PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen Robin Hood ?

Sean 94
05-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Has anyone seen the new Robin Hood ? I am going to it tonight and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it ?

Tussell
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Umm... How are you going to see it when the movie doesn't even come out until the 14th?

Sean 94
05-13-2010, 12:12 PM
It was out in The Netherlands yesterday on Wednesday, and it was really good to be honest. ;)

exo-apollo
05-13-2010, 12:36 PM
It came out here tonight, but I haven't gone to see it yet. I've heard that it is fairly disappointing, but I might go just to see some battles, I dig that kind of shit. Can't tell my History tutor though, he always rants about how inaccurate Kingdom of Heaven and Gladiator are.

Sean 94
05-13-2010, 12:45 PM
It came out here tonight, but I haven't gone to see it yet. I've heard that it is fairly disappointing, but I might go just to see some battles, I dig that kind of shit. Can't tell my History tutor though, he always rants about how inaccurate Kingdom of Heaven and Gladiator are.

Don't wanna spoil it for you, but there are not that many battles in the movie too be honest. But the story is pretty good and I would definatly recommend this movie.

FoxRacing1234
05-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Looks good. I don't know if I'll want to pay the money to see it but I may see it a little later.

bapae
05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't pay to go see it wait for it to come out and rent it.

Tussell
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I really want to go to the midnight release. (I will have gone gone to one every week so far then. I did A Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2.)

However, none of my friends really seem interested in it, so I'll probably end up just waiting for the DVD. :(

Sean 94
05-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I really want to go to the midnight release. (I will have gone gone to one every week so far then. I did A Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2.)

However, none of my friends really seem interested in it, so I'll probably end up just waiting for the DVD. :(

You will then have to convice them, seriously, because this movie is really good, trust me. ;)

DeadFrazer
05-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Went to see it last night. Wasn't expecting much, the trailers I'd seen made it look pretty average. I have to say though it is a pretty good movie. The pacing is really good and the story kept me interested until the end.

Sambuca Queen
05-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Im not going to bother, its just Gladiator set in a forest in England. Maximus got lost and confused lolz XD

rvlution
05-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Doesn't look that interesting to me tbh. Might see it eventually though.

X monkfish69 X
05-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Nah, this looks boring from what I have seen of the trailers. Crowe looks fat as well.

Prince of Thieves this isn't. That will always be the best Robin Hood film IMO.

Who plays the Sheriff of Nottingham in this Crowe version ?

KFZ Scrubs
05-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Im not going to bother, its just Gladiator set in a forest in England. Maximus got lost and confused lolz XD
Haha.... yea. I never saw it.. but the reviews i heard about it from friends and other people.... is kind of mixed. People said it had a good story, but other people said it wasn't that good/met expectations. Me personally... the only part that interested me from the trailer was the one line...

"rise and rise again until lambs become lions"

I think that was it... it was awesome though

PerpetualHeaven
05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
A lot of criticism from people who haven't seen it. :P

KFZ Scrubs
05-17-2010, 03:13 PM
A lot of criticism from people who haven't seen it. :P
Mehhh... i haven't seen it yet..... ever since 9 though i really don't trust my instincts of watching movies before reading through tons of reviews....
damn you Coheed and Cambria for making the movie sound/look more epic than it actually was!!!!!1

Always Ready
05-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Yea i ended up seeing it last weekend it was pretty good.

Striderbuddy
05-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Has anyone seen the new Robin Hood ? I am going to it tonight and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it ?

You mean 'Gladiator' but set in medieval England, right?

elephantd
05-24-2010, 07:13 AM

No it's not like that.

I saw the movie with my gf, didn't know it was going to be a so long. She liked it alot, I liked it alot. Always fun to see a well-done mid-eveil movie.

xSeifer13x
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
I felt the same way about the film when I first heard about it. I get tired of reboots and remakes, however this time I ate my words. While I'm a fan or the "Prince of Thieves" version I found this new take on Robin Hood very refreshing.

I really enjoyed the story, character, and action. I felt it had a nice balance of everything not to drown the other aspects out.

Personally I feel you guys should check it out one way or another. I'd give it a 3.9/5 if I had to rate it.

Just remember, there have been far more worse re-tellings of this story.

GR1MNIR
05-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Despite what critics are saying I liked it. I thought it could have done better if they had done a hard R rated movie...but for a PG-13 flick it wasn't too shabby.

Tussell
05-25-2010, 05:31 AM
I've heard a lot of bashing for the film in general. Was nice to see some positive things about the film posted here.

I've been wanting to see it, but haven't been around to catch it just yet. A lot of people are saying 'Gladiator in Medieval Times' like it's a bad thing though. That sounds pretty fucking badass to me, as I really loved Gladiator.

RexDarr
05-27-2010, 01:14 AM
My girlfriend and I saw it, we both really enjoyed it. There arent many goofs (besides a few factual errors).
It is filled with comedy and action/adventure. You are either laughing or on the edge of your seat, or both. Amazing movie

B1GM13
05-27-2010, 07:28 AM
i saw it last night, and thought it was brilliant. i really really enjoyed it.

the casting for it was excellent. Friar Tuck & Little John in particular.

and something i didnt expect was the humour to it. only on occasion but some very witty 'funnies' in it.

and i doubt it will happen, but i would love to see them continue for a 2nd film, the actual robbing from the rich and giving to the poor aspect which it implied at the end of the film.

wishful thinking on my part i guess. but would love the seqeul with the same cast.

Snowwwwy
05-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Really wanto see this movie. It looks good and some people are saying its a good film. Who knows. Ill probably just download it :Bounce:

MikeBugslayer
05-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Cool movie in my opinion however there is plenty of errors in it's plot. Just look at this like on an action movie ;)

Lythiris
05-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I thought it was a cool movie. I actually studied that time period, so I already had in-depth knowledge of the characters. They messed up a fair bit of the details, but who's to say it wasn't intentional/didn't make it a better story? I dunno, I thought it was good.

Chemical Wings
06-01-2010, 09:53 PM
i saw it last night, and thought it was brilliant. i really really enjoyed it.

the casting for it was excellent. Friar Tuck & Little John in particular.

and something i didnt expect was the humour to it. only on occasion but some very witty 'funnies' in it.

and i doubt it will happen, but i would love to see them continue for a 2nd film, the actual robbing from the rich and giving to the poor aspect which it implied at the end of the film.

wishful thinking on my part i guess. but would love the seqeul with the same cast.

I love the actor that was playing Friar Tuck. I can't for the life of me remember his name right now, but he's been in a lot of stuff and is just great.

I choose to remain hopeful for a sequel. It'd be nice, but ya, it may just be wishful thinking. Boo.

Bearded Bugs
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
I was really disappointed by this film: I thought it was too cheesy all the way through (not in a cool way), and the huge battle scenes just didn't fit the whole Robin Hood thing IMO.