PDA

View Full Version : Boob Tube!?!?

xxMaceXxx
05-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know how to get it?
I thought maybe i had to watch all tv-shows till the end or the one where u are at the talkshow but no cheevo so far ...

Hoaxs
05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I've got it but i don't know how i got it. My profile glitched when on a USB stick and wouldn't show when achievements were unlocked. I put it on the official MU and then the ones that i'd unlocked that hadn't pop'd loaded up.

I think you have to see a certain advert. Not 100% which one though.

xxMaceXxx
05-08-2010, 05:07 PM
when did u notice that u already got it?

Kester
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
are you sure u found all the tvs?
mine unlocked right after the last one in the apartment

Hoaxs
05-08-2010, 05:24 PM
When they loaded they loaded in order of how they unlocked. So im guessing it was on chapter 3 i unlocked it.

xI MrBubbles Ix
05-08-2010, 05:30 PM
It can't be for watchin all tv'sas there is a seperate acheivement for watching them all.

Vile Denial
05-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I believe it's in the first part of Episode 4 - The Truth (Cauldron Lake Lodge).

<Spoiler>

When you're escaping from the lodge (when the darkness arrives), you'll come to a room with a TV on the wall. When you turn it on, you'll see an advert. Achievement should pop.

*Edit*
After you turn on the generator light and uncover the door, you'll have to run through 2 siderooms and use a flare to proceed. It's the room straight after this:

http://imgur.com/yVt83.jpg (http://imgur.com/yVt83.jpg)

</Spoiler>

goothgone
05-08-2010, 05:51 PM
^ yeah its there the ads are 2010mustangdrift & verizon

Hoaxs
05-08-2010, 05:53 PM
^ yeah its there the ads are 2010mustangdrift & verizon

Good work confirming.

xxMaceXxx
05-08-2010, 06:10 PM
thanks a lot ... +rep :)

LemonDrops288
05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I believe it's in the first part of Episode 4 - The Truth (Cauldron Lake Lodge).

<Spoiler>

When you're escaping from the lodge (when the darkness arrives), you'll come to a room with a TV on the wall. When you turn it on, you'll see an advert. Achievement should pop.

The room is on the corner of an L shape, if memory serves me right. I'll try get a more specific location.

</Spoiler>
Yeah..this is how I got it..BTW this is an awesome game.

VladimirK
05-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Good to see you found it, but rather than make a new thread for it.

Did this achievement piss anyone else off?
The one bloody thing I hate when I'm really focused in a fictional game, (or movie for that matter), both actually playing and to the story is f-ing advertisements for real life junk.

Obviously in something like Prototype you don't notice so much, but when it's a game where it grabs your attention so much and can pull you right in, you go activate one of the TVs and suddenly shit for real life can throw you a little.
(Hell, they even added an achievement for activating it, if I had known it was adverts I would have not got the 5G and still be completely focused on the game).

Silent_Murder92
05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
*Kinda spoiler in chapter 3*

i got it from watching the tv just before you have to use the big ball thingy to smash out of the mental home (:

Quickdraw
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Good to see you found it, but rather than make a new thread for it.

Did this achievement piss anyone else off?
The one bloody thing I hate when I'm really focused in a fictional game, (or movie for that matter), both actually playing and to the story is f-ing advertisements for real life junk.

Obviously in something like Prototype you don't notice so much, but when it's a game where it grabs your attention so much and can pull you right in, you go activate one of the TVs and suddenly shit for real life can throw you a little.
(Hell, they even added an achievement for activating it, if I had known it was adverts I would have not got the 5G and still be completely focused on the game).

hmm advertising in rl isnt such a huge deal, some extra income for afew plastering of stuff isnt bad, its all about the money!. adverts or none i would have done it anyway i missed one on my first playthrough i got it on the 2nd however