PDA

View Full Version : Bright Falls: The Prequel Thread

N3xus Gam3r
05-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Heey everybody

Just want to say that im posting the AMAZING prequel for Alan Wake, Bright Falls.

Bright Falls is an online series of live action shorts set in the fictitious Pacific Northwest town of Bright Falls, WA that provide an eerie prelude to the events that transpire before Alan Wakes arrival. The series, which is six episodes in length, introduces us to Jake Fischer, a newspaper reporter who, while visiting the town on business, encounters a series of mysterious and haunting experiences.

I am going to keep you updated with the lastes episodes
There are a total of 6 episodes, and the videos is uploaded from Machinima

Enjoy :)

YouTube- Bright Falls: The prequel to Alan Wake - Episode 1 - 'Oh Deer'
Episode 1: "Oh Deer"

YouTube- Bright Falls: The prequel to Alan Wake - Episode 2 - 'Time Flies'
Episode 2: "Time Flies"

YouTube- Bright Falls: The prequel to Alan Wake - Episode 3 - 'Lights Out'
Episode 3: "Lights Out"

YouTube- Bright Falls: The prequel to Alan Wake - Episode 4 - 'Local Flavor'
Episode 4: "Local Flavor"

YouTube- Bright Falls: The prequel to Alan Wake - Episode 5 - 'Off the Record'
Episode 5: "Off The Record"

YouTube- Bright Falls: The prequel to Alan Wake - Episode 6 - 'Clearcut'
Episode 6: "ClearCut"

Cable Player
05-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Holy crap. Ok, let me watch them all! LOL

Edit: This game looks as if it is going to be good. Ill pick it up in CeX for half the price in a few months though so im good ^^

N3xus Gam3r
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
hehe...

still looking for a site to find the LE for a cheap price :b

Cable Player
05-09-2010, 11:17 AM
LE?? whats that? lol /facepalm

Ill take a look at the vids later because i havent got my sound plugged in atm.
My mate is getting angry at COD4 atm lol

N3xus Gam3r
05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
My mate is getting angry at COD4 atm lol lolololololololollolololollololol Cable :'D

LE = Limited Edition xD

Cable Player
05-09-2010, 11:21 AM
oh for goodness sake. dUHHHH!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1750&pictureid=9728
even Gordon isnt amused ¬_¬

N3xus Gam3r
05-09-2010, 11:23 AM
haha... :D

Cable Player
05-09-2010, 11:24 AM
anyway, lets not take it off topic, its a good thread and i dont want to get it locked!
Ill have a look later and let you know how I think :)

N3xus Gam3r
05-09-2010, 11:33 AM
The episodes will be updated every week :)

Ozbaab
05-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I like em ALOT! :D

Damn Playa
05-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I love these things.

jgahagan
05-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Bright Falls is well produced and I'd love to keep watching these instead of playing Alan Wake. Even though I'm dying to play it!

They're very reminiscent of David Lynch's work though, which is why I probably like them so much. Can't wait for the rest!

Hawaiian
05-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I've found another Bright Falls video of director Phillip Van:

Bright Falls Atmospheres Montage

http://dev.oskstudio.com/phillipvan.com/2010/04/bright-falls-episode-1/

[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlRIveyfEs"]
(http://vimeo.com/11363537)

N3xus Gam3r
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I've found another Bright Falls video of director Phillip Van:

Bright Falls Atmospheres Montage

http://dev.oskstudio.com/phillipvan.com/2010/04/bright-falls-episode-1/
that was pretty wierd...
but that is not really one of the the Ep. so it's not gonna be added, but thx for telling :)

Richie Sambuca
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for posting these. The acting is far better than I was expecting. And the woman who plays Ellen is reeeeally good looking.

N3xus Gam3r
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for posting these. The acting is far better than I was expecting. And the woman who plays Ellen is reeeeally good looking. i can agree that

TartanSpartan17
05-10-2010, 11:13 PM
I watched the first 3 episodes today and all I can say is WOW. Its got me even more excited for the game than I already was. Friday can't come soon enough.

Also there is a video from Machinima on youtube where the guys are talking about the videos. Some real interesting points in it and a lot of things I never noticed.

Aahh can't wait!!

TartanSpartan17
05-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh and another thing. Is the waitress from the diner the chic from Saved By The Bell?

Richie Sambuca
05-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Oh and another thing. Is the waitress from the diner the chic from Saved By The Bell?

No, she is not.

MILINKYO
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Just a quick heads up, ep 4 is on spotlight on dash now!!!

N3xus Gam3r
05-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, Episode 4 is up on the marketplace now, go download it :D

i will be updating the epidsode, when Machinima has uploaded it :)

N3xus Gam3r
05-11-2010, 06:07 PM
**Update**

Episode 4 is now up, with more Jakeness, craziness, wierdness and Alan Wake ^^

Hawaiian
05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Episodes 5 & 6 are now available at http://brightfalls.com/ !

N3xus Gam3r
05-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Episodes 5 & 6 are now available at http://brightfalls.com/ ! thx for the info :)

but i rather wait for the last episodes to appear on the marketplace or machinima to watch,

because the sound is really messing up on that site ;)

N3xus Gam3r
05-15-2010, 10:41 AM
*Update* okay now the last 2 episodes is up :)

anybody knows what the flashlight is about on the brightfalls.com site?

Ozbaab
05-15-2010, 01:19 PM
SWEET!!! All episodes!! Gonna watch the last two now before i continue in AW

Absolutely awesome!

N3xus Gam3r
05-15-2010, 02:25 PM
well, i didnt remember alan and alice driving to their home at night?

Ozbaab
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
They were on a boat/ferry with their car.. So perhaps after they encountered that officer they go with the boat.

N3xus Gam3r
05-15-2010, 02:37 PM
yeah that would make sence i guees...

but still, what is the flashlight for in "Alan's Story"?

i thought the flashlight avatar prop was free, but no :/

Kryptech
05-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I am confused, I am really wondering what happened to them. Are we going to find out in the game? What was with the diver in the first episode? I guess this was like Lost in that with each episode all I get are more questions and no answers , lol.

Quickdraw
05-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I am confused, I am really wondering what happened to them. Are we going to find out in the game? What was with the diver in the first episode? I guess this was like Lost in that with each episode all I get are more questions and no answers , lol.

urg theres so much questions its just arg brain melting, even the ending of the game leaves much to ask. i really liked the bright falls series altho it was a one off, something like that was awesome, give a proper tv series like aw sure theres one out there somewhere but im lazy to look.

jgahagan
05-16-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm gradually starting to understand it all the more I play it (I'm on my second playthrough), just don't ask me to try and explain it! I think it's one of those things (for both the game and webisodes) that takes time to sink in.

N3xus Gam3r
05-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Remember the book, that followed in the LE, it also tells you alot of things of what is going ón :)

epicrage
05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
As video game tie-in-videos are usually big misses rather than hits, these were exceptionally well made and frighteningly entertaining. The tone and pacing is so structured and well thought out with all the little details sprinkled throughout each episode that I couldn't wait for the next. I wish this type of "series" was actually on TV as a regular show. Instead we get garbage like FlashForward and Happy Town. If there was a DVD of these included with the special edition of the game I would go to Gamestop right now and change my preorder from the regular edition to the special edition.

Anyway, I think the whole meaning or purpose of Bright Falls is to shed some light (haha pun intended) on what happens to the townsfolk when they are overcome with this dark presence that the game seems to be about. I haven't played it yet, as it comes out Tuesday, so I could be way off but that's what I took away from it.

Kryptech
05-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Remember the book, that followed in the LE, it also tells you alot of things of what is going ón :)

Whats the LE? Limited Edition? if so should I read it first cuz thats the copy im getting.

N3xus Gam3r
05-17-2010, 04:57 AM
yes, it is the Limited Edition, and i would grab it if i was you ;)

Kryptech
05-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I am picking up the limited edition. I am so glad they had one left at gamestop to preorder. I am going to the midnight launch. I dont know If reading the boook at midinight will be fun, but well see. I cant wait, today is the day!

N3xus Gam3r
05-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I understand you ;)

metallicorphan
05-20-2010, 08:02 AM
good stuff the prequel,i enjoyed them alot

so i guess he was becoming a Taken(the eye examine with the eye torch)...but what was all that Body bag stuff right at the beginning of episode 1(and then in a later episode as well)...did someone retrieve that Bodybag from the water?

it was good seeing all the live counterparts for the game..i think Rose looked the best/most identical

mcnichoj
05-20-2010, 09:39 AM
good stuff the prequel,i enjoyed them alot

so i guess he was becoming a Taken(the eye examine with the eye torch)...but what was all that Body bag stuff right at the beginning of episode 1(and then in a later episode as well)...did someone retrieve that Bodybag from the water?

it was good seeing all the live counterparts for the game..i think Rose looked the best/most identicalI haven't played the game yet and so I'm not going to try to spoil anything by random guessing but I would say I'm pretty confident that the person that came out of that body bag started the whole thing.

Anyone else get the feeling that the intro song and the series ending song were done by somebody from RoosterTeeth?

N3xus Gam3r
05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone else get the feeling that the intro song and the series ending song were done by somebody from RoosterTeeth? Why do you have that in mind?

metallicorphan
05-20-2010, 04:58 PM
the opening of the episodes reminded me a little of the opening of Stephen Kings Kingdom Hospital