PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2

Tussell
05-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Was there seriously not a thread for this?! I'm sorry if I overlooked it, I really hope I did because that means that no one cared enough! :p

Anyways, I just got back from the midnight showing of Iron Man 2 and I have to say, it was spectacular!

It really excites me that I pretty much got even with the whole 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' sucking so bad, because I got into this for free.

It was bizarre seeing Don Cheadle as I knew it would be, but it was overall a fantastic film. Mickey Rourke is a total pimp. There were a few annoying things here and there but overall absolutely awesome.

I definitely recommend it to everyone!

A ZombieTwinkie
05-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm excited for this one. Was going to hit the midnight showing, but I didn't get off of work will about 12.30. But, I'm going to it for sure this Saturday after my girlfriend gets off of work. My roommate saw it at midnight and said it was fantastic.

Nozza XBA
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I thought it was a great film! My mate said there wasnt enught action but I thought there just the right amount to not overkill the film..

Some bits (final fight) were short and boring, so I wish they cuold of been better but over a nice film.

RDJ is just a legend imo! and I love all the little hints they put in for future movies..

Did you guys watch until the end of the credits? If you didn't DO SO!

Tussell
05-07-2010, 08:13 AM
I thought it was a great film! My mate said there wasnt enught action but I thought there just the right amount to not overkill the film..

Some bits (final fight) were short and boring, so I wish they cuold of been better but over a nice film.

RDJ is just a legend imo! and I love all the little hints they put in for future movies..

Did you guys watch until the end of the credits?
Yeah I stayed until the end.

I definitely agree some things could easily have been extended.

Nozza XBA
05-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah I stayed until the end.

I definitely agree some things could easily have been extended.

I never watched after the credits on the first one but my mate made me this time.. I was like com'on there isnt going to be anything worth it blah blah etc etc.. And then it had that 20sec clip.. =O.. cant wait now!

Yeh the boss fight could of been longer etc and they could of cut down the chance scene a bit so they could of added more but hey, what ya gonna do?!

B1GM13
05-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I Loved it... the avenger hints were fucking brilliant!

Warning - Spolier Pictures Below - seriously scroll past my post if you dont want Iron Man 2 Spoilers!!!

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//avenger-initiative-report-525x210.jpg

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//11112L-525x210.jpg

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//11109L-525x210.jpg

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//11110L-525x210.jpg

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//11108L-525x210.jpg

http://www.thefanboyseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Mjollnir-Thor-movie-image-hammer.jpg

Tussell
05-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow, that's some pretty deep investigating. I'm referring to the spoiler pictures by the way. I figured quoting them was a bad idea as I want to keep spoilers to a minimum. Very excited for the future.

B1GM13
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow, that's some pretty deep investigating. I'm referring to the spoiler pictures by the way. I figured quoting them was a bad idea as I want to keep spoilers to a minimum. Very excited for the future.

few more pictures below from Hulk & Iron Man1.... so not to worry about spoilers but...

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/hulk-may11-1.jpg
The photo above is significant because it’s our first look at the super serum that will be (or was) used to create the superhero known as Captain America. Apparently in the film, William Hurt’s General Thunderbolt Ross tells Tim Roth’s Emil Blonsky about a weapons program initiated during World War II to create a “super soldier” before giving him the injection.

picture below is Iron Man 1... on the work bench bottom left... Captain America's shield. not picked out and obvious as in Iron Man 2... but still cool none the less.
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/capamericashieldironman.jpg

loving all the easter eggs... here's hoping Thor & Captain America throw some into their films too :)

Nozza XBA
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
WOW!

I obviously noticed the files/hammer etc but the panels.. thats crazy stuff. Makes me want to just go watch the film or buy the DVD just to see that bit lol..

Right near the end as well lol

BTH, is that Capt A's sheild? Caus I said to my mate its was and he said no it has more stars? I thought it was a upgraded version or something but I'm pretty sure it is.

KFZ Scrubs
05-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Man.... i love how they're building up the avenger movie..... so awesome. I swear, this movie has to be epic.... just hast too

Nozza XBA
05-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Man.... i love how they're building up the avenger movie..... so awesome. I swear, this movie has to be epic.... just hast too

It will deffinitly be jam packed.. I think they just have to try and not make it to over crowded etc but I think it will be a funny film as RDJ bring some comedy to the table..

I can see it now.. Banner turning into the Hulk and starts smashing stuff up and Ironman just laying back looking impressed with the carnage he's causing lol.. Then turning to Capt A and saying "I want one!".

agentplatypus
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Yea it was pretty fucking good. Scarlett Johansson is so fucking fine.

psychofox
05-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Very good movie.
Did any one see the re-editied version of the Incredible Hulk?
Its aparantly got a scene (at the begining i think) where banner is walking through the snow (i think after Hulking out), you can see the out line of Cap A and his shield in a snow bank.

Also, IM2, when Stark is walking through the prison to Whiplash, you see a someone in another cell getting their picture taken, is that who I think it is?

B1GM13
05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Very good movie.
Its aparantly got a scene (at the begining i think) where banner is walking through the snow (i think after Hulking out), you can see the out line of Cap A and his shield in a snow bank.

Also, IM2, when Stark is walking through the prison to Whiplash, you see a someone in another cell getting their picture taken, is that who I think it is? http://media.comicmix.com/media/2008/10/13/captain-america-hulk-screencap.jpg

also as for Iron Man 2, depends who you think it is?!?!

psychofox
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Thats it.
So would this imply there are two shield? or is Starks one a prototype?

A certain Donald Blake?

B1GM13
05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Thats it.
So would this imply there are two shield? or is Starks one a prototype?

A certain Donald Blake?

hard to say what shield it is in Starks garage. cool none the less.

nope not him. have you seen the film yet? and the extra scene after the credits? dont want to throw spoilers out.

psychofox
05-07-2010, 01:53 PM
hard to say what shield it is in Starks garage. cool none the less.

nope not him. have you seen the film yet? and the extra scene after the credits? dont want to throw spoilers out.

I have, last Friday. Saw the scene after the credit too. Must say, that was a "WOW!!!!!" moment. Its difficult to talk about this without spoiling things for anyone who hasnt seen the movie.
From what I have read about the rest of the Marvel franchise, it is a possibility it could be Blake. But as it is the internet, it could be wrong.

Tussell
05-07-2010, 05:23 PM
BTH, is that Capt A's sheild? Caus I said to my mate its was and he said no it has more stars? I thought it was a upgraded version or something but I'm pretty sure it is.
Well my friend, your mates wrong! :)

Nozza XBA
05-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Well my friend, your mates wrong! :)

I KNEW IT!

and he's right here in front of me so 2 sec..

done! lol

I thought it was caus he though Capt A shield was Wooden (Just told me).. I lol'ed in his face as he watches x amount more movies like this than me and comics... I'm dissapointed in him..

sixgun91
05-07-2010, 08:50 PM
saw this last night at the midnight showing. I liked it quite a bit. Tho not as much as the first. They try to stuff too many characters into it and not enough development of those characters. Alot of people were dissing on the party sequence but i thought it was good comedic piece that kinda showed what a self destructive ass tony can be. The only thing that kinda ticked me off was rhodes just hops in the suit and with out any training is just like "fuck it LEROYYYYY JENKINS!"

over all, iron man 1 5/5 iron man 2 4.6/5

CodSteaks
05-07-2010, 09:30 PM
The only thing that kinda ticked me off was rhodes just hops in the suit and with out any training is just like "fuck it LEROYYYYY JENKINS!"

:biglaugh nice reference! :biglaugh

i'm really looking forward to seeing this. iron man 1 definitely ranks among my favorite comic book movies. i also like the fact they're building up the marvel universe for future things.

question: are thor and the cap getting their own movies? i remember somebody posted a thread with the thor picture, but i kind of assumed thor might not have the box office draw that a full avengers movie would have.

Deyankees1
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I got tix for tomorrow and Tuesday and Thursday all IMax :) ohhhh tooo many friends want to see it and as a Iron Man Cackhugger I couldn't resist. Too bad I had to miss the midnight release stupid 7 am class!!!

But I'm glad its getting good attention CANT F'N WAIT!!!

josherpillage
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Very good movie.

Also, IM2, when Stark is walking through the prison to Whiplash, you see a someone in another cell getting their picture taken, is that who I think it is?

yeah, thats him in the cell all right

Barad
05-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I Just got home from seeing this aswell..man I loved it, it was really awesome. I liked it waaay more than the first tbh but the reviews say different :/ Great movie though.

rvlution
05-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Dang, I want to see this. Hopefully my schedule clears up since I just finished my AP class.

Schism
05-08-2010, 01:06 AM
few more pictures below from Hulk & Iron Man1.... so not to worry about spoilers but...

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/hulk-may11-1.jpg
The photo above is significant because it’s our first look at the super serum that will be (or was) used to create the superhero known as Captain America. Apparently in the film, William Hurt’s General Thunderbolt Ross tells Tim Roth’s Emil Blonsky about a weapons program initiated during World War II to create a “super soldier” before giving him the injection.

picture below is Iron Man 1... on the work bench bottom left... Captain America's shield. not picked out and obvious as in Iron Man 2... but still cool none the less.
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/capamericashieldironman.jpg

loving all the easter eggs... here's hoping Thor & Captain America throw some into their films too :)

that one thing that confused me about The Hulk...what happens to that guy?
the scientist...because he gets some of the serum on his head and his head starts growing and moving...but they dont explain >______<
the Thor reference was tight.

DOOKH8R
05-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I seriously love Pepper Potts

xSeifer13x
05-08-2010, 06:21 AM
that one thing that confused me about The Hulk...what happens to that guy?
the scientist...because he gets some of the serum on his head and his head starts growing and moving...but they dont explain >______<
the Thor reference was tight.

The character your referring to, Samuel Sterns, will eventually become the "Leader", a villain in the Hulk universe.

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_hulk_leader_09.jpg

What you saw in the film was possible foreshadowing in-case they did indeed go ahead with another film.

The Leader, like Banner, was transformed by the same radiation that transformed Bruce, but instead of making him a "hulking monster" it turned him into a sort of brainiac. They tried saying in the comics it was because of a subconscious desire to be really smart. Oh, and he also becomes green too.

http://gamerscircle.org/ebay/FEB084168.jpg

[Edit]

I got so caught up in explaining the Hulk situation, I forgot why I was really here.

I found Iron Man 2 to be incredibly awesome. Even though I found the first film to be a bit fresher and more enjoyable, I still won't count the second out. As far as comic films go, Iron Man is the best in my opinion. As far as comic sequels go, Iron Man 2 is the best, also in my opinion.

I'm a long-time Iron Man/Tony Stark fan and these films excite me like a 12-year-old boy after seeing breast for his first time.

I loved all the tie-ins and how Rhodes actually got into the suit. It was actually cooler in my opinion then it was in the comics. The references to the other upcoming movies were equally as exciting, and the ending after the credits got a complete, "WTF!" from the crowd. I then had to educate them as we left the theater. I'm sure most of them will Google it when they get home. Damn kids don't know anything these days do they?

laundryman
05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Well it was already sold out for the entire weekend where I live, so I might be seeing it later next week or next weekend. Good to hear that everyone likes it.

Snowman
05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Iron Man 2 was pretty epic. I went to see it at the Palms where I had no idea Stan Lee HIMSELF would be coming in to receive his own Star there! Then before the movie started, he greeted us and I got to be right in front of him!!! It was probably one of my best experiences at the movies EVER! The film itself wasn't too bad either, there's a lot of speculation that the guy that gets his picture taken in the jail cell is Hawkeye, but I'm not too sure about that.

Tussell
05-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Well it was already sold out for the entire weekend where I live, so I might be seeing it later next week or next weekend. Good to hear that everyone likes it.
Man, that's pretty crazy, didn't seem that important by me.

ovoon7
05-09-2010, 06:51 AM
I thought it was awful, with horrible script and awful writing... did we all see the same movie?

Gamerdude5448
05-09-2010, 07:13 AM
This movie was pretty good. But there were so many mistakes I found! Over 6 on the first watch. Still a good movie.

Barad
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
That car racing scene was EPIC as!

LolMunnchy
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I know this was all set in the future and all, but did anyone else think that him building a haddron collider coil in his basement was a little farfetched?

SCIENCE!

kidy7k
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
^ well stark is a genius lol

jspike
05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Great movie maybe not as good as the first but still definitely worth seeing. I have to disagree with those saying they packed in too many characters just seems like theyre setting up for some huge super hero movies. Avengers and Thor should be sick if they both get made.

Lisp
05-09-2010, 05:06 PM
As much as I like RDJ, this was not an exceptional movie by any standard.

laundryman
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Man, that's pretty crazy, didn't seem that important by me.

Yeah. I didn't check myself but I was talking to a buddy of mine and he said all of the shows were sold out. It's strange because I knew everyone liked Iron Man, but I didn't think everyone was dying to see it.

Tussell
05-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah. I didn't check myself but I was talking to a buddy of mine and he said all of the shows were sold out. It's strange because I knew everyone liked Iron Man, but I didn't think everyone was dying to see it.
Well, I mean I guess mine was a bit busy. They had to open additional rooms to show the movie. Nothing as crazy as The Dark Knight though.

GhostFalcon3
05-09-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah i saw this about a week ago, I wa pretty damn impressed they managed to build on the first one and not ruin it completley.

speed gun
05-09-2010, 07:09 PM
film maybe good but the games so far werent so good ill try iron man 2 game but gonna rent film later

Tussell
05-09-2010, 07:11 PM
film maybe good but the games so far werent so good ill try iron man 2 game but gonna rent film later
Throughout the broken English presented before me, it seems as though you're somewhat surprised that the games weren't good. You're also saying that you're going to get your hands on the game before the movie... WHY?! The game, no doubt, is terrible, however, the movie is awesome!

Volzagia
05-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Saw it yesterday, Awesome film Whiplash was awesome too.

ShadowAssassin26
05-09-2010, 11:23 PM
yeah i saw this about a week ago, I wa pretty damn impressed they managed to build on the first one and not ruin it completley.

Yea that was my fear also, having done such a good job on the first one, if they were going to be able to do a decent job on this one, and they defiently did. I liked the movie as a whole, but yes, seeing Don Cheadle as War machine was alittle weird, although he did manage to do a decent job....and who could forget :AngelScarlett Johansson:bow: :ass lol. Even managed to play black widow quite well

elephantd
05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Anyone else think Nick Fury should have been white? and Black Widow to have a sexy Russian accent? Alright movie, I'm really pumped for Thor and Cpt. though.

B1GM13
05-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Anyone else think Nick Fury should have been white? and Black Widow to have a sexy Russian accent? Alright movie, I'm really pumped for Thor and Cpt. though.

but they've done Nick Fury from the Ultimates universe.

in one of the graphic novels they discuss which hollywood star would play them in a film, and Nick Fury says 'Samuel L Jackson would play me'

spot on.

they based Fury in the ultimates on Jacksons apperence.

psychofox
05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
but they've done Nick Fury from the Ultimates universe.

in one of the graphic novels they discuss which hollywood star would play them in a film, and Nick Fury says 'Samuel L Jackson would play me'

spot on.

they based Fury in the ultimates on Jacksons apperence.

I thought Sam played a very good Fury. Definatly not someone you want to piss off.

xSeifer13x
05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Anyone else think Nick Fury should have been white and Black Widow should have had a sexy Russian accent? Alright movie, I'm really pumped for Thor and Captain America though.

The Nick Fury character Samuel L. Jackson is playing in the films is the "Ultimate" version of himself. Sometime back in 2000 the artist over at Marvel thought Jackson had a good look and asked if they could use his likeness for the character in which he agreed. So that's a no brainier.

As for Black Widow, this is one of the most commonly asked questions that has a perfect answer. Black Widow is a Russian-super spy, everyone knows this. Now what sort of spy would you be if you were working for the enemy with an accent from your home country? The women knows over a dozen languages and English is going to be one of the most important ones to cover. Thus if she wasn't able to portray a believable English accent she'd be shitty spy.

You also have to remember that these characters in the films are the interpretations of the comic persona's and thus don't have to have every single quirk the 2D versions have.

I thought it was awful, with horrible script and awful writing... did we all see the same movie?

Yup, I'm sure we saw the same movie. I thought it was pretty awesome.

I'm curious though, why do you feel it had bad writing?

Yontnaem
05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Saw this about a week ago in IMAX and thought it was amazing. My only issue was that the last battle was way too short and should of been extended more.

xSeifer13x
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
It may have been short, but look at all that had happened prior to that battle.

[Spoiler Alert!]

You've got this crazy long-ass ariel battle and chaos happening in the streets. Mar Machine and drones chasing Iron Man down. They land in the garden followed by drones. They take the drones out and prepare for Whiplash. They take him down as a team and then Tony has to fly out and save Pepper.

I think it was just enough to make the ending exciting and not to over-drawn in any certain area.

Deyankees1
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
This Movie was Awesome!!!!

Really enjoyed it, still would have liked if Terrence Howard stayed as Rhodes but Don Cheadle didn't do a bad job. Cant wait to get my hands on the BluRay.

dakisbac
05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
What a great movie. Me and a couple friends caught it opening night at 10pm.

I went in with low expectations having read a bad review earlier that day. All I can say is that whoever wrote that review is an idiot. As most people will probably agree, yes it wasn't as good as Iron Man 1. But Scarlett Johansson makes up for it.

xSeifer13x
05-11-2010, 01:33 AM
This Movie was Awesome!!!!

Really enjoyed it, still would have liked if Terrence Howard stayed as Rhodes but Don Cheadle didn't do a bad job. Cant wait to get my hands on the BluRay.

I've been a Terrence Howard fan for quite some time now. However, after hearing what went down during the filming of the first film I'm sorta glad he didn't come back. He claims it wasn't due to money even though in the first film he demanded the highest salary out of all the actors, including the main character.

What a great movie. Me and a couple friends caught it opening night at 10pm.

I went in with low expectations having read a bad review earlier that day. All I can say is that whoever wrote that review is an idiot. As most people will probably agree, yes it wasn't as good as Iron Man 1. But Scarlett Johansson makes up for it.

I always tell people that It's not as good as the first one because the first one was fresh and new at the time. Now we know what to expect and a lot of things we thought cool as hell the first time, we've already seen so we sorta loose some of the "WOW" factor. As far as sequels to comic films go, it's fucking top notch.

a random cat
05-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Saw the movie last Saturday. Best movie I have seen. It was hilarious when Tony Stark made fun of the Senator. A lot of humor in that movie, which obviously mad it better.

Tussell
05-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Saw the movie last Saturday. Best movie I have seen. It was hilarious when Tony Stark made fun of the Senator. A lot of humor in that movie, which obviously mad it better.
Yeah, I thought the the first one was great with humor, and I was impressed how much humor was thrown into this one.

KFZ Scrubs
05-11-2010, 05:00 AM
I don't know why, but i'm obsessed with the cameo appearances and new marvel movies coming out..... i can't wait. When they're all out i'm going on a marvel movie marathon....... just no spiderman though....

Tussell
05-11-2010, 05:03 AM
I don't know why, but i'm obsessed with the cameo appearances and new marvel movies coming out..... i can't wait. When they're all out i'm going on a marvel movie marathon....... just no spiderman though....
Spiderman is awesome. The first two films are phenomenal!

circus1776
05-11-2010, 05:07 AM
I freaking loved Iron Man 2, I just saw it today and it blew my mind. Tony Stark is a beast, hats off to Robert Downey Jr XD

KFZ Scrubs
05-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Spiderman is awesome. The first two films are phenomenal!
Hmm, maybe i need to rewatch them then.... because ever since i saw the third my mind has totally been turned off towards the entire franchise....

McGoogles
05-11-2010, 06:33 AM
I saw the movie last Saturday and it was marvelous. See what I did there?

(Spoilers below)

The only flaw that I picked out was when Pepper Pots was carrying Iron Man's suit in a briefcase-shaped form and she was sustaining it like it was 2 pounds. Then after he recieves it, he puts his feet into the slots and the suit builds on. Wouldn't you think that it'd way a little more than 2 lbs?

ever since i saw the third my mind has totally been turned off towards the entire franchise....

The third Spiderman movie was complete, utter shit. I agree with you in every possible way.

They went too "hollywood" with the movie and it got heaped up into one big pile of cheesy shit.

Venom could've been sick too.. :(

A ZombieTwinkie
05-11-2010, 06:44 AM

Could have. But Topher Grace didn't help any.

And I've still yet to see this movie. Really want to, but been too damned busy with work shit... Hopefully I'll be able to peep it this weekend.

psychofox
05-11-2010, 07:27 AM
The third Spiderman movie was complete, utter shit. I agree with you in every possible way.

They went too "hollywood" with the movie and it got heaped up into one big pile of cheesy shit.

Agreed, it was a battle between the director and film studio. Sam Raimi did not want Venom in it, it was a studio decision as its what the 'fans' wanted.
I'd like to see the rights for the movies revert back to Marvel/Disney/Paramount, and later down the line see some super hero link ups.

B1GM13
05-11-2010, 09:06 AM

it's awesome right.

i spent alot of time while watching Iron Man 2 looking out for Iron Man 2 easter eggs.

if you check my post on the first page (it's warned with spoilers) there are loads of screen shots of IM2 / Avengers easter eggs.

awesome!

KFZ Scrubs
05-11-2010, 04:43 PM
it's awesome right.

i spent alot of time while watching Iron Man 2 looking out for Iron Man 2 easter eggs.

if you check my post on the first page (it's warned with spoilers) there are loads of screen shots of IM2 / Avengers easter eggs.

awesome!
Yea, i've been really looking into it..... there was evidently a thor cameo in the new hulk movie that's hard to see..... but people insist it is there.....

B1GM13
05-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Yea, i've been really looking into it..... there was evidently a thor cameo in the new hulk movie that's hard to see..... but people insist it is there.....

was that the thunder and lightning scene?

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/thor-in-hulk.jpg

psychofox
05-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Ive seen that on a few sites, I cant see it in the pic, I guess I need to go back a watch that scene again.

B1GM13
05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Here's another Iron Man 2 Easter Egg... maybe reference to Union Jack!

If there's one thing Marvel Studios has become renown for, it's their penchant for inserting a plethora of comic book references into their films; known by fans as Easter eggs. In the recently released Iron Man 2, the filmmakers have kicked it up a notch. The major references were blatantly obvious: Captain America's shield, Thor's hammer and an Incredible Hulk news report. It takes a sharp-eyed moviegoer to spot the minor ones; including references to comic characters Black Panther and Namor the Sub-Mariner.

But there was one nod to fans that was shown so quickly, it was very easy to miss. During the Monaco Grad Prix race, Justin Hammer is being interviews by reporter Christine Everheart when they notice Tony Stark on the race track. While they watched Tony jump into the Stark Industries sponsored car, a brief announcement on the screen caught my eye. Take a look at this screencap and see if you notice it:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/11226L.JPG (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/11226L.JPG)

Did director Jon Favreau intentionally name the #2 slotted British race car driver 'Chapman'? If he did, it's undoubtedly referencing Joey Chapman, the third super spy to don the mantle of Union Jack. Coincidentally, Chapman operates in modern Marvel continuity and has worked alongside Tony Stark several times. Could this be an allusion that one of the World War II era Union Jacks (Montgomery and Brian Falsworth) may appear in next year's Captain America: The First Avenger movie? I'd like to think so.

psychofox
05-12-2010, 10:59 AM
If that is true, you have to give them props for the amount of detail they are doing. Is Union Jack in any way related to Captain Britian?

KFZ Scrubs
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
was that the thunder and lightning scene?

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/thor-in-hulk.jpg

Well, it's a vid i saw on youtube..... and i couldn't see it but he several other people claimed they've seen it.
YouTube- INCREDIBLE HULK: THOR CAMEO (NO BS!)
They said they saw thor falling to earth like in Cloverfield.

Tussell
05-13-2010, 02:48 AM
With some of the things, I swear people try too hard. It's probably me just not being able to see it, but at least to me, some of them seem a bit farfetched; much like real-life sightings, such as Aliens, Big Foot, Nessie, etc.

ApochWeiss
05-13-2010, 05:43 AM
DMF and I just got back from the Iron Man 2. We saw it in XD. EXTREME Definition!!! I didn't see much of a damned difference other then the screen was too small and you could see part off the film showing on the wall. Audio was good though. Fight scenes were awesome and I laughed a good amount of the time but...that's all...

WHAT THE FUCK DID WE JUST WATCH?! Ok, character building...building...building...building...tensio n...2 minute end battle scene...end...Haha we got your $22 and you can't get it back.

...........you sonova...

Seriously, what was so spectacular about this film? I ask you all? And don't say the fight scenes because they were all short and in my opinion sucked outside of the visuals.

And don't say I'm hatin' for any reason, I grew up in the Marvel Universe and while Iron Man is not my most favorite character I still followed it and I felt like I was stuck on the first 2/3rds of one issue of the series through this entire film.

Only thing I can see about this film that would get us Marvel nerds in a positive uproar would be the fact that this film acts as a prelude to the Avengers film.

Well, it's a vid i saw on youtube..... and i couldn't see it but he several other people claimed they've seen it.
YouTube- INCREDIBLE HULK: THOR CAMEO (NO BS!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD6qoOVS_sg)
They said they saw thor falling to earth like in Cloverfield.

...Or...maybe it's just the rock he throws cause, ya know...Hulk is strong and incredible? Just a thought... :D

Tussell
05-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Seriously, what was so spectacular about this film? I ask you all? And don't say the fight scenes because they were all short and in my opinion sucked outside of the visuals.
I had a lot of fun with it.

The characters were fun, sexy, funny and just awesome.
The dialogue was great, and had a lot of humor.
Scarlett Johansson
The special effects were awesome!
Whiplash is easily one of the best villains from the past decade of Marvel films.
The fight scenes were great. They may have been short, but they definitely got the point across.
Scarlett Johansson
And did I mention Scarlett Johansson?

I have to say though, the soundtrack was absolutely horrendous. AC/DC is shit. Also, the final fight was a bit too short.

ApochWeiss
05-13-2010, 05:55 AM
I had a lot of fun with it.

The characters were fun, sexy, funny and just awesome.
The dialogue was great, and had a lot of humor.
Scarlett Johansson
The special effects were awesome!
Whiplash is easily one of the best villains from the past decade of Marvel films.
The fight scenes were great. They may have been short, but they definitely got the point across.
Scarlett Johansson
And did I mention Scarlett Johansson?

I have to say though, the soundtrack was absolutely horrendous. AC/DC is shit. Also, the final fight was a bit too short.

Characters were meh and too scripted, not too realistic or believable.
Dialogue was funny and enjoyable, I agree.
Fuck Scarlett Johansson she has a giant johansson (haha)
Effects, I agree, kick ass.
Whiplash did not get enoughs creen time, was built up too much to fall in a 2 minute fight scene. BULLSHIT!
MORE fight scenes were needed. 2 hour film, 20 minutes MAYBE of fight scenes? Again, BULLSHIT!
I don't care if she's in the film, she was not naked, so I don't care :D
my god FUCK SCARLOTT JOHANSSON!

And what did we miss at the end of the credits? I didn't know that there was more at the end. I was too upset and just wanted out.

Tussell
05-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Characters were meh and too scripted, not too realistic or believable.
Dialogue was funny and enjoyable, I agree.
Fuck Scarlett Johansson she has a giant johansson (haha)
Effects, I agree, kick ass.
Whiplash did not get enoughs creen time, was built up too much to fall in a 2 minute fight scene. BULLSHIT!
MORE fight scenes were needed. 2 hour film, 20 minutes MAYBE of fight scenes? Again, BULLSHIT!
I don't care if she's in the film, she was not naked, so I don't care :D
my god FUCK SCARLOTT JOHANSSON!

And what did we miss at the end of the credits? I didn't know that there was more at the end. I was too upset and just wanted out.
SPOILER! DO NOT READ BEYOND THESE WORDS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM

After the credits, you're shown a man who looks over the site where Thor has landed, and they show the hammer.

And never, ever, ever, EVER say "Fuck Scarlett Johansson" or else I will send you an unlimited supply of 'middle-finger-cacti-pens'.

KFZ Scrubs
05-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm not going to lie.... Scarlett is hot.... her husband is equally as hot too.
:D
I didn't think the movie was as good as the first one, but it captured my attention and kept me entertained throughout the movie.... that's what i liked. Even though i knew the movie wasn't as good as the first or it's hype.... i still liked it.

Possible spoilers

Also, don't you guys feel like it follows the same equation?
Tony Starks faces a life threatening situation, finds a way to fix it, then faces an enemy who has some form of his suit.

SynysterChris
05-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Movie was pretty good, Just finished watching it, Got it on DVD already, got to love the internet.. Though it didn't have the ending which is a bummer because I wanted to see that.

It was pretty good though I would have like to see some more action. And ya like someone said the plot was kinda repetitive/similar to the last movie.

And ya Scarlett was super hot in this movie!!!