PDA

View Full Version : playing alan wake NOW

xenobite
05-08-2010, 12:07 PM
WT. i got people in my friendslist playing alan wake right now !!!!?????

Kester
05-08-2010, 12:12 PM
so what? plenty of people even finished the game

xenobite
05-08-2010, 12:13 PM
so what? plenty of people even finished the game

am i wrong isnt it to come out 14the worldwide ??

Kester
05-08-2010, 12:15 PM
some ppl get it early, check the thread below, there are limited editions already shipped

crol
05-08-2010, 12:16 PM
thepiratebay ^_^

Ozbaab
05-08-2010, 01:42 PM
It's always like this.. With every game ever being released, there is always stores that starts early, even if they aren't allowed.

littlejay
05-08-2010, 04:20 PM
review copies went out pretty early too. its two weeks away and almost everyone has reviewed it. so yeah some people got it early

hemeaqui
05-08-2010, 06:01 PM
yeah im playing the game now... very nicely done.

the game gets leaked out early to reviewers and etc. like everyone else has been saying. somewhere along the line, someone rips the game and uploads it to the pirate sites.

what can i say? im a pirate! give me your booty!hahaha

StolenPaper18
05-08-2010, 06:14 PM

the game gets leaked out early to reviewers and etc. like everyone else has been saying. somewhere along the line, someone rips the game and uploads it to the pirate sites.

Um, LOL @ your fail...

Numzi
05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, I work at a GAME store. We have to ask our buyers who will contact the company behind the game and ask if it's okay for the staff to purchase it prior to the release date.

It's a pretty nice bonus as an employee ;D

ponypo2001
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM

What can I say? You're banned, have a nice day? Give it a couple more days tops.

osakamitsu
05-08-2010, 09:04 PM
yeah lots of people have it. I have had it for like 3 days. Too bad I have finals... I have only had time for like the first 30 mins of the game... and 1 cheevo. But from what I played I LOVED it.

NightTimeScene
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
yeah i need ot know what site to buy games before US ships them!

MrBoysen
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
What can I say? You're banned, have a nice day? Give it a couple more days tops.

I think he already is banned thats why he is playing it

ponypo2001
05-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I think he already is banned thats why he is playing it
I mean from 360a. It'll take longer for MS to nix his console but the mods are really good at banning blatant pirates on the site which is something I support 100%. As soon as one spots him bragging about being one, he'll be peg-legging it onto another forum with his bottle of rum in hand and parrot on shoulder. Aha me hearties. Me, I'll look forward to Thursday when I hope mine will pop through the letterbox. Nothing beats an original boxed game for me.

Numzi
05-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Well, I don't download any games, and never had.

I think it's fair the amount of money you pay when you think about how much entertainment you actually get. Think about when you to the cinema and watch a movie, yeah it's a bit cheaper, but you only get 2 hours of entertainment.
With a game like Alan Wake, there are at least 10 hours of entertainment if you want to discover everything in the game.

Plus, having the Limited Collectors edition really looks good on my shelf. To bad the soundtrack only features 10 songs :(

xI MrBubbles Ix
05-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Well, I don't download any games, and never had.

I think it's fair the amount of money you pay when you think about how much entertainment you actually get. Think about when you to the cinema and watch a movie, yeah it's a bit cheaper, but you only get 2 hours of entertainment.
With a game like Alan Wake, there are at least 10 hours of entertainment if you want to discover everything in the game.

Plus, having the Limited Collectors edition really looks good on my shelf. To bad the soundtrack only features 10 songs :(
Lol because mw2 was worth 40 ? Lol don't make me laugh.

MrBoysen
05-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I mean from 360a. It'll take longer for MS to nix his console but the mods are really good at banning blatant pirates on the site which is something I support 100%. As soon as one spots him bragging about being one, he'll be peg-legging it onto another forum with his bottle of rum in hand and parrot on shoulder. Aha me hearties. Me, I'll look forward to Thursday when I hope mine will pop through the letterbox. Nothing beats an original boxed game for me.

aha :P then I misunderstood you. I also look forward to thursday :)

Numzi
05-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Got a promotional version of this :)

Suki
05-09-2010, 11:33 AM

are u saying the most played game on the 360 is not worth 40, i actualy payed 25 for mine on release day and i have played it for around 48hrs in total so that works out at around 25pence per hour i think thats pretty damn good value for money. some games are not worth the asking price so leave it a month a pick it up for cheap or rent it if it can be completed in a few days. i too look forward to thursday although mine tend to land friday.

Suki
05-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Got a promotional version of this :)

So you have played a few games b4 they are out so is lost planet 2 and alan wake out where u live then in denmark??

Numzi
05-09-2010, 12:43 PM
So you have played a few games b4 they are out so is lost planet 2 and alan wake out where u live then in denmark??

Alan Wake has a release date the 14th of may. I think it's the same with Lost planet 2.

Damn Playa
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
It sucks that other people are getting it early. I understand that people've got it for the reviews and whatnot, but I really want this game.

Ozbaab
05-09-2010, 02:05 PM
It sucks that other people are getting it early. I understand that people've got it for the reviews and whatnot, but I really want this game.

Same here! :Bounce:

Suki
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Alan Wake has a release date the 14th of may. I think it's the same with Lost planet 2.

Yes it was a retorical question and my question was in case i didnt make it more blatant, if u are not playing copies how did u get both of these games so early?? i see from your profile u have played lost plant 2 as early as tuesday the 4 of may and the 5th for alan wake which coinsides to the day with the pirate copies hitting the net??

N3xus Gam3r
05-09-2010, 02:58 PM
this is Off-Topic: Numzi you coming from DK??? that is cool =D i live there too, and your the first 1 ive seen on the forums...
how did you get Alan Wake, gamereactor? Gamers Lounge?? from where?

Numzi
05-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes it was a retorical question and my question was in case i didnt make it more blatant, if u are not playing copies how did u get both of these games so early?? i see from your profile u have played lost plant 2 as early as tuesday the 4 of may and the 5th for alan wake which coinsides to the day with the pirate copies hitting the net??

Oh sorry, I just figured you were one of those guys reading the entire topic to see if I had been giving an answer to this.

I will qoute from an earlier post:

Well, I work at a GAME store. We have to ask our buyers who will contact the company behind the game and ask if it's okay for the staff to purchase it prior to the release date.

It's a pretty nice bonus as an employee ;D

ajennice
05-10-2010, 12:21 AM

So he played on the 4th or 5th... If that was a date the title leaked to he net, then it was alo the date that someone had to upload it. For someone to upload it, they'd need a legit copy right?
So who's to say he doesn't have a legit copy?

Pearson
05-10-2010, 02:51 AM
It's just like when I was in Japan when the PSP released, I was able to get a PSP and a couple of games a day before it was launched. Some retailers don't care about breaking street dates, even if there are serious penalties for doing so.

Ozbaab
05-10-2010, 06:24 AM
What kind of penelties do stores get for breaking street dates?

And well, TBH, it's useless to argue with ppl and to start threads with similair topics to "7 days to release, my friends already playing!!! WTH!!!!"
There will always be pirates out there downloading and playing and creating topics to tese ppl

Numzi
05-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I will not try defending myself anymore. I've already explained how things work in my store and that we have to get permission to buy the games before the release.

Over and out

MILINKYO
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Just got my email, so should have it tomorrow ready for me to play on Thursday. Can't flipping wait!!! Only s couple of days early but I'm working all weekend so will at least get to play it for a bit

sadly on post today fingers crossed for tomorrow

eerfmai
05-11-2010, 12:48 PM
i install Alan Wake now :):)

SLAIFER
05-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Alan Wake is a must-buy for Xbox 360 fans

Music-My-Savior
05-13-2010, 10:58 PM
To be honest, I think its apparent most people playing it too soon before the 14th have it downloaded and not purchased. I don't know how it works, but if people get given copies to review and they don't have to return them, then you can expect that their friends will borrow and or kids play - which will probably account for some of the people playing it before release.

I got mine today, the 13th and thats because Game.co.uk always ships to get you it on-time for release which usually ends up with you receiving it a day early. I'm sorry, but I can't imagine many people getting away with having this released legally anywhere else and not before the 12/13th thats for sure. I have a friend who works for an indy video shop and he's buddy buddy with alot of gaming reps and trust me when I say that even with indy shops getting it early, you'll only see them with it a few days prior to release and that's it. His shop for example mostly gets stock in two days before release.

It's mostly down to pirating, you can guarantee that and it out-right sucks.

hannar__x
05-14-2010, 12:03 AM
In fairness, a friend of mine pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk a few months back and it got delivered yesterday. Amazon tend to do this a lot.

Ruble
05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I got mine today, the 13th and thats because Game.co.uk always ships to get you it on-time for release which usually ends up with you receiving it a day early. I'm sorry, but I can't imagine many people getting away with having this released legally anywhere else and not before the 12/13th thats for sure. I have a friend who works for an indy video shop and he's buddy buddy with alot of gaming reps and trust me when I say that even with indy shops getting it early, you'll only see them with it a few days prior to release and that's it. His shop for example mostly gets stock in two days before release.

Same here. GAME are pretty good with pre-orders. They send the games out early to ensure you get them on time, but 99% of the time, you get it the day before it comes out. My friend and I pre-ordered the limited edition, from them and we both got it this (Thursday) morning.

The limited edition is awesome, but it takes up a huge amount of space on my shelf @_@