PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 in Oink

UnarmedReaper07
05-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Just got "Rank 9" on the world leaderboard for the game "Oink". I can't really think of any tips on this except to replace the bricks quickly so that the wolf can't get you. People could just watch my "Replay" to find any tips in it.

*Lost my Top 20 spot within a day* lol

*NEW* Just got Rank 17 in world leaderboards

Ooyah
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Very strange game. I accidentally got into the top 20 on my first go. :)

Just a few tips from me. It seems impossible to avoid a big gap being opened, seeing as the wolf fires so fast. A good tactic is to put single bricks in any big gaps, so that if the wolf catches you with his beam, you will hopefully hit that brick and recover. So, if you have a gap, say, 10 bricks across, try to put a brick every three spaces or so. In that way, he may not be able to pull you all the way through. This seems to work better than trying to fill the holes 'properly'. Also, when forced to cross a gap to retrieve a brick, try to wait until the wolf is facing the other way. It can help you to scurry across before he turns.

MACdanstaface
05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
I guess leaderboards don't mean much the first few days... I think it's even easier for those in Europe to get on the leaderboards the first day. I played the games at 11am my time (10:00 GMT), so most of those in the America's aren't on it.

Yesterday evening, only the top 5 of Keystone had over 35,000 (the requirement for gold point buster).

Dead Space Girl
05-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Survivalist is bloody frustrating! I got 6:48 or something like that on my third try, now I can't crack 5 minutes to save my life. This game seriously needs bonus lives.

UnarmedReaper07
05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Survivalist is bloody frustrating! I got 6:48 or something like that on my third try, now I can't crack 5 minutes to save my life. This game seriously needs bonus lives.

That is very odd that you have 6:48 as a time for survivalist. I just got that same time as well and it got me rank 17 on the world leaderboards.

NOTswaggers
05-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Just sit on the opening screen for as long as you need. As long as you don't touch the A button or move the stick the time has started but the game hasn't. Easy, Peezy.

Tragidy85
05-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, I have bounced from 2nd to 3rd to 10th and now back to 3rd in the world on this game. Best advice I can give is to make sure and toy with the wolf. Meaning his "laser, rope, wind, tongue" whatever you wanna call it obviously only goes at a 75 Degree Angle so stay in the corners and once he starts to hit the blocks that will usually give you enough of a break to run and grab a brick or two. Once you get down to the nitty gritty you will want to stay right above him as much as you can since he can't shoot straight up you can lay a brick right above him then wait for him to strafe to the other side of the brick then make a run for another brick. Rinse and repeat as long as possible. A decent score for life 1 is 800+, life 2 is 1500+, life 3 3000+. If your going for medals it should'nt take much longer than that if your staying even with those scores. Good luck.

UnarmedReaper07
05-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Well, I have bounced from 2nd to 3rd to 10th and now back to 3rd in the world on this game. Best advice I can give is to make sure and toy with the wolf. Meaning his "laser, rope, wind, tongue" whatever you wanna call it obviously only goes at a 75 Degree Angle so stay in the corners and once he starts to hit the blocks that will usually give you enough of a break to run and grab a brick or two. Once you get down to the nitty gritty you will want to stay right above him as much as you can since he can't shoot straight up you can lay a brick right above him then wait for him to strafe to the other side of the brick then make a run for another brick. Rinse and repeat as long as possible. A decent score for life 1 is 800+, life 2 is 1500+, life 3 3000+. If your going for medals it should'nt take much longer than that if your staying even with those scores. Good luck.

That is pretty good congratulations on your rankings. I tried that, but I was a bit short of getting the gold survivalist medal. I guess practicing helps a lot when it comes to any game.