PDA

View Full Version : The Rock joining Diesel & Walker for Fast Five?

xSeifer13x
05-07-2010, 02:40 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WhxrVBL5nVU/SWTzOflLc4I/AAAAAAAAAUY/Kq7OvK9hcbo/s400/mt1132613999.jpg

So it seems "The Peoples Champ" himself is eying a staring role in the upcoming car epic directed by Justin Lin and written by Chris Morgan staring Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, TJ Hassan, Don Omar and Tego Calderon titled, Fast Five.

As of yet no official word has been given on what sort of role he's eying, but we can all hope it's some bad-ass lawman trying to track the fugitives down!

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/04/05/images/xlarge/FLO_3_ex5rock_NY681_0405.jpg
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in 2004's Walking Tall.

If all goes well and he does indeed get a role, maybe I can convince him to get me into the movie. That is since he lives right down the road from me and goes to the same 7-11 I shop at!

CodSteaks
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I can't believe they're up to 5 of those movies. I don't know if I've seen any past the first one.

xSeifer13x
05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I can't believe they're up to 5 of those movies. I don't know if I've seen any past the first one.

Well originally Vin did want to do a sequel to the original given the reception it had gotten and it was going to be planned as a 3-part trilogy. However, the studio wanted to make a sequel right away and Vin and Rob Cohen couldn't commit cause they were already working on xXx at the time. So naturally Vin backed out all together.

They did another sequel after 2 Fast 2 Furious in which was attempted as a restart for the series, but it didn't do to well. Vin even agreed to do a cameo to send the film off and people went nuts over seeing him in the movie.

After he had finished the films he had been working on he decided to return to the franchise and do one last movie with the original cast and some from the previous film. The director that did Tokyo Drift showed interest in directing and decided to tie them together.

When Fast & Furious came out it was a big hit and people say it was the best since the original. Naturally Vin and crew decided that maybe this time they could make their trilogy and from what I understand are shooting Fast Five and Fast and the Furious 6 back to back.

Being an avid car fan and fan of these actors I'm all for it. It doesn't hurt me if they suck and if they're good, I just have another movie to call one of my favorites.

502 Server Error

Iconoclast
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Nice! Can't say I'm a huge fan of Dwayne Johnson, but I'm definitely stoked for another Fast & Furious movie (although I can't say I really enjoyed the last one all too much)...I hope they tie in the story from Tokyo Drift, or at least bring back the characters from it or even the second one. Loved to see the tie-in to Tokyo Drift at the beginning of the 4th film, I always love when movies/games/books make those kinds of references :)

guillermo316
05-07-2010, 06:14 PM
one time they were shoing the fast to furios movies 1 and 2 in a row in Fx's, they didnt make sense. i hope they get a story line..

PointPlaceWI
05-07-2010, 07:38 PM
http://www.celebrityodor.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities/other/2009/august/fast_furious_hair_envy.jpg

That's about as good as those movies get.

b3nnyth3gr33k
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
yes, F&F films are some of my favourites of all time
cant wait its an odd name though fastfive sounds shite but hope its good:eek:

xSeifer13x
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I think it's going to be good. The stories aren't to confusing and the fourth film really started a new story.

speed gun
05-09-2010, 07:27 PM
ive seen all movies and they were good
just heard about this (if only we all had rock sopping at the same store as us)