PDA

View Full Version : Dan trial #15

Kinky Buns
05-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Stand H Kick
Legendary Taunt
Haoh Gadoken

Everytime I try and go from H kick to the legendary taunt it ALWAYS uses his other special. I literally tried for an hour straight and never once got the taunt linked into the H kick. Anyone know why?

Dennoman
05-13-2010, 08:52 AM
His other special as in: his super or his ultra?

Tripbar
05-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Before hitting S.HK do a QCF motion, once the S.HK connects do the second and then FK+FP.

Didi Mau
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll bet any amount of money he means Hissho Buraiken rather than the ultra. Buns, do you happen to be using a standard controller, and if so are you using controller type B?

The standard controller makes legendary taunt much harder to perform because the triggers and bumpers dislike to go down in perfect synch even when it feels like they are. Controller Type B is harder to do than Type A because you're also using your hand that's inputting the fast directions, A is considerably easier but can still take a few attempts. What is truly easy however, is to switch Y to hp and X to hk for this trial- it's very easy to perform a legendary taunt using the face buttons, because they always go down in perfect synch.

As Tripbar says, it'll also help greatly if you buffer the first quarter circle into the s.hk so try QCF+RT, QCF+RT+RB, QCF QCF LT (with Type A), or the much easier QCF+RB, QCF+Y+X, QCF QCF+RT (with a customised Type B). Start buffering your ultra as soon as the freeze from the legendary taunt starts as well, because the combo into Ultra 2 is tighter than his old ultra.

One of the upsides to owning a stick is every button is a face button, you never really get an accidental Hissho Buraiken and can do these kinds of combos midmatch without the fear of messing up in such a punishable way. I used to play with Controller Type B when I had a pad, so my Dan was quite unflashy haha :p

Kinky Buns
05-13-2010, 02:31 PM
All right well first off. I'm a complete noob at this game, I just got it a few days ago lol. My controller button layout is Type A also. I know how to go into the ultra from legendary taunt, I never have trouble just doing those two together. I'll try what you suggest and see if it works out thanks =P

EDIT: Just tried it the way Tripbar suggested and did it first try, thanks lol

Tripbar
05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Yea no problem, we were all noobs at one time lol.