PDA

View Full Version : Major File Corruption Issue

Metallic Fury
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I haven't seen anything on this yet and thought I'd post an inquiry. After completing a play through of a game I had three achievements unlock - the ones for 30 medals, 10 time spender medals, and 10 medals of each type - as well as Game Room starting to save all at the same time. Apparently this caused my 360 to freeze up and I had to turn the system off. I rebooted and the achievements were all still unlocked; however, upon restarting Game Room a message came up saying the medals and settings file was corrupt and I had to create a new file to continue. Doing this all my stats were at what they were before completion of the game, so apparently all my stuff did get saved to the servers. But now if I earn a time spender medal, probably because it was the medal that netted me the three achievements, the game freezes again and I have to shut off my system and go through it all over again, making getting any more of that type of medal impossible. I have cleared the system cache, recovered my gamertag, and even went so far as to delete all things Game Room and redownloading them. After redownloading I started up Game Room and was surprised to see my arcade still in tact, as well as all my stats; so apparently all the arcade stuff is still saved in the servers. Unfortunately the corruption must also be saved there as I still have the same problem of a time spender medal freezing it up. I hope no one else has had this problem, but if so I'd like to hear some things you've tried that I may not have thought of. Also, if anyone has any ideas about how this problem could be fixed, if it even can be, I would greatly appreciate it.

linktriforce007
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I haven't seen anything on this yet and thought I'd post an inquiry. After completing a play through of a game I had three achievements unlock - the ones for 30 medals, 10 time spender medals, and 10 medals of each type - as well as Game Room starting to save all at the same time. Apparently this caused my 360 to freeze up and I had to turn the system off. I rebooted and the achievements were all still unlocked; however, upon restarting Game Room a message came up saying the medals and settings file was corrupt and I had to create a new file to continue. Doing this all my stats were at what they were before completion of the game, so apparently all my stuff did get saved to the servers. But now if I earn a time spender medal, probably because it was the medal that netted me the three achievements, the game freezes again and I have to shut off my system and go through it all over again, making getting any more of that type of medal impossible. I have cleared the system cache, recovered my gamertag, and even went so far as to delete all things Game Room and redownloading them. After redownloading I started up Game Room and was surprised to see my arcade still in tact, as well as all my stats; so apparently all the arcade stuff is still saved in the servers. Unfortunately the corruption must also be saved there as I still have the same problem of a time spender medal freezing it up. I hope no one else has had this problem, but if so I'd like to hear some things you've tried that I may not have thought of. Also, if anyone has any ideas about how this problem could be fixed, if it even can be, I would greatly appreciate it.

I bought the 7 titles, making my current title list 37; and had this similar problem. I contacted microsoft, and after being a pain in the bum, we managed to fix it. I don't know if it was a problem with them, but I'd say calling them would be your best bet.

Metallic Fury
05-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll probably give them a call Monday as Saturday nights aren't exactly the best for that, I've tried before.

Gottle
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I had the exact problem 1 minute ago. I earned "Time Crazy", heard the typical "Blip" of the achievement, but the system freezed. Upon restarted, game room gently informed me that everything was lost. Now every time i earn a time spender medal the game freeze.

Can you please tell me how did you fixed it? I've called xbox, and a foreign operator tried to register my xbox...I don't want to give to MS my street address, name, surname and thelephone number just to have my cache cleared, i want that they fix this problem.

DollarBill04
07-10-2010, 04:09 PM
damn, i hope this doesnt happen to me.