machII
03-31-2007, 04:49 PM
The cars i used to get this were:
F50 GT
Dodge carbon
Mclaren f1 LM
CC8S ( my personal most successful )
RUF supercar

Also the only way to do this is to stay at a constant speed and string every cone together, one error and your gonna have to retry, another thing is to try and pull an e-brake slide as much as possible whilst handling it through a gate, and remember to do a e-brake on the finish line for a slight boost.

Happy hunting! send me a XBL message or FR if you have anymore concerns on PGR3 :drunk ;)

angry
03-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Thx i will give that a ty as i found it near immposible to do some of the cone platinum challenges. :)

Aloriain
04-04-2007, 06:56 PM
If you are going Platinum then you definatly need to get some powerslides inbetween cones. If it is gold that you are going for then you can probably just get away with one combo for the whole race.

Gold Rush NL
04-05-2007, 02:35 PM
It's funny to see everyone who is saying it is extremly difficult. IMO it was very very easy but i played PGR2. And I am playing with about 10 one of the best PGR3 gamers in the world.

avengerRPM
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah, this game was pretty easy, but the cone challenges make for the most fun. i loved finally getting through a platinum cone challenge and knowing i was one step closer!

machII
04-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Thx i will give that a ty as i found it near immposible to do some of the cone platinum challenges. :)
If you are going Platinum then you definatly need to get some powerslides inbetween cones. If it is gold that you are going for then you can probably just get away with one combo for the whole race.
It's funny to see everyone who is saying it is extremly difficult. IMO it was very very easy but i played PGR2. And I am playing with about 10 one of the best PGR3 gamers in the world.
yeah, this game was pretty easy, but the cone challenges make for the most fun. i loved finally getting through a platinum cone challenge and knowing i was one step closer!

Yeah, firstly no problem, secondly you obviously need powerslides between cones to boost your combo and multiplier and yeah this game was quite easy but at times doing cone challenges made me nearly have to run outside to get my controller back from throwing it through the window...and lastly yeah i played all three of the PGR series and found this one the best :p

Saluki 00
03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
The first entry in this thread is spot on. I got Gold in all of the cone challenges and I've since gone back and gotten 3 Platinum. Working on the rest, but know I will get them all in time. 5 to go. You MUST string the combo all the way to the finish line... you can NOT get a "WASTED" at any time, or you lost the multiplier.

Bottom line, combo till the end, and you only really need to do something "fancy" in the sharp corners, or anywhere the gates are far apart that you would lose your combo. Be fast, string every gate together, hit nothing, slide in the sharp corners, and you're Platinum.

Number of Kudos required doesn't change from E to A Class. What's important then is a car w/ ACCELERATION. You absolutely MUST be quick from one cone to the next to maintain the combo. I've used the Ultima GTR for all, but only because I haven't gotten the RUF Supercar yet at rank 1.

kalvaza
03-16-2009, 01:13 AM

How modest! ;)

For me it was getting the right car that I felt comfortable with. I opted for the Radical and suddenly the cone challenges were a breeze. Well, once I had an idea of where the cones were - I was frustrated that the cones don't show up very clearly.