PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles etc question

gjury
05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
When playing through the game (i haven't started it yet) if you miss collectibles can you go back and play specific chapters to get ones you've missed or do you have to do it all in one playthrough?

Sorry if this has already been posted...

Gor1lla
05-13-2010, 10:32 PM
You can replay em.

Music-My-Savior
05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
You can replay it and what you've already collected stays collected meaning you can't collect it again.

The only way this doesn't happen is if you die after collecting something and it didn't save, you'll have to make sure you collect it again after dying. I found at the end of Episode 3, I picked up a collectable, died and it put me back to where I picked up the collectable before it instead - meaning I had to collect it again.

Generally though, if you don't die pretty soon after collecting it, it saves and stays collected which will make a mop up much easier.

True Marvellous
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Have to disagree with the if you die comment, as Ive died a few times after collecting thermos, signs and chests and the stats screen still shows the correct number.

Furthermore on checking the locations for the thermos they are no longer there, but chest do still appears closed and be collected again although they still remain counted in your stats.

Qavala
05-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Have to disagree with the if you die comment, as Ive died a few times after collecting thermos, signs and chests and the stats screen still shows the correct number.

Furthermore on checking the locations for the thermos they are no longer there, but chest do still appears closed and be collected again although they still remain counted in your stats.

This fellas right, as soon as you pick up a thermos or watch a tv etc it will save, next item you find, just check teh bottom left/right of your screen and you will see the save sign if I remember correctly.

At the end of ep1 I got one of the thermos that was way out on the road and tehn was attacked by like 6 taken and I died. I checked my stats to see how many coffees I had, so i ran back and collected it again and teh stats stayed the same. So, here's a tip, don't wast your ammo if you get attacked after finding the very hidden items. :) This game is incredible, alot of collectables though, but at least most of them are helpful/contribute to the story! :)

True Marvellous
05-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Following on from my last post, everything collected will stay collected in your stats page.

However ,Pages, Can Pyramids, Chests, TV & Radios will physically appear again in game , Thermos Flasks never reappear again.

Raikirix
05-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know if this counts for more difficult playthroughs?

I mean, I just finished it on normal and I missed a few collectibles. Can I play on Hard (or even better, Nightmare) and find only the missing collectables, or does playing on a higher difficulty mean I have to find them all over again?

Do the collectibles I did get disappear forever and thus, will every collectable I find from now on, be one I missed?:)

Syrette
05-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Ah excellent.

I'm missing a coffee thermos, and I know where it is and in what chapter.

I was worried about going back to said chapter in case it overwrote any of my ongoing progress/statistics, but I guess I've nothing to worry about.

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Missing 7 thermoses.. I got no clue as to where they are D:

Marriott
05-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know if this counts for more difficult playthroughs?

I mean, I just finished it on normal and I missed a few collectibles. Can I play on Hard (or even better, Nightmare) and find only the missing collectables, or does playing on a higher difficulty mean I have to find them all over again?

Do the collectibles I did get disappear forever and thus, will every collectable I find from now on, be one I missed?:)

I'm wondering this as well. I would like to find all the manuscript pages etc. and some can only be obtainable i Nightmare mode. It would suck if you had to collect everything again on Hard/Nightmare.