PDA

View Full Version : For those on the fence as to whether to buy

puressenceuk
05-13-2010, 09:35 PM
A resounding YES from me. Apart from the Mass Effect series no game has gripped me like this one. Shame I could only play for a couple of hours tonight (damn you work!), but it's amazing. Remedy have really created a superb environment that sucks you in.

Will be a shame if this gets bad sales when yet another Madden/Fifa game will always sell millions.

The ltd edition is very nicely presented too.

JonnyNumber1
05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm on the fence about this game, will prob end up renting it out of Blockbuster:).

Music-My-Savior
05-13-2010, 10:43 PM
I think this game is superb. From the storyline to the game play I can't really fault it. If I were to muster a complaint, I'd probably say the 260+ collectables is by far just too many and can take away from the game-play a little as you're always trying to find them or follow the guide which because it isn't in order yet, makes the process all that more tedious. If you're not interested all that greatly in achievements or collecting the collectables you definitely won't have that problem.

Personally, I'm going through it now on Normal trying to collect as much as I can and noting what I've missed due to not being able to find them because I would love to 1000 this game. I'm sucking up the atmosphere and the storyline as I play through but feel that when I do my next play through on Nightmare that without having to get so many collectables I'll enjoy my experience much more.

I love the fact this game has an in-game counter of your stats that you can check by going to pause. I remember playing the Bourne game and thinking I wish every game had that and I can't remember a decent one that did between then and Alan Wake although a few have probably slipped my mind.

It's a great game and so far, has been well worth the wait. Not to mention it's not something you'll complete in a few hours. I got this game around 2 o'clock today and played it til 7:30 having only completed 2 episodes. Started again around 8:30 and have been playing til just now at 11:30 and have finished episode three. I'm not rushing through it, I'm exploring, ect and I guess I'm now half way through having spent a solid 7-8 hours on it. If the remaining three ( I think) chapters have the same amount of game play in it then you can't really go wrong. I'm just glad I'm not working this week, haha.

ponypo2001
05-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I think this game is superb. From the storyline to the game play I can't really fault it. If I were to muster a complaint, I'd probably say the 260+ collectables is by far just too many and can take away from the game-play a little as you're always trying to find them or follow the guide which because it isn't in order yet, makes the process all that more tedious. If you're not interested all that greatly in achievements or collecting the collectables you definitely won't have that problem.

Personally, I'm going through it now on Normal trying to collect as much as I can and noting what I've missed due to not being able to find them because I would love to 1000 this game. I'm sucking up the atmosphere and the storyline as I play through but feel that when I do my next play through on Nightmare that without having to get so many collectables I'll enjoy my experience much more.

I love the fact this game has an in-game counter of your stats that you can check by going to pause. I remember playing the Bourne game and thinking I wish every game had that and I can't remember a decent one that did between then and Alan Wake although a few have probably slipped my mind.

It's a great game and so far, has been well worth the wait. Not to mention it's not something you'll complete in a few hours. I got this game around 2 o'clock today and played it til 7:30 having only completed 2 episodes. Started again around 8:30 and have been playing til just now at 11:30 and have finished episode three. I'm not rushing through it, I'm exploring, ect and I guess I'm now half way through having spent a solid 7-8 hours on it. If the remaining three ( I think) chapters have the same amount of game play in it then you can't really go wrong. I'm just glad I'm not working this week, haha.

Agreed 100%. I've only done the first episode so far but it was exactly as I'd hoped for. The atmosphere is really sucking me in a lot. Like yourself, I'm in no rush to finish this so having the collectables means I get to explore a little more than I might have otherwise which in turn leads to some nice goodies. The LE too is one of the best deals I've ever had with content. Only cost me a fiver extra and it's loaded with excellent extras. I think I need to stop typing and start playing it again. Awesome game. BTW I fricking love the achievement pictures. Simple yet so damn effective.

XCVii 007
05-13-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm on the fence about this game, will prob end up renting it out of Blockbuster:).

That is a good call. It's what I would recommend.

daevv
05-14-2010, 04:37 AM
I bought my 360 especially for this game almost a year to the day when the game "officially" releases on May 18th. I have my pre-order paid in full!

~d