PDA

View Full Version : do you cheat?

thieflordgamer
03-11-2006, 04:16 AM
i was wondering what ur guys thoughts on "cheating" r. first ill say what limits I go to for cheating:

for offline play cheats, i always go through a game first before using cheats. personally, invincible, skip level, etc. cheats really make the game not fun at all. after i beat the game, and there r fun cheats to do i will go through at least a few levels and do them(such as the graphics engine cheat in half-life 2 or the unlimited rocket launcher in RE4, which isnt really a cheat, but it serves the same purpose). if there is a ridiculously hard achievement that theres a glitch for, i will do it, as long as it doesnt cheat anybody else.

i never cheat or mod online. i hate the idea of cheating ppl and whatnot, i guess cuz when i do stuff thats bad i always think about what if i was in their shoes. i would never use an actual hack that exceeds what even the developers meant for the game to do, such as exceeding the possible gamerscore or modding in halo 2. the closest thing 2 cheating that i do online is playing with my friends to get free wins for online achievements. i dont consider this cheating, cuz i dont think i should be expected to get the achievements the "fair" way if the multiplayer isnt really all that fun. in my mind, thats the developers fault.

so theres my cheating philosophy.

SpideR NY
03-11-2006, 04:22 AM
Only game I remember cheating on in the past few years was GTA's. Used to beat a game first then Game Genie the shit outta it back in the day. CANT STAND online cheaters/cheesers/glitchers.

g4m3r7ag
03-11-2006, 04:27 AM
yes GTA kicks ass with cheats, however if i get bored with a game i will cheat in it to finish it

thieflordgamer
03-11-2006, 04:28 AM
ya, i cheated a couple of the REALLY hard missions in starcraft and starcraft: brood wars.

graf1k
03-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Depends. If i get bored with a game sometimes I'll use cheats to liven it back up. Like after beating F.E.A.R. a couple times I went back and played it again with God Mode and all weapons and played the game all the way through using the remote mines.

Usually don't cheat to beat a game. If it's too difficult I either lower the difficulty level or just stop playing it if it gets hard to the point of annoyance.

KMB 316
03-11-2006, 12:48 PM
only game i cheated on was nba 2k6, just moving the sliders.

porker con
03-11-2006, 05:34 PM
yah not fun cheats are not fun to use.. lol

Helacool360
03-11-2006, 08:34 PM
yes GTA kicks ass with cheats, however if i get bored with a game i will cheat in it to finish it

i have to agree with this

Webb
03-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Only ever cheat on GTA for fun AFTER I completed it may I add. Never cheat to beat a game, defeats the whole object of buying a game IMHO.

Minty
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
dont cheat at games, and dont cheat full stop if the missis reads this:p

freekwonder
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I beat games fairly first. then cehat for fun. I did cheat to get achivements for THAW. Only because I fully beat the game on my XBOX and just wanted to beat it again quickly on the 360 to get my achievment points. and I NEVER cheat online.

k_dog
03-13-2006, 07:29 PM
For fun. It always adds flavor to a game. Never to win though...

-Brian

SpideR NY
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
You know what? I bet I can name a game we all cheated in to win. Contra ! :eek: u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,b,a. I know that I have gotten to stage 6 on this game with out the cheat but never beaten it. I think it would be possable, if you played it enough and memorized every jump / enemy etc.

k_dog
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,b,a.

Select, Start....;)

scoobydiesel
03-14-2006, 06:16 AM
i cheat in GTA when just playin around, but really cheat to beat something? no

Rickster2008
03-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Only cheating I remember doing was in battle field 2 on the original Xbox to get my rank higher. This was only because I was staying the same with all my friends then i went out of town and they passed me a lot. Not realizing this at the time, when they got a certain amount farther than I did I could not longer play with them. So I “cheated” for some of the medals to catch up. But once I did I started playing fair again. I would never mod or anything in halo tho.

Rickster2008
03-19-2006, 04:48 PM
o sorry and once in Midnight Club 2 just to go around and blow things up!

Psycence
03-19-2006, 06:09 PM
cheats hmmmm, i once used the cheats on TH: pro skater, just for the fun of it as the game was a piece of the proverbial piss

DaveWilma07
03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
I dont cheat, and I am quite proud of that fact :)

KillarPenguin
03-21-2006, 01:30 AM
GTA when I'm with my friends to see who can withstand the police the longest:uzi:

xDoSx VaNGuArD
03-28-2006, 02:59 PM
i'm sure everyones cheated at something...if you say you havent you're lieing
but nah i dont cheat online just some on single player

Webb
03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Not everyone feels the need to cheat, only those that get frustrated with not being able to do it with their limited ability OR those with no time to complete it properly and a real need to get achievement points/see the story progress.

I only ever cheat on the GTA series after I complete it 100% to have some more fun!!!!! :D