PDA

View Full Version : Will Vegas have weather conditions?

TpYourHouse
05-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Unlike Fallout 3 does anyone know if New Vegas will have weather conditions? Like rain, storms, maybe some sandstorms?

EDIT: Here it is raining in the background in some concept art.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/falloutnvconcept/concept03B.jpg

mmartynn
05-18-2010, 08:30 PM
they havent really said, but probly wont, if you think, bombs have dried out the land so rain isnt collected.
well wait and see tho

Pixo
05-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Having sand or dust storms sounds pretty cool. I don't think it'll have anything like rain.

TpYourHouse
05-22-2010, 12:09 AM
I remember seeing rain in one of the screenshots or concept art. I know its only concept art but it would be great if there could be weather conditions in the game.

EDIT: FOUND IT!

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/falloutnvconcept/concept03B.jpg

SM Rollinger
05-22-2010, 12:51 AM
i hope it does

guillermo316
05-22-2010, 01:20 AM
probably not since the game has enough to handle, i bet the engine cant handle it,

Pearson
05-22-2010, 04:06 AM
If it did have rain, you would probably have to stay inside I would think. The rain would be too toxic to be out in it, worse than being irradiated.

BOOMSTICK B0B
05-25-2010, 12:44 AM
If it did have rain, you would probably have to stay inside I would think. The rain would be too toxic to be out in it, worse than being irradiated.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sandstorms would be alright though.

Arsenic 17
05-26-2010, 05:07 AM
while not having rain like in fallout 3 was unrealistic, it is probably even more unlikely this game will since vegas is located in a desert. it would be nice to see the occasion thunder storm or flash flood.

if there is large bodies of open water on the planet, there will be rain. it is that simple. All you need is a source of moisture, condensation nuclei (aka dust) and a way to cool the air, which could be feasible on Earth as long as the sun still exists,which it does.

Get with it developers!

TpYourHouse
05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
I believe you should still be able to go outside with some sort of Hazmat suit. And I think when you are in the ship in Mothership Zeta you can see water, I think it looks green though.