View Full Version : To those worried or disappointed in the DLC....READ THIS

05-13-2010, 06:52 AM
Here is the REAL Truth about the DLC Episodes and the games ending(no spoilers):

"Well, I'm sure that no matter what we put out, somebody's going to decide that it must be the real ending and it was cut from the game. At the risk of sounding snotty, all I can say is that if you play the game and seriously don't understand why that is the definite ending for that story, what the story arc you've just seen is, I don't know what if there's anything I can do for you...

Anyway, all I can say is what I've said a lot of times: what we're doing with the DLC is a separate thing, it's a little story of its own. You could skip that entirely and go right to Alan Wake 2, if we get to make it, and you'd be just fine. I'm not saying you wouldn't miss out on anything (because obviously we're not going to make something that meaningless). You would definitely miss out on a part of the whole Alan Wake experience. But it's not a huge plot twist that we've been saving just for the DLC. We didn't even start working on this thing until Alan Wake was finished. The DLC is something that people who really enjoy Alan Wake will probably appreciate, because it'll answer some questions and give them more stuff to play.

I have absolutely no doubt that nothing I say will convince some people that we aren't "selling them the ending" or whatever. What can I say?"

The final sentence is a hyperlink to a pretty funny pic. Go there and see yourself for a laugh.

ONE Word to all the people lying about the DLC...

YouTube- SHOOSH!!!!

Hope this helps those that are confused or believed the people making up things. I've seen plenty of poor souls fall into their lies and beleive it. This puts all those silly fears to rest.

05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Not worried about the DLC but all info on it is nice !

05-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Alan Wake add-on sees the light in July

Alan Wake won't be exploring the darkest corners of your Xbox until next week but developer Remedy has already announced via Twitter the release date for the game's first DLC episode: July 27.

... Or is it July 28, as seen on promotional dashboard show Sent U A Message host Daniel Maher's Twitter account? We're just as confused as you presumably are and have reached out to all parties (including Microsoft) to help us cast some light on things. Inconsistent release dates aside, users will be able to access the DLC through the included token download card packed in with all new copies of the game. No word yet on how much the DLC will cost those of you who go the used games route.

[Via XboxGaming]

05-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Love the game. My girlfriend loves watching me play. We play an episode every night, and she always gets mad at the ending of the episodes, wanting to see more.

I will definitely buy this DLC.