PDA

View Full Version : Completionist of The Year

LicensedForwar
05-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I had the idea of adding 2 new leaderboards that would follow members who sign up for it there completion on retail and arcade games for a year.

Any game added to the 1000/200 clubs sign up from that year will be added to that members total.

At the end of the year the member who has gotten the most retail or arcade completions will be awarded the top completionist of that year for completing the most games from that year within that year.

Games from previous years will not count!

Hammer 5O2
05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh God, that would be a lot of work but its a decent idea. Levels the playing field every year...kinda.

LicensedForwar
05-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh God, that would be a lot of work but its a decent idea. Levels the playing field every year...kinda.

Well it can't happen this year so just over 6 and half months for the brains of this place if they so wish to implement it to figure it out. I had the idea of using the already in place 1000 clubs. So when a member who is signed up for the yearly completionist leaderboard finishes a game released in that year it can be added to his total for completion for games of that year.

At the end of the year the leaderboard is taken down and refreshed with one for the next year and the winning member is added to i suppose a hall of fame of some sort for winning members of each year.

Cable Player
05-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea - PM Minty or Webb with a link to this thread, and let them know your ideas!
They are administrators, I am pretty sure it is their job to handle things like this.

Aceman417
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM
It would sorta work but what about the people that have say 30 games 100%, but don't have 100 posts. Then when they get 100 posts they post them all and are suddenly up the top with 30 games...

Cable Player
05-08-2010, 07:51 AM
It would sorta work but what about the people that have say 30 games 100%, but don't have 100 posts. Then when they get 100 posts they post them all and are suddenly up the top with 30 games...

Well that could be solved easily by setting the guidelines- You have to have 100 posts. You 'sign up' at the beginning of the year and they record down your Gamerscore etc.
This way, at the end of the year they can calculate who has gained the most amount of :gsicon:

Wintallica
05-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah I Guess so

dakisbac
05-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Well that could be solved easily by setting the guidelines- You have to have 100 posts. You 'sign up' at the beginning of the year and they record down your Gamerscore etc.
This way, at the end of the year they can calculate who has gained the most amount of :gsicon:

Sounds like a GSL to me, which is subscriber only.

LicensedForwar
05-08-2010, 06:44 PM

Thought that was on another site.

drewmart
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea. It would be a lot of work for the admins though.

domn8rdom
05-08-2010, 07:33 PM

I agree. Sounds like the GSL with a twist. Games only from this year counting

Cable Player
05-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Thought that was on another site.

Nahh GSL is for subscribers ;)

But yer, this is esensially a Gamer Score Leauge, but with a twist, as domn8rdom said :)