PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch Teaser Poster

B1GM13
05-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Want us to show you some promotional artwork for the Kane & Lynch (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/884/884973.html) movie? Cannes do!

Empire Magazine tweeted (http://twitter.com/empiremagazine) a photo (http://twitpic.com/1mq00f) that reveals some yellow and black Kane & Lynch promotional artwork that's adorning an entrance at the Majestic Barriere Hotel at the Cannes Film Festival in France.

The Cannes artwork is a variation on a teaser poster for the game-to-film adaptation posted at the website of the movie's production company, Nu Image/Millennium Films (http://www.nuimage.net/film_library_detail.asp?fid={87EF9D21-54CB-4A5C-BA38-9D4C00FA7BFC}). You can see the poster below. Alas, that is the largest version of it we were able to acquire.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/108/1088617/kane-lynch-promo-boxart_1273535905.jpg - Nu Image/Millennium Films

Nu Image's site also provided the following plot synopsis for the Bruce Willis-Jamie Foxx starrer: "Kane is a mercenary. Lynch is a schizophrenic with no past. They meet while being transported to Death Row. When they are attacked and kidnapped by Kane's former team, the ill-matched duo is forced to retrieve a stolen microchip that may hold the key to Lynch's true identity."

Simon Crane will direct Kane & Lynch from a script by Kyle Ward.

Source - IGN.com

A Satyr
05-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Jamie fox =

Eeeeeeeeeeeepiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll

jtr1gg3r
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Jamie fox =

Eeeeeeeeeeeepiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll

true dat

its a poster so I cant really say anything atm

Tussell
05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, a poster doesn't really say much. I mean, it can hint at the art direction of the film, but this one doesn't. Reminds me a bit of 'Way of the Gun'.

Looking forward to the movie though.

A ZombieTwinkie
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
I was interested into this until I found out Jamie Fox was in this. Not for sure why, but I just can't really stand him as an actor. Might check it out once it drops on DVD.

StolenPaper18
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm still really upset that Jamie Foxx is in this....This could be such an epic movie...I'm keeping my hopes up.

VladimirK
05-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Jamie fox =

Bingo.

I actually really enjoyed Kane & Lynch, loved the characters, especially Lynch.
So naturally I was looking forward to this.

But Jamie Foxx being cast completely kills it for me.
He's a decent actor, but absolutely nothing like either of the 2 main characters.

Whoever decided to cast him screwed up big imo.

domn8rdom
05-12-2010, 08:45 AM
I agree with everyone saying Jamie Foxx isnt right for this movie. So is Jamie Foxx playing Lynch? cuz it would be better if he is Kane in my opinion.

Gorilla Stomper
05-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I am offended by the casting of Jamie Foxx as Lynch.

/leavesthread

elephantd
05-12-2010, 01:41 PM
At first i was on the Jaimie Hate wagon, then I saw self obiding citizen? or whatever that movie is. I loved it and Jaimie was great in it. I rather him then some white guy who doesn't have the slightiest clue on acting. I will see it in theatures.

VladimirK
05-12-2010, 02:16 PM
At first i was on the Jaimie Hate wagon, then I saw self obiding citizen? or whatever that movie is. I loved it and Jaimie was great in it. I rather him then some white guy who doesn't have the slightiest clue on acting. I will see it in theatures.

Steve Buscemi.

Like I've said all along.
In what was is he not perfect as Lynch?

Maybe not enough of a total psycho in his movies, but I think he fits way, way better than Foxx.

Gorilla Stomper
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Steve Buscemi.

Like I've said all along.
In what was is he not perfect as Lynch?

Maybe not enough of a total psycho in his movies, but I think he fits way, way better than Foxx.

Steve Buscemi is actually believable as Lynch. He was actually quite scary as that psycho in Con-Air.

domn8rdom
05-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Steve Buscemi is actually believable as Lynch. He was actually quite scary as that psycho in Con-Air.

He was perfect in Con-Air. I agree with him playing Lynch. Hans Gruber or Simon Gruber from the Die Hard movies. Hell anyone other than Jamie Foxx.

KFZ Scrubs
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Well.... i feel this movie is going to be a big fuck up. Probably going to stray away from the game and just follow the basic plot. I wonder if they'll have lynch be as crazy as he is in the game.... probably not...... fail.

VladimirK
05-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Yeah, he plays a brilliant, quiet psycho if you know what I mean.
Just don't know how well it would work as the maniac Lynch shouting at the public thinking they are police.

And even just imagining him with the hair and you have a good Lynch lookalike.

Tussell
05-13-2010, 03:10 AM
... Hell anyone other than Jamie Foxx.
Most definitely! Hell, I'd rather go with Paul Reubens!

SynysterChris
05-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Never played the game but Steve Buscemi looks like him and was awesome in CON AIR

DOOKH8R
05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
I still think they should have cast Ice-T instead

DevilMaster18
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Looking forward for this film, game wasn't exactly that good but storyline was very good.

I'm bit puzzled when i saw Jamie Fox as Lynch (Lynch the caucasian guy with long hair). It was strange seeing Jamie Fox and Lynch have no resemblance at all, but i'm quite open-minded, and Jamie Fox is a very good actor so in my opinion doesn't matter what race you are, as long as you can portray the characteristics of that certain character accurately then it's fine.

It'd been better if it was Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington as they're on par with their acting skills but Jamie Fox is becoming better each time i see him, so let's hope this film is good! :woop:

Gorilla Stomper
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
He was perfect in Con-Air. I agree with him playing Lynch. Hans Gruber or Simon Gruber from the Die Hard movies. Hell anyone other than Jamie Foxx.

Holy shit, Alan Rickman would be awesome as Lynch.

http://olivier.quenechdu.free.fr/spip/local/cache-vignettes/L304xH380/diehard1_hansgruber-30a7d.jpg

Devin Townsend definitely has the right hair to play Lynch though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Devin_Townsend.jpg

VladimirK
05-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Holy shit, Alan Rickman would be awesome as Lynch.

Nice spot, I never even thought of him.
He's a really, really good actor too.

X monkfish69 X
05-14-2010, 12:49 AM
I would have said that Ron Perlman would have been a better pick for Lynch. I think he can carry the role of a shouty-psycho pretty well. Biggest problem I have with Jamie Fox playing the part of Lynch is him being black and the fact that Lynch wasn't black in the game. I'm pretty sure he won't be black in the comic either.

I'm still not convinced about the casting of Bruce Willis either. They have picked quite a mismatched duo here...

A Satyr
05-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm still not convinced about the casting of Bruce Willis either. They have picked quite a mismatched duo here... Actually now that i think about it, Willis as Lynch with long hair and Jamie as Kane might have looked better.

Sambuca Queen
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Jamie Foxx is amazing in other films, but this role and film is not for him. We need someone more hardcore. Alan Rickman when he was in Die Hard would have been awesome.

domn8rdom
05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Nice spot, I never even thought of him.
He's a really, really good actor too.

Dam you Gorilla Stomper, stealing all of my glory hahaha

VladimirK
05-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Dam you Gorilla Stomper, stealing all of my glory hahaha

Ahh, sorry man.
I didn't notice if you said earlier.

EDIT: :biglaugh, how wasted was I when I wrote that shit? xD

rvlution
05-15-2010, 03:37 AM
I really liked the game (shocker) and really want to see this. Poster looks cool but doesn't really say that much.

DaveHowie98
08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Alan Rickman would actually do well as Lynch when I think bout it, I thought Liam Neeson would but, Rickman seems more evil !

Pyrochaos
08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
The people making this movie are pretty much ignoring the game. They cased Jamie Fox to try to make it an instant weekend blockbuster, and to appeal to a wider audience.

My predictions for this movie:

Bruce Willis plays the always serious tough white guy. And Jamie Fox plays the easy going funny crazy black guy.

Hollywood treats video game movies worse than it used to treat comic book movies back in the 80-90s.

BarbaricGoose
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Devin Townsend definitely has the right hair to play Lynch though.

Sigh.. You should've known this. He shaved his head. Quite a long time ago.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.noisecreep.com/media/2009/10/devin-townshend-200-051309.jpg
New Devin.

Anyway, it's got Bruce Willis. And Jamie is a great actor. It might not be true to the game, but it'll be good unless the script sucks. And at least it's not Rampage Jackson, right?!

hodge
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't think that Jamie is that bad of an actor, but after playing the game, I just can't picture him playing the part properly

gazslater
08-04-2010, 04:20 AM
not really sure about Foxx , but he may suprisee us ?

HAK Devil
08-04-2010, 05:52 AM
Dear God Jamie Foxx...ah well, you can always count on a solid performance from the ever dependable Bruce Willis