PDA

View Full Version : so how long does a suspension last???

that505guy
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
so i was suspended on the 3rd for this
--->http://x360a.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226250
How long are these dumb suspensions normally... BTW i was following the CoC compleatly i read the whole thing over and over...
wow mad that i cant play REACh:(

well thanks in advance.

A ZombieTwinkie
05-07-2010, 06:39 PM
It depends. They should have sent you a notification on your xbox to tell you. They can go anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours to a week to permabanned. Have you turned on your xbox and read the notification they give you?

that505guy
05-07-2010, 06:51 PM
on the xbox it tells me that im suspended thats it.... then it disconnects me... i go and log into xbox i get a message that said im suspended... then i check my email and it sais im suspended... im like wtf... i dont know what to do cause ms is retarded..

BlackTitan666
05-07-2010, 07:59 PM
on the xbox it tells me that im suspended thats it.... then it disconnects me... i go and log into xbox i get a message that said im suspended... then i check my email and it sais im suspended... im like wtf... i dont know what to do cause ms is retarded.. they suspended for editing the content

gromitSWE
05-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Send them an e-mail and ask?

Genesis x360a
05-08-2010, 10:57 AM
on the xbox it tells me that im suspended thats it.... then it disconnects me... i go and log into xbox i get a message that said im suspended... then i check my email and it sais im suspended... im like wtf... i dont know what to do cause ms is retarded..

When you try to sign into live it will tell you a date when your suspention is over. It will says something along lines of, You have been suspended untill "Insert date" an email has been sent to your email adress blah blah blah. It will definitly tell you when your suspention ends 100%. Its impossible for it not to.

Tufty
05-08-2010, 11:03 AM
It depends, how many times did you edit your profile without removing that content from your Bio.

Say you put the restricted content in your bio, that's one infraction. Two days later you edit your name leaving the restricted content in your bio, that count as a second infraction.

Infection Ftw
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
And isn't Reach Beta and Halo 3 free to play online this weekend? So just make a silver account?

OMG is LorY InsiDe me
05-08-2010, 12:16 PM
2 o 3 weeks

Genesis x360a
05-08-2010, 12:41 PM
2 o 3 weeks

Depends on how times you've been suspended.

1st time: 24 hours.
2nd time: 48 - 72 hours.
3rd time: 1 - 2 weeks and after your 3rd time you just keep getting 2 week suspentions unless you get a Perma ban. I think its something along those lines.

xtye
05-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I looked at that thread, and saw it said "you just got" and there is no more words in it. It seems as if you removed that last word...

THe C H ii e F
05-08-2010, 06:36 PM
I thought it was

1st time-24 hours
2nd time-1 week
3rd time-1 month
4th time- permanent ban

Thats how i have been led to believe it :/

domn8rdom
05-08-2010, 07:53 PM
I looked at that thread, and saw it said "you just got" and there is no more words in it. It seems as if you removed that last word...

Ya I think he removed it so we can all say he got cheated but really it was justified in getting suspended

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Ya I think he removed it so we can all say he got cheated but really it was justified in getting suspended

it says you just got " slapped " but as a picture

EvilKingTuck
12-29-2010, 06:20 AM
I just read all your posts and you did answer my question,I stumbled on this by asking in a google bar.It said I was suspended until 12/29/10(2morrow),it happened in the middle of black ops at around 1:30 pm.I admit I got worried. I'll let you know when I get my privs back.

I want to point out:If it was over trash talking?then they should not just single me out:mad:Like I'm the only 1 that uses profanity.However I only Give it back and never start with anyone.If it was something in my bio?then the people at Xbox should separate the adult players from the miner players.I spend way to much money on my gaming just to have everything I worked for erased by single push of a button,we should be able to appeal these things or THEY should police it better.

DTH Brigade
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM
I just read all your posts and you did answer my question,I stumbled on this by asking in a google bar.It said I was suspended until 12/29/10(2morrow),it happened in the middle of black ops at around 1:30 pm.I admit I got worried. I'll let you know when I get my privs back.

I want to point out:If it was over trash talking?then they should not just single me out:mad:Like I'm the only 1 that uses profanity.However I only Give it back and never start with anyone.If it was something in my bio?then the people at Xbox should separate the adult players from the miner players.I spend way to much money on my gaming just to have everything I worked for erased by single push of a button,we should be able to appeal these things or THEY should police it better.

I was currently suspended for something on my bio; basically I got suspended for a week because I was putting all the gamertags of people who were blatantly using modded controllers OR that I said, "nothing more annoying than useless teammates." Well anyways, I went to the xbox.com forums to see why they deemed any of my bio inappropriate, which was suppose to last until January 4th 2011.

My suspension was on Monday the 27th of December, emailed the forums; with the attach e-mail of the reason why I got banned at 2300 (11pm). By Tuesday 2300 (11pm) my suspension was released. They just told me to not boast about owning modders or post any gamertags of players who were modding, "just report them," they said.

The whole cop out of the whole profanity thing is up to the user who is reporting you. It's like real life man IE; Sexual Harassment doesn't have to be done or said towards the person, they can just easily overhear you saying something derogatory and you could be in for a Sexual Harassment complaint.

EvilKingTuck
12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
I was currently suspended for something on my bio; basically I got suspended for a week because I was putting all the gamertags of people who were blatantly using modded controllers OR that I said, "nothing more annoying than useless teammates." Well anyways, I went to the xbox.com forums to see why they deemed any of my bio inappropriate, which was suppose to last until January 4th 2011.

My suspension was on Monday the 27th of December, emailed the forums; with the attach e-mail of the reason why I got banned at 2300 (11pm). By Tuesday 2300 (11pm) my suspension was released. They just told me to not boast about owning modders or post any gamertags of players who were modding, "just report them," they said.

The whole cop out of the whole profanity thing is up to the user who is reporting you. It's like real life man IE; Sexual Harassment doesn't have to be done or said towards the person, they can just easily overhear you saying something derogatory and you could be in for a Sexual Harassment complaint.

Your right,But its still dumb.If I complained about every player that told me to shut the ef up(they all say that)or said something about my mother(when they gang up)then I wouldn't have anyone one to play with.Not to mention all the offensive player emblems on CoD black ops,I.e Nazi flags,racial gamer tags like jewkiller or what have you,the clever way they can make sexual objects out of the symbols,Or the pics depicting bestiality.This system is so open for abuse that a player who got pwned on halo can complain and the motivation behind it was that he/she can't win.I get my butt handed to me alot because theres just really good players out there, but I eat humble pie with my defeat not avoid them and complain..Its just not being a good sportsmen.

EvilKingTuck
12-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Just got my privs back,it was over what I wrote in my Bio,It said code of conduct all over my bio when it let me sign back in.wheww!So happy I'm back in the game.

Your right, 24 hrs from the time they sanctioned it.

TakahashiDemon
12-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Bit stupid really being suspended for that kind of bio, I see people with worst ones than that and actually have seen some very offensive ones, you're probably best just to not have a bio while playing online a lot, some people can just report you out of dislike, or are very easily offended.

DTH Brigade
12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Bit stupid really being suspended for that kind of bio, I see people with worst ones than that and actually have seen some very offensive ones, you're probably best just to not have a bio while playing online a lot, some people can just report you out of dislike, or are very easily offended.

LOL Amen man; oh wait is that offensive to say Amen? LOL j/k... Hell yeah; after this false suspension that microsoft did humbly take back, you're better off just leaving it blank.

cptmorgemaker
12-30-2010, 02:23 AM
I was talking to one of my Cousin's friends on live and he reports people for having profile's like that or if like in Black Op's they have a profone tag or picture for there Rank. I freakedo ut on the kid cause he said they shouldn't have that when he is only 14 he shouldn't even be on the game. People got mad at you and just submitted u for BS stuff it sucks anymore.

Vanilla Coke Zero
12-30-2010, 02:48 AM
your bio was extremely fucking obnoxious, but i don't see a reason why they'd suspend over that. it's not like it was offensive, just incredibly annoying.

BiLLY13xX
12-30-2010, 03:38 AM
2-4 days, my brother got banned 4 days for bad language on his xbox profile name lol

WHYIHATEXBOX
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
:uzi:XBOX
SEE WHEN KIDS REPORT YOU FOR HAVING AN OFFENSIVE EMBLEM ON BLACK OPS OR SAYING BAD LANGUAGE ON MW2 WHY THE FUCK DO THEY SUSPEND YOU THE KIDS SHOULDNT EVEN BE PLAYING THE GAME ITS RATED M THERE ARE PEOPLE TRYING TO HACK AND MOD OUR GAMES AND THEY GET SHIT DONE TO THEM XBOX DOESNT EVEN LOOK IN TO IT IF ALOT OF PEOPLE REPORT YOU THEY JUST SUSPEND YOU

StayonTarget
06-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Does it say anywhere in the CoC that you can't have an obnoxious bio?

SEE WHEN KIDS REPORT YOU FOR HAVING AN OFFENSIVE EMBLEM ON BLACK OPS OR SAYING BAD LANGUAGE ON MW2 WHY THE FUCK DO THEY SUSPEND YOU THE KIDS SHOULDNT EVEN BE PLAYING THE GAME ITS RATED M THERE ARE PEOPLE TRYING TO HACK AND MOD OUR GAMES AND THEY GET SHIT DONE TO THEM XBOX DOESNT EVEN LOOK IN TO IT IF ALOT OF PEOPLE REPORT YOU THEY JUST SUSPEND YOU

Woah! Calm down troll.

OptimusPrime76
06-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Does it say anywhere in the CoC that you can't have an obnoxious bio?

Woah! Calm down troll.

Why's he trolling??? Personally I agree. I'm 34 years old and I don't want to game with anyone under 18 unless it's my nephews or someone I know. I wish M$ could seperate the kids from the adults.

I know video games are cool and the cod games are popular but tough shit kids, if your not 18 you shouldn't be gaming on adult games, stick to viva piņata and the Lego games until your old enough to shave and grow pubes!

dakisbac
06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
This thread is over a year old guys, so his suspension has been over for a long time now.

1. Don't post in a thread over a year old when the issue at hand has already been resolved.
2. Don't type in all caps. IT'S ANNOYING!

mjc0961
06-30-2011, 06:29 PM

They suspend you because it's against the code of conduct. Should kids be playing? If their parents think they can handle the game, that's their call. Probably a case of lazy parents most of the time though...

Anyway, point is: just because they're rated M doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, display whatever you want as an emblem, or do whatever you want in these games. It's not just for the sake of kids who are playing: plenty of adults don't want to see your BO penis emblem or hear you swearing or throwing around racial slurs at people either. And again, the code of conduct you agreed to says they don't have to.

BTW, two things:
1. Check post dates before you bump a thread next time.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/CheckMyVitals/Posting/keyboard4.jpg

A HornyGreenMan
07-01-2011, 03:40 AM
mine was for like a week luckily my ps3 held me over

Veedrock
07-01-2011, 04:04 AM
M rated just means that people under 17 can't purchase it; the rating does not mean they can't play it. Additionally games specifically say "Online Interation is not rated by the ESRB" so you can't fall back on a game's rating to defend stupid online behaviour.

Now to break this down in simple terms:
Being an "adult" does not give you the right to be a dumbass.
Playing an M rated game does not give you the right to be a dumbass.
Playing with other "adults" does not give you the right to be a dumbass.

I'm 20 and I report people that are obnoxious, curse excessively, and/or harass people. Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I have to be tolerant of stupid shit. If you've got beef, Xbox Live is the wrong place to bring it.

Stop blaming "kids" for your bans.

EDIT: Just realized mjc0961 already covered a lot of this :p Leaving this here anyways.

Thedarkone20
09-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Well. Question how long is the ban when it's just a payment issue?