PDA

View Full Version : House MD - Yay or Nay?

Bloodhound2922
05-11-2010, 05:18 AM
Do you guys think that House has gone overboard, or still going strong?
I'm a big fan, and think that It's still great. But some say that the pointless medical episodes with a lack of main storyline was better.
Your opinions?

Tussell
05-11-2010, 05:19 AM
House sucks, period.

StolenPaper18
05-11-2010, 05:25 AM
House sucks, period.
lol

I think the show is pretty good. I didn't really start watching it until this current season though. I had seen a few random episodes and got kind of hooked on it. House himself is just a f'n riot. It does get slightly repetitive though because they kind of do the exact same thing every episode: Someone is dying, they can't figure out what it is, in the last 5 minutes of the episode the cure suddenly comes to House, and the patient lives. Regardless, the patients are pretty interesting.

My 2 pennies.

DOOKH8R
05-11-2010, 05:57 AM
House sucks, period.

Yes, yes it does. Good call.

marchbunny
05-11-2010, 06:13 AM
I tried watching it a few times and every time it was the same premise... Someone makes a diagnosis, half-way through they find out it's not that but a more uber rare diagnosis. I love Hugh Laurie but I think I prefer watching him in Black Adder then this.

I thought I saw on the previews that he was put into an asylum?

KNIGHTOFSERA
05-11-2010, 06:24 AM
you people do not know good Tv....House is awesome..plain and simple

sure the episodes use the same template....but its a good template...and House himself is always amusing

plus it cant be intellectually stimulating...

A ZombieTwinkie
05-11-2010, 06:33 AM
I just recently got into this show. Don't know exactly what I think of it, but it's entertaining enough. My girlfriend, however, really enjoys House and watches it a lot.

Muzzins
05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
House is one of the greatest shows around currently in my opinion.

I thought I saw on the previews that he was put into an asylum?

He went for rehab to overcome a Vicodin addiction at the end of the last season/start of this one.

HarperBird
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM

sure the episodes use the same template....but its a good template...and House himself is always amusing

plus it cant be intellectually stimulating...

Totally agree with everything you said! when a mate first recommended House to me i thought it would be lame and didn't think i would enjoy it but i think it awesome!

UK Dennis
05-11-2010, 11:28 AM
House sucks, period.

House is awesome, period.

OnlyRinaldo
05-11-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm a fan of House MD I have seen every episode but this season sucks:(.

Burning Karma
05-11-2010, 06:56 PM
House sucks, period.
Once again.....Tussell, Tussell, Tussell....

House: Very yay. I greatly enjoy the show.

Iconoclast
05-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I've only seen like one and a half episodes, but I can't say anything good about it. Just not my type of show I guess.

I mean, I get that he's supposed to be an asshole, that's his character (which reminds me of the protagonist in Firefly)...the difference being, Firefly's main character, while a dick sometimes, is likeable, while House just seems like to much of a douchehat to even relate to. Or rather, he's so much of a douchehat that you don't even want to bother trying to relate to him.

Just seems like a show that offers me nothing in terms of entertainment. That, and I generally dislike all medical-related drama shows, of which there is an abundance *cough*ER/Grey's Anatomy*cough*

Fizzmatix
05-11-2010, 07:45 PM

People are allowed to disagree with your opinion, and you can disagree with theirs. There is no right or wrong answer. Anyhow, the show is good on and off.

I have watched quite a lot but recently I haven't had as much interest in the show as I have had previously. The newer episodes where there are lots of flash backs and and weird jumbled happenings are starting to get a little old. It's just like Lost all over again where they start to drag things out because they want whatever situation to have a big ending.

The show is rather predictable, someone gets sick, they run tests and then find out it's the wrong way to tackle the sickness. House is an ass to everyone then they solve it. I quite like trying to work out what could be wrong but it seems lately they are going a bit over the top with some of it.

KNIGHTOFSERA
05-11-2010, 07:53 PM
People are allowed to disagree with your opinion, and you can disagree with theirs. There is no right or wrong answer. Anyhow, the show is good on and off.

what's the point of having an opinion if other people can be right also?...

anyways its my opinion that they are wrong (and they are)...which I guess people can disagree with (and they'd be wrong again)

just saying...

Capn Doug
05-11-2010, 08:08 PM
House is one of only two shows that I watch religiously. The other is Lost. House hasn't been as good as it has been recently, but it is still pretty good. It can be formulaic, but they have still managed to keep that formula interesting. That shark is still looming large on the horizon, though. They avoided it a few times, but at least one of the writers is egging them on to jump it.

KSizzle
05-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Put me in the "yay" category. I love House. I own all the seasons on dvd and have watched them several times. I think Hugh Laurie is absolutely brilliant as Dr. House. I have yet to get tired of his asshole behavior towards patients and Cuddy.

This season hasn't been that great but it is still a great show imo. It is def one show that I try not to ever miss, along with Breaking Bad and The Office.

Nozza XBA
05-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I've only seen like one and a half episodes, but I can't say anything good about it. Just not my type of show I guess.

I mean, I get that he's supposed to be an asshole, that's his character (which reminds me of the protagonist in Firefly)...the difference being, Firefly's main character, while a dick sometimes, is likeable, while House just seems like to much of a douchehat to even relate to. Or rather, he's so much of a douchehat that you don't even want to bother trying to relate to him.

Just seems like a show that offers me nothing in terms of entertainment. That, and I generally dislike all medical-related drama shows, of which there is an abundance *cough*ER/Grey's Anatomy*cough*

I dont mean to have a go but you say this and you've only watched half and episode. You cant base a character off that?!

Yeah he is a dick to people but not all the time. You actually see his human and caring side for others in loads of episodes and whats good about it he doesnt mean to or doesnt even realise he's doing it! The way he is is what makes the show so good. Plus with all the other characters and there stories it only adds to tale.

He just doesnt really like his life so he trys to bring everyone else down to his level and speaks the truth which make it funny caus he just takes the piss.

I've watched all the series so far but I havent got aruond to 6 yet but I cant wait! I dont think its going down hill just for the fact of where series 5 left off and 6 starts! I'd say theres one more or 2 more series left in it.

The show is rather predictable, someone gets sick, they run tests and then find out it's the wrong way to tackle the sickness. House is an ass to everyone then they solve it. I quite like trying to work out what could be wrong but it seems lately they are going a bit over the top with some of it.
Thats what makes it great. Nothing is ever the same when it comes to the persons problems. You find out about stuff and weird things that caused it etc and to just watch Hugh through it is a laugh! Sometimes the simple things are the best solution.. Whereas I feel if you over do it (Lost) you it ends up shit but you're forced to see the rest of it just to find out what happens..

domn8rdom
05-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Yay for me. Im a House fan. Ive watched every episode, sure this season isnt the greatest but its still entertaining for me. If Hugh Laurie didnt play House, this show wouldnt been cancelled 1st season. He is what makes this show so great.

dakisbac
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Season 5 of House sucks, period.

Fixed that for you. Aside from Season 5, excellent show.

Mores3
05-12-2010, 11:41 PM
House is one of the best shows on TV right now. Been a fan from the beginning.

Going back to the original question, is it going overboard? I have to say yea it is. Like the people repeatedly said here, it follows the same template. I believe the show is trying to change how redundant it can be.

At least its not going as overboard as Lost did. Too many questions and no way to answer them in 2 episodes.

DevilMaster18
05-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I've recently bought all 5 seasons of it and watched 2 episodes now. Can't say it's bad but can't say it's extremely good.

If i compare it to the likes of Supernatural, Dexter, Chuck, Prison Break, Terminator: TSCC etc... This will be my last in top series.

I must admit it's thoroughly entertaining but nothing special. If i look on the good side, best doctor series.

It's something that you can sit down and watch for full 40+ mins and not one of those crappy series like East Enders that make you instantly change channel.

Worth my time, worth my money and so it's good overall.

RuYi
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Yay! I like the series a lot, though I always tend to forget to watch it. >> But the times I did see it, really enjoyed watching it.

hannar__x
05-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Seasons 1 to 5 are an instant hit. Especially when the 'new' team members are introduced as basically new playthings for House. This season, however, has a darker tone to it and seems more like a borderline psychological drama than your average medical drama.

Although going on that, it could be argued as being a psychological drama from the outset through the character of House. Either way, it's highly entertaining and easily re-watchable numerous of times.

Burning Karma
05-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Yay! I like the series a lot, though I always tend to forget to watch it. >> But the times I did see it, really enjoyed watching it.
If you live in the States, Bravo shows a marthon of it on Saturday nights, from 6 till 12 and repeats one of those episodes at 1.

SALT1R3
06-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I fast-forward through most of the patient and House sidekick stuff and just mainly watch it these days for the House and Wilson double act which at times is still hilarious.

hannar__x
06-12-2010, 10:40 AM
What are the general opinions on season 6? (Without spoilers as I know it hasn't aired in many countries yet)

i m redshark
06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
It's a yay in my book, my wife got me started on it about 4 seasons ago and I enjoy it. Although most episodes are repetitive, you know diagnose, test, rediagnose, retest, and so on. But the side stories are what get me thrilled, can't wait to see what happens next season

compynerd
06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
House sucks, period.
Yes, yes it does. Good call.
I'm afraid I have to disagree. HOUSE M.D. is one of the best balanced shows there is. But that's just my opinion.

LFC2K6
06-26-2010, 04:02 AM
This show is amazing! First 2 seasons started to get boring as it was the same show repeated each week basically, but then it started to really pick up and turned into my favourite show.

SPOILERS ALERT***!!!!!

It is a shame that they seem to have kind of cut Wilsons involvement lately, though he did have a pretty big story 2 seasons back. I'm also a bit disappointed they cut Cameron, I know they don't have anything to do with her any more really but bringing her back now, when House & Cuddy finally got it together might stir things up!

Do have a question for you guys though, Cameron(Brunette days of course :D) or Thirteen?

StolenPaper18
06-26-2010, 04:04 AM
This show is amazing! First 2 seasons started to get boring as it was the same show repeated each week basically, but then it started to really pick up and turned into my favourite show.

SPOILERS ALERT***!!!!!

It is a shame that they seem to have kind of cut Wilsons involvement lately, though he did have a pretty big story 2 seasons back. I'm also a bit disappointed they cut Cameron, I know they don't have anything to do with her any more really but bringing her back now, when House & Cuddy finally got it together might stir things up!

Do have a question for you guys though, Cameron(Brunette days of course :D) or Thirteen?
Thirteen...imo :woop:

LFC2K6
06-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Thirteen...imo :woop:

I know she's one of the best looking women in the world IMO, but still I can't help but pick Cameron myself xD

StolenPaper18
06-26-2010, 04:15 AM
I know she's one of the best looking women in the world IMO, but still I can't help but pick Cameron myself xD
Dude, no way. How could you pick Cameron over Thirteen? That just doesn't make any sense! I mean, don't get me wrong, Cameron is good looking...but come on! Thirteen is just better looking :woop: Hahaha.

LFC2K6
06-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Dude, no way. How could you pick Cameron over Thirteen? That just doesn't make any sense! I mean, don't get me wrong, Cameron is good looking...but come on! Thirteen is just better looking :woop: Hahaha.

That's what I mean! Thirteen is amazingly beautiful but I still end up saying Cameron every time. She's even Bi in the show.... I should be ashamed lol.

Maybe it's because she's been there from the beginning? who knows.

StolenPaper18
06-26-2010, 04:24 AM
That's what I mean! Thirteen is amazingly beautiful but I still end up saying Cameron every time. She's even Bi in the show.... I should be ashamed lol.

Maybe it's because she's been there from the beginning? who knows.
Hahaha, you should be very ashamed!

LFC2K6
06-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Hahaha, you should be very ashamed!
Hey, they're both beautiful women. Win - Win situation in my eyes :D

StolenPaper18
06-26-2010, 04:31 AM
Hey, they're both beautiful women. Win - Win situation in my eyes :D
This is very true. Well played, sir.

LFC2K6
06-26-2010, 04:36 AM
This is very true. Well played, sir.

FURTHER SPOILERS!!!

Upon some searching, neither Cameron or Thirteen are in the new season apparently! This leaves Cuddy the eye candy of the show I think :confused:

StolenPaper18
06-26-2010, 04:42 AM
FURTHER SPOILERS!!!

Upon some searching, neither Cameron or Thirteen are in the new season apparently! This leaves Cuddy the eye candy of the show I think :confused:
This is somewhat disturbing news...Cuddy is nice to look at, but I prefer the younger ladies ;)

LFC2K6
06-26-2010, 04:47 AM
This is somewhat disturbing news...Cuddy is nice to look at, but I prefer the younger ladies ;)

Indeed, Jennifer Morrisons contract is up and not renewed so she's gone, and Olivia Wilde (Supposedly in the new James Bond film) is taking a little break from the show, which explains the kind of unexpected way she handed in her letter at the end. Kind of hastily written out of it like Kutner was.

dakisbac
06-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Thirteen will be absent from quite a few episodes next season, but she's not gone. SOURCE (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/18/house-olivia-wilde-leave-of-absence/)

As for Cameron vs Thirteen, I prefer Cameron. Her character has more depth and I think she's a better doctor. Thirteen I think seems kind of reckless with her suggestions, especially when she's trying to prove something to House. Personality wise Cameron annoys me, of course, because of her blasted morality and Thirteen is quite entertaining the way she screws with House and the others. Finally, although it's irrelevant, I prefer looking at Olivia Wilde. They're both great though :)

LFC2K6
06-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Thirteen will be absent from quite a few episodes next season, but she's not gone. SOURCE (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/18/house-olivia-wilde-leave-of-absence/)

As for Cameron vs Thirteen, I prefer Cameron. Her character has more depth and I think she's a better doctor. Thirteen I think seems kind of reckless with her suggestions, especially when she's trying to prove something to House. Personality wise Cameron annoys me, of course, because of her blasted morality and Thirteen is quite entertaining the way she screws with House and the others. Finally, although it's irrelevant, I prefer looking at Olivia Wilde. They're both great though :)

Cheers for the source mate, I'd seen it in a paper over here due to the speculation of her being in the Bond film.
That's exactly how I feel about Cameron too, shame she had to go but the show moves on! Not like Olivia Wilde is a bad replacement!

I wonder though, will they bring in a temporary character to cover her like for example, bring Lucas back into it for a while. Or will they leave it as it is.

Expyrious
07-03-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm a HUGE House fan. And there has yet an episode to come to dissapoint me. I enjoy all the characters in their own ways. Hugh Laurie is one awesome actor, and really talented.

So a yay all the way.

sigmund500
07-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Yay for house, I mean he got with Cutty! hells yeah finally

Glenn
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM
I think House is wonderful, his humor is awesome :P Just like mine =)

mrszeeeze
07-15-2010, 11:44 PM
I kind of lost interest in the last season of House, for no particular reason really. I guess I just liked the first four seasons better. Season two was probably my absolute favorite.

tommyleech1
07-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Yay for me. One of my favourite shows. I met a lass who looked a hell of a lot like 13 the other day. SO HOT.

nonotata
07-17-2010, 07:55 PM
I only saw the first 2 seasons, but yay for those seasons!

PointPlaceWI
07-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Cheers for the source mate, I'd seen it in a paper over here due to the speculation of her being in the Bond film.
That's exactly how I feel about Cameron too, shame she had to go but the show moves on! Not like Olivia Wilde is a bad replacement!

I wonder though, will they bring in a temporary character to cover her like for example, bring Lucas back into it for a while. Or will they leave it as it is.

The next Bond movie got canned so she's probably feeling pretty screwed right now if she can't renew for House. I only watched the first couple of seasons until they switched out House's little team because I liked the original over the new ones but the show is pretty good. It is basically the same thing every single time with some patient coming in and having some extreme foreign disease that no one understands and then House has an epiphany from some random tidbit of information mentioned near the end of the episode and he whips in and does some unconventional and unapproved treatment that no one wants him to do but does nothing to stop and the patient gets all better.

XBLsFinest
07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
House is great just wrapping up season 6 and roll on Season 7, it's in September right?

perfectlypurple
07-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I love House the early stuff and the new! :Bounce:

Kramericus
07-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Think its below where it used to be, but I still think its one of the better shows on television. I dont quite like how they have steadily made it less and less of a medical show, was at its best when it balanced the medicine and the plot development.

Superbad325
07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
House is probably the greatest show ever made, alongside 24 in my opinion.

mainman94
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
House is the best show ever IMO i watch it ever Saturday all 6 episodes in a row. also Thirteen

Kairi
07-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I love House! Its one of my favorite shows! :]

BlackTitan666
07-28-2010, 03:43 AM
I love house great show

nix19
08-01-2010, 08:37 AM
I didn't start watching House until season 3 but liked it so much I have since watched all the episodes more than once.

BemusedBox
08-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Never got into this but sounds like i should pick up season 1 and see if it is as good as people are saying.

odcz
08-26-2010, 05:50 PM
i believe that they are still goin strong and its the best show or more like best medical show ever i think even bttr then ER. i love how all the characters fit 2gether in someway or another

13ip0lar
08-26-2010, 08:14 PM
House sucks, period.

Funny thing is one of my sister's best friend literally comes from a family of doctors, and he himself has just started college and is going to become a pediatrician. That in mind, they all love "House" and shows to do with medical practice. I think they even watch Grey's Anatomy...although that one might be more out of coincidence, since it's set in Seattle, where I'm from, and has to do with doctors. lol

WartyHogger
08-27-2010, 12:09 AM
Do you guys think that House has gone overboard, or still going strong?
I'm a big fan, and think that It's still great. But some say that the pointless medical episodes with a lack of main storyline was better.
Your opinions?

I was a huge fan for up to season 3. I lost interest in the 2 hour season premier that took place in that prison or w/e, it was long, drawn out, and all of that. Now I don't even know what's going on with the show. Used to be my favorite, but the story and the charcters they're bringing is just not the same House. But that's my opinion.

shawn1981
08-27-2010, 12:19 AM
House is :cool:

Spanish Assault
08-27-2010, 12:57 AM
House sucks, period.
You suck exclamation point.

House is one of my all time favorites shows...I never miss an episode. Cant wait to see how the new season starts with him and Cuddy (God I love her).

ZServ
08-27-2010, 01:00 AM
I was a huge fan for up to season 3. I lost interest in the 2 hour season premier that took place in that prison or w/e, it was long, drawn out, and all of that. Now I don't even know what's going on with the show. Used to be my favorite, but the story and the charcters they're bringing is just not the same House. But that's my opinion.
Uh.

That was like, season 6 bro.

The hell are you going on about, season 3. Wtf?

SALT1R3
08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
You suck exclamation point.

House is one of my all time favorites shows...I never miss an episode. Cant wait to see how the new season starts with him and Cuddy (God I love her).

Yeah Cuddy has sexiness and class, not like that other bimbo doc they have on House's team (13 was it? Dunno, I always fastforward through their crap as only interested in House and Wilson or Cuddy).

Qyrath
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Not a fan. Not enough good moments to cover the long dry spells, IMHO.

o0ArA0o
08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
House --- YAY

Weak episodes on the run but all in all one of my favourite TV shows besides Big Bang and Scrubs

Skepsis93
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Only got into it about a month back so I haven't seen season 6 yet. Eagerly awaiting it on pre-order at the end of next month. Then I have to watch it in time for the start of season 7 in...January, is it? In the UK?

Lebowski324
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Can't wait for the next season should be soon, like this month actually :D

Spanish Assault
09-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah Cuddy has sexiness and class, not like that other bimbo doc they have on House's team (13 was it? Dunno, I always fastforward through their crap as only interested in House and Wilson or Cuddy).
Yeah I've always had a thing for cuddy...maybe cause of the power of her position or the tight reveling clothing she wears....yeah it's definetly the clothing.

PurpleSkwid
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Been watching it since Season 1.
Was a big fan up until the latest season, which I couldn't get into, so I stopped watching.
Ended up getting the entire season and watching from where I left off... And it seemed to get good as soon as I stopped watching.
The finale was pretty good, even my Dad enjoyed it, and he usually doesn't like House.

Nothing will beat the first two seasons, though.
Original team will always beat the new team.

SALT1R3
09-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah I've always had a thing for cuddy...maybe cause of the power of her position or the tight reveling clothing she wears....yeah it's definetly the clothing.

Yeah lol and she's got a body to get away with wearing those clothes. Also remember the episode where House is hallucinating and she wore a Cheerleader uniform, phew, got my pulse racing thats for sure! :)

XxBlueSpade2xX
09-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I liked the first two seasons. House is supposed to break down, by break down I mean back on pills, ruining ALL of his relationships. This last season started out well with him in a psych ward. But, then (SPOILER) the Cuddy thing during the season finale. No. It's supposed to be a show about a brilliant doctor that is seriously self destructive. But, they seem to be heading in the complete opposite direction.

shocellist
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I love House, though it is quite predictable. Somehow it never gets old or boring, even with the predictability.

Anthirian
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Agree with you there, and I love how House usually makes a remark about it :D

KFZ Scrubs
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought the show was pretty funny the first time i saw it.
There was one part where he asked a little girl if she had hair growing in her special places.... i was laughing pretty hard.

mattjh
09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I still enjoy House. Some of the storyline could be better, but you can just watch an episode stand alone and still get a good kick out of it.

Jamieironmaiden
09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Nahhh not that big a fan of House dont find it that funny.

Spanish Assault
09-18-2010, 09:35 PM
excited about the new season...that and Bones.

twitchinmonkey
09-19-2010, 02:29 PM
With Lost gone House is now the consistently best show on American Network Television.

WartyHogger
09-19-2010, 07:57 PM
With Lost gone House is now the consistently best show on American Network Television.

It'll depend on how good "The Event" is. They both come on in less than 24 hours. Woot!

TruckinNomad
09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
I like House and enjoy watching every now and then but I have to agree it is kinda the same every show. In the way they diagnose then suspense and oops its this not that or the other thing. Oh and its not Lupus. Still a decent show I find myself more interested in the character stories more than the show itself.:uzi:

PurpleSkwid
09-23-2010, 02:53 PM
First episode of this season makes me miss the earlier episodes :(

Back when there was a formula.

"This guy is sick."
"He has this, treat him with that"
"Now he's worse"
"Sorry, he's dying."
"Oh damn"
"Yeah it's a real sha- Oh wait I know what he has now"
"Now he's all better"
"Woot"

Every episode. I liked that :(

aussiestatic
09-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Who watched the first episode. I cant stand to see house and her together. its not watchable now.