PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone legitly hit level 20 yet?

linktriforce007
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
If so, post here, and tell me how many games you own

heinstach
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm level 22 with all golds except the 2 games I haven't bought yet (Volleyball and Basketball). They only have 1 medal (Time Spender) each

linktriforce007
05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm level 22 with all golds except the 2 games I haven't bought yet (Volleyball and Basketball). They only have 1 medal (Time Spender) each

Whoa! Crazy! Nice job!

Bonkekook
05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I am. I hit Level 20 and stopped when I got the achievement. I own them all. Have probably around 70 Golds, and could get a lot more, but I primarily focused on achievements and not Golds.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Bonkekook.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Bonkekook)

UnarmedReaper07
05-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Just hit level 20 and I have gold on all "3 medal games" from Game Pack 001 and 002. I also have all "3 medal games" from Game Pack 003, but I don't have gold on all of them. I bought the "Tennis" game too, which I have a silver medal for.

linktriforce007
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Just hit level 20 and I have gold on all "3 medal games" from Game Pack 001 and 002. I also have all "3 medal games" from Game Pack 003, but I don't have gold on all of them. I bought the "Tennis" game too, which I have a silver medal for.

I fail at Lunar Lander

MisterGuyMan
05-14-2010, 03:16 PM
I hit level 20 with I believe 28 games. I focused exclusively on the 3 medal games.

pinata242
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM
How did you all justify buying games you don't really like just to hit 1000gs ASAP as opposed to spending the same amount of money on games you actually enjoy, but over a longer period?

I only have 7 games from the first 4 batches and their respective 21 gold medals. I might grab Shark! Shark! next Wednesday, but my quest for 1000gs will be slow and completely dependent on games coming out that I actually want to play.

UnarmedReaper07
05-14-2010, 06:39 PM
How did you all justify buying games you don't really like just to hit 1000gs ASAP as opposed to spending the same amount of money on games you actually enjoy, but over a longer period?

I only have 7 games from the first 4 batches and their respective 21 gold medals. I might grab Shark! Shark! next Wednesday, but my quest for 1000gs will be slow and completely dependent on games coming out that I actually want to play.

To tell you the truth I like all the games I bought. I play them even if I have all gold medals for them. There are specific games that I used to play at a younger age. One of these was "Keystone Kapers" and I'm waiting for "Burger Time" to come out. I played more Atari games, but I forgot the rest of the games I used to play.

pinata242
05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
To tell you the truth I like all the games I bought. I play them even if I have all gold medals for them. There are specific games that I used to play at a younger age. One of these was "Keystone Kapers" and I'm waiting for "Burger Time" to come out. I played more Atari games, but I forgot the rest of the games I used to play.

Nice. I skipped a few of my childhood favorites, largely due to the controls.

I'm a child of the Intellivision and Arcade and I never owned an Atari so most of those games don't do anything for me. Some of the Arcade games I find unplayable and some of the Intellivision games (Sub Hunt) don't really translate well to the Xbox controller - especially with the inability for the emulator to apparently read directional and button information simultaneously. I can't move and fire in Night Stalker, I can't move and warp in Astrosmash, and I couldn't change speeds and aim in Sub Hunt :(

Tragidy85
05-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Sadly I just got my level 14 achievement but working full time and 2 kids will cause that! Lol. But I am at 18 games just the ones my wife and I really play alot. 95% gold medals just a few to mop up for time spender. GP4 LET'S GO!

linktriforce007
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Sadly I just got my level 14 achievement but working full time and 2 kids will cause that! Lol. But I am at 18 games just the ones my wife and I really play alot. 95% gold medals just a few to mop up for time spender. GP4 LET'S GO!

I've bought all 44 not for the purpose of getting 1K, but for the purpose of having them all

Skode
05-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I've bought all 44 not for the purpose of getting 1K, but for the purpose of having them all

That fair enough but what happens a few weeks down the line when youve filled all the spaces available in your arcade room?

Im just shy of level 8 so far and its proving to be a slow process because i was too hasty at launch and spend a lot of points in multiplayer only games that people never play at my place (Outlaw, Mountain Madness etc) - still im having a blast going for the medals. I will get to level 20 legit with patience and a LOT more games haha

pinata242
05-17-2010, 04:53 PM
That fair enough but what happens a few weeks down the line when youve filled all the spaces available in your arcade room?

He'll launch them from the "My Collection" menu like most sane people :)

Skode
05-18-2010, 01:24 AM
He'll launch them from the "My Collection" menu like most sane people :)

Haha yeah but i was thinking in regards to accessibility to all - having all machines on show is fantastic in my opinion for others to see what games you have... i know i visit friends games room specifically often to see what theyve added from the latest weekly offerings. There is also the gaining of gold tokens for people using you machines... not having all on show also hinders this handy little feature but oviously less so for someone who is only going to buy them all anyway.

Still good for him, he must have an amazing Game Room with so many games cabinets on display - probably better than the Kromes own one given they still only feature the cabinets from the first two packs (shame really - you would think they would replace the older display ones for the newer ones to try and promote sales)

Bonkekook
05-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Because I'm a rich jerk with no social life. My only calling in life is to amass an insane amount of achievement points as fast as possible no matter what the cost.

I could give you some lame excuses, but that's basically why.