PDA

View Full Version : Movie Requests

rvlution
05-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey guys, lately I've been into watching crappy movies (masochistic, I know). Just one of those things I like lol. I was just wondering if anybody had any special recommendations. Basically just anything that might be on Syfy on a Saturday afternoon or something you'd see at a convention. Preferably the latter. I like movies like Troma Films. Thanks!

Tussell
05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Well, I could list about a billion Troma flicks you should see.

Which ones have you seen as of now?

rvlution
05-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, I could list about a billion Troma flicks you should see.

Which ones have you seen as of now?

Tbh, none. But I just know that I like 'em lol. Ever since I saw the trailer for Redneck Zombies I've been wanting to see it. I like the kind of stuff that came on the local access horror show things.

PaperThinWalls
05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Roger Corman films.

Tussell
05-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Check out Full Moon Productions too. The Puppet Master series is phenomenal!

Death Metal Jim
05-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey guys, lately I've been into watching crappy movies (masochistic, I know). Just one of those things I like lol. I was just wondering if anybody had any special recommendations. Basically just anything that might be on Syfy on a Saturday afternoon or something you'd see at a convention. Preferably the latter. I like movies like Troma Films. Thanks!

I would suggest watching every MST3K episode, especially Manos:The Hands Of Fate and Monster A-Go-Go, both considered to be the worst movies of all time. Oh ya, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians is pretty awful/hilarious as well ;)

rvlution
05-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Check out Full Moon Productions too. The Puppet Master series is phenomenal!

I think I have Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys on my instant queue. Now that school is winding down I'll try to watch it.

Tussell
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I think I have Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys on my instant queue. Now that school is winding down I'll try to watch it.
I wouldn't start out with that one. Definitely watch the main series before you go into the more recent releases. It's still a fun flick, but I'd go with the original series.

X monkfish69 X
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Puppet Master films are classics all the way up to number 3. Don't bother watching the one with the young guy in it (can't remember the title of it) as it just uses clips from the other films to flesh out an hour and a half. It's really bad. But then again, that might be right up your street.....

Also, if you are into terrible films, try 'Dawn of the Dead' (2008) version. Truly awful.

KSizzle
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I think Beware Children at Play, Toxie and Surf Nazis Must Die are all available on Netflix streaming.

As far as which ones to recommend, I'm with Tussell on that. There are like a million hilarious Troma flicks worth watching. Rabid Grannies, Toxic Avenger series, Nuke Em High, The Butchers, Killer Nerd and Redneck Zombies are few that I have watched and enjoyed. Nothing like the cheezyness of Troma Films. Check out their website.

DOOKH8R
05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
You can't go wrong with:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Btkvd.jpg

rvlution
06-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Holy eff. Watched Redneck Zombies last night. That is the exact thing I am looking for. I'm gonna search for local horror and comic book shows cause those usually have awesome stuff.