PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary Slayer

Max Limitz
05-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Halo needs Mercenary Slayer i.e. random-teams-only matches. My game friends won't play with me, because I suck, but I would like to enjoy the game anyway.

When I play alone my team usually has some random members, but the opposite team consists of clan members who know how to play together. So, from one match to another I get owned again and again, and that spoils the fun. I would like to play against other bad players instead of only getting killed match after match by some super killers.

Sucky players should also have their own team modes (not only Free-for-All), which means Mercenary modes like in Call of Duty.

Atroxx70
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
When the game goes live, just stick to the social playlists. They tend to have less clans though you might run into the occasional 4-players-on-one-screen. Those guys usually aren't too good though. I know where you're coming from, I'm kind of in the same boat except it's not that my friends refuse to play with me, it's that we all play at different times, so I wind up playing by myself a lot.

There is also an option you can turn on to make the game try to match you up with players of equal skill, but I can't tell that it works right now. It is a pretty small beta right now though, so I expect it'll get better after official release when there's more people on.

Winning isn't everything, but it's still not fun to lose all the time right?

Max Limitz
05-11-2010, 07:34 AM
When the game goes live, just stick to the social playlists. They tend to have less clans though you might run into the occasional 4-players-on-one-screen. Those guys usually aren't too good though. I know where you're coming from, I'm kind of in the same boat except it's not that my friends refuse to play with me, it's that we all play at different times, so I wind up playing by myself a lot.

There is also an option you can turn on to make the game try to match you up with players of equal skill, but I can't tell that it works right now. It is a pretty small beta right now though, so I expect it'll get better after official release when there's more people on.

Winning isn't everything, but it's still not fun to lose all the time right?

Unfortunately Halo: Reach matchmaking doesn't work. I confront skilled clan players on the other team while my team sucks, because we don't work together. Every time I see a clan against me, after the match I need to go back to the lobby, because the clan never quits as long as it is winning. I would like to play several matches straight without leaving to the lobby wasting my time waiting for new teams.

I play well with random people in COD4 and MW2, and I would like to feel the same way in Halo games, but those clans are too much for me and I want to enjoy the game. Halo needs Mercenary!