PDA

View Full Version : Battlezone Survivalist & Keystone Kapers Point buster

MACdanstaface
05-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Anybody get those?

What's the gold for survivalist in Battlezone - I can't even get the silver (4 min), and I got the gold point buster. Also, it doesn't seem like you can just hide in this one.

As for KK, what's the gold requirements for point buster?

pauly_27
05-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I think Keystone Kapers is 30,000. Silver is 20k, so I'm just assuming, but it's most likey to be 30k

Pretty brutal really. In my first play, I came up just short of the gold survivalist medal, and only had around 12,000 points. I find the bouncing balls very difficult to avoid after 6-7 rounds.

Xx KINJO xX
05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Gold for Keystone Kapers is 35,000.

When you start getting the double red balls jumping around it gets pretty difficult!!!

pauly_27
05-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes, I just realised that Keystone is 35,000 for gold point buster.

I just got 32,250 and placed 8th on the leaderboard - a far cry from the guy in first place who has a staggering 282,750 points :eek:

I thought it would be hard to get this medal at first, but watching his replay gave me a better idea of how to avoid the balls better, and make better use of the elevators. I'd recommend anyone struggling with this to check out his replay.

lonesquiff
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Keystone Kapers is out? When did this happen? I dl pack 3 when it launched and it has some videos that play for several games in my game room but they aren't available to puchase...

EDIT: Just saw some other threads that they were included in pack 3 but weren't available until today.

Ooyah
05-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Yes, Keystone is really hard. I find the most annoying thing to be how the thief will reach the end of the floor, and then go down when you cannot. It is so frustrating. Seems like the only thing to do is to hang around the elevators, and wait until he is close enough so that when he runs away he will not be able to make it to the end of the floor. Which means that every attempt to catch the thief plays out almost the same.

But man... those bouncing balls!!! This is definitely the Game Room title which has made me swear the most so far.

Taiyz
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Battlezone's pretty agonizing because they spawn enemies right behind you and you're not fast enough to turn around and shoot them.

What I'm saying is that surviving in the game is 90% luck. The easiest way to hit 4 minutes is to not shoot tanks. Just drive around the tanks, and make sure they're never directly behind you at any one time. Learn how to fight missiles, as they're actually what you *want* to run into, as when the super tanks show up, your time's almost up. Whether or not you can reach 6 minutes is the *real* challenge.

After destroying about 6-7 missiles, super tanks will start showing up. The best way to deal with them is to drive backwards with both treads, then try and edge the super tank onto your screen by only using one tread so you can keep dodging shots while slowly putting them on-screen, then, time your attack for after the super tank's shot, so you have approximately a second to use both treads and quickly look right at it and fire.

Either way, the game will spawn tanks behind you or after dying, spawn you in front of one and there's a lot of unavoidable deaths, so pray for a barrage of missiles to come at you.

Personally, it took me tons of tries to get this medal, and I actually had 1 hour and 48 minutes or so on my time spender counter by the time I actually got it. I even died once at 5:59.

It also doesn't help that the game does not integrate properly with Game Room and will randomly crash, kicking you back to the medal screen. This typically happens within the first 5 seconds, between 2:30 and 3:30, or right towards the end of 6 minutes...I've been kicked out of the game with 1-2 lives remaining (and a bunch of missiles that I was perfectly capable to destroying) at 5:47 and 5:53 before. It really sucks, but it's doable.

Also, when I finally got the gold survivalist medal? I got kicked out at 7:14. So, I overshot the goal by a minute and fourteen seconds, but I still "lost" from the game crashing instead of a lack of skill. I was really pissed because I was about to destroy a missile and beat my previous top score (42k) but instead I only matched it. It would've been awesome to be on the leaderboard and have a replay with my longest survival.

lildevilbmxer
05-18-2010, 04:04 PM
well i finally got battlezone 4 mins without dying actually i lasted 6 mins and 42 seconds thank god that medel was pissing me off

MACdanstaface
05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
I just got the Battlezone survivalist. I did 7 min.

You might need a bit of luck, but the best way to go is to drive away from tanks. But don't slalom between obstacles. The thing to do is to drive strait, and away from the tanks. The best situation is when the tank is at the "rear" and not "right", "left", or "in range". I never got hit doing that.

The only thing left to do is get the missiles, or whatever those fast things coming at you are supposed to be.

Hope it helps.