PDA

View Full Version : Separate Achievements?

AV0STEAR
05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I know it's a little early, but does anybody know if there will be separate achievements between the 360 version and the PC, like with Fallout 3. I haven't been able to find anything and am wondering if I should pre-order both, maybe Collector's for PC (10 dollars cheaper) and regular for 360.

Harry Lloyd
05-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Of course. You can see it's a Game for Windows LIVE game, so it'll have achievements as well.

I'll be getting the 360 version first, and then the PC version when a GotY/Complete edition comes out a year later or something, because I'm sure there'll be DLC.

DOOKH8R
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Of course. You can see it's a Game for Windows LIVE game, so it'll have achievements as well.

Not what he was asking. The question is whether the PC version will stack with 360 version. Way too early to be able to answer that though.

On a related note, wonder if they do stack, will PC version have the "~" code?

Harry Lloyd
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
And I answered that. Every GfW LIVE game has its own achievement list, and that won't change, at least not until they start implementing cross-platform multiplayer gaming between GfWL and XBL, and I don't think this'll happen soon.

You can order both if you want them at the same time, it's 100% certain.

DOOKH8R
05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
And I answered that. Every GfW LIVE game has its own achievement list, and that won't change, at least not until they start implementing cross-platform multiplayer gaming between GfWL and XBL, and I don't think this'll happen soon.

You can order both if you want them at the same time, it's 100% certain.

I don't think you are quite understanding the issue. While they do have achievements, not all GFWL have separate achievement lists, and therefore do not stack.
Check these threads for further information:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31059

Harry Lloyd
05-13-2010, 10:28 AM
"These games all have cross-platform play." And that's what, three games?

Isn't this what I said anyway? Games with this feature cannot have separate achievement lists. Fallout doesn't feature multiplayer, therefore achievements won't be stackable.

This is a pointless discussion, just as talking about EfLC having separate achievements was, although that was a different issue.

The Pants Party
05-13-2010, 12:37 PM
The game has indeed been confirmed for GFWL, and so long as they don't do anything funky, it will stack. As Harry mentioned, without any reason to be cross-platform (no multiplayer or co-op aspect), it will link with the 360 version, it will have its own Game ID and therefor its own achievement list.

Updated my FAQ today which I had not done in a while since the GFWL system is sorely underused. :/

mmartynn
05-18-2010, 08:25 PM
yh, chances are theyll be seperate achies if they add achies for PC version that is.

stickyganga
05-29-2010, 02:32 AM
I hope the game is GFWL, on the box art on Gamestop and other sites, I don't see any 'live'...

I don't care about it stacking, but I would love to play this game on the PC version (if I get a better computer before then). I always wanted to play Fallout / Oblivion on the PC but never could.

Besides I could save a whole whopping 10$ lol.

mundus6
06-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Now the real question is, can you have mods on the PC version and still get achievements? I got every achievement on my 360 version, but later when i got GOTY edition for PC, i noticed that you couldn't get achievements with mods and the only reason i got it for PC was mods, so i didn't get every achievement for PC since i wanted to play it with mods.

The Pants Party
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Mods: no. Console cheats: yes.

Numeric Ben
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
I have piles of mods on my PC version of Fallout (Steam version) and still get achievements.