correctly.

A guard system akin to King of Fighters 98/'02 or even the meter from Capcom vs SNK 2 would do perfect here. This game would be mashup if it had the guard system of Alpha 3 thats for sure lol.

SoulOfTira
05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
I love Abel, he is my main. :)
Secondaries are Viper and Cody
and Tertiaries are Rufus, Ibuki, Sakura and maybe Cammy

Dennoman
05-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Good old Balrog is my main man! He has the most BP and I get the best results with him. Just recently beat a 4500 BP, 1700-ish BP Ken with him. Eat fist, Village People cowboy! Other characters I've been mostly using:

- Makoto (love it when people say she's shit until they get rocked by her awesome j.HP in air and some nice Hayate links)
- Dudley (trying to get better with him, need to get more familiar with the dashes to get closer for the target combos)
- Cody (awesome second ultra, period)
- Hakan (didn't appreciate him before, but I noticed he can dish out a ton of punishment if used correctly... also, I like his slide/splash combo for those 1 round 30 seconds pussies as it takes a while before the combo finishes)
- Dan!!! (I love taunting and running, got a couple of nice random messages from it too, guess you just can't be angry at good ol' Dan :p)

Gilganomics
05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
ST/HDR were too quick a game to consider turtling for exponential lengths of time, what they should have brought back in SSIV is the Guard Meter.
Theres too many characters in SFIV/SSFIV that get away with doing next to NOTHING to win and at the moment this is still the same thing that goes through my head with every boring ranked match that passes by. The worst part about this is that many of the newer characters playstyles suffer in the long run because the simplest solution is to wait them out. I feel so sorry for Makoto in this game, shes one of the most proactive characters yet she cant actually engage an enemy correctly.

A guard system akin to King of Fighters 98/'02 or even the meter from Capcom vs SNK 2 would do perfect here. This game would be mashup if it had the guard system of Alpha 3 thats for sure lol.

Exactly. That's why I mentioned Blazblue's gaurd libra, it's younger than those other systems, but pretty similair. Trying to improve my focus attack game for situations like this.

I'm starting to like Makoto...

Spawnus
05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
LOVING Cody atm, him and Guy are really fun to play as now.

Big Guino
05-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Ryu and Dudley at the moment.

SnlpEr ls NaStY
05-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Ryu and Juri <3

Big Guino
05-21-2010, 10:36 AM

I hate turtle players. Such a sad and boring fight.

SinisterTarheel
05-21-2010, 06:16 PM
I use Akuma

WaKK0r
05-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Vega
C.Viper
Blanka
Ken

Distanc3
05-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Gotta be Blanka...if he had a projectile he would be UNBEATABLE...

Face it ladies arguing on here is pointless...seriously...most characters in this game have some move you can SPAM OVER AND OVER in order to get the cheap win...Ryu and Ryu LIKE characters use to be the "CHEAP" characters to use...however I would have to say Ibuki or however you spell her name is going for the gold in the cheap category...I use Blanka as stated above...and here roll grab can grab me while I am rolling trough the air or even shocking...but then again even a sneeze in Blanka's general direction will cancel his EX roll...don't get me started...It's like the game designers said OK we are going to make a special type of move that takes 1/4 of your super bar to give you an ODD frame of invincibility...then in the second game they said you know what would make this whole system better...if Blanka wasn't apart of it...no no...any charge character...because we all know that having to charge their moves for 2 seconds makes them godly in compairison to cheap spamers whos inputs are 236 FP(HP) the game is fun to play with friends and stuff...and I have had great times on it...but Capcom needs to find a way to pull their own heads out of their own asses and get this game down...

BottledChi
05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
MAKOTO/RYUUUU FTW...makoto is scawwy..

BottledChi
05-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Gotta be Blanka...if he had a projectile he would be UNBEATABLE...

Face it ladies arguing on here is pointless...seriously...most characters in this game have some move you can SPAM OVER AND OVER in order to get the cheap win...Ryu and Ryu LIKE characters use to be the "CHEAP" characters to use...however I would have to say Ibuki or however you spell her name is going for the gold in the cheap category...I use Blanka as stated above...and here roll grab can grab me while I am rolling trough the air or even shocking...but then again even a sneeze in Blanka's general direction will cancel his EX roll...don't get me started...It's like the game designers said OK we are going to make a special type of move that takes 1/4 of your super bar to give you an ODD frame of invincibility...then in the second game they said you know what would make this whole system better...if Blanka wasn't apart of it...no no...any charge character...because we all know that having to charge their moves for 2 seconds makes them godly in compairison to cheap spamers whos inputs are 236 FP(HP) the game is fun to play with friends and stuff...and I have had great times on it...but Capcom needs to find a way to pull their own heads out of their own asses and get this game down...

...but..tatsumaki doesnt stop EX roll...and its pretty hard to grab a Blanka out of roll MUCH harder out of shock..just admit it. Blanka. Is. Cheap...well generally speaking, good Blanka players are quite impressive.. Usually they arent good tho.

Quarian
09-24-2011, 10:27 PM
I have three characters I usually play as. I first started playing with Juri. I love her. She's great, than I started and still currently playing as Ryu. I'll occasionally play a match with Cammy cause she's a fun character. I Have a C+ rank with Juri a C rank with Ryu and a D+ rank with Cammy.

CoregBlue1
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Ibuki

the mix-up tornado.

Captain Planet
11-08-2011, 05:50 AM
I like Cody, Goken, and Deejay. I'm pretty good with Ryu too but I don't play with him as much.

capcomkid
12-16-2011, 06:51 AM
It is all about Blanka and Guile. I have been playing them for what like 20 years, why stop now?

SantanaClaus89
12-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Blanka all day

xXInphinityXx
12-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Well i use Juri i can mix her combos up easily and shes awesome :woop:

xI WARFARE
03-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Cammy and occasionally Adon. I don't win much. Everyone that plays nowadays is ridiculously good. Wtf am I supposed to do...

SAMPA1
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I love Sagat! I have a thing for "Tigers"... :D

KakaLeite22
04-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Ryu Ken Cammy Fei Long Yang Akuma

Not one main chars...

rafa1000house
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I use Balrog (the boxer) a lot,

its easier when u learn his combos!

xI WARFARE
05-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Vega is the boss :D

Nobody can predict him, managed to get Vega to below Rank 1000 in a few days :)

shadedsanity124
06-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Ken
Vega
Dudley
Guile

norules
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
I love using Cody :)

norules
06-25-2012, 07:46 PM
And my GF love using Juri she's her favorite

R34L91
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Ryu, since the original SF4! I am a Daigo fanboy too ;)

Ultra Octopus
07-11-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm Currently Trying to Use Oni, But I Do Like Using Hakan

Last Shaman
08-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Ken, Yun, & Yang

Hyuzeni Pattasan
08-29-2012, 11:56 PM
I use Ryu, Ken, Akuma (Gouki), Sakura, Cammy, Zangief, and Cody.

Art of Seven
09-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Ranked: Cody, Guy(Not anymore), Ken, Adon, and Bison. Don't care about the C rank achievement.

Endless (95% of my time online is Endless) - I use everyone for fun sometimes, but mostly the above.

AdaWong
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I usually just go for random in ranked matches now, more fun that way. Before that it was strictly Cammy.