PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Canceled?!

rvlution
05-13-2010, 10:55 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704667/Discussion-Is-Heroes-Done.html

Sure, the series has definitely declined but it was showing promise. Thoughts?

HarperBird
05-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Would agree that seasons 2 and 3 weren't that great but i felt season 4 really picked up and i started to enjoy it again!

Hopefully they will let it have a final season so at least it can answer unanswered questions from the previous seasons but knowing TV networks they will probably cancel it as they think more about the money then the fans!

Mores3
05-13-2010, 11:24 PM
It was definitely in a decline.

I hope some cable network picks it up though.

hannar__x
05-14-2010, 12:36 AM
I read somewhere that a tv movie/mini series were in talks to wrap up the story arcs. Will provide link when I remember where I read this.

However, I found the ending of Season 4 to be the perfect way to end it. Enough was wrapped up in case of cancellation, but there was room to work in continuations.

rvlution
05-15-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm disappointed at the lack of concern lol

SynysterChris
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I hope they don't cancel Heroes. I watched the show all the time, it was always a some thing to look forward to, too see if they would actually make it better. To me the 3rd season is what really killed it the whole rounding up supers was stupid. Also nerfing Peter and Hiro was a dick move by the writers so to me thats what killed it. Also the fact that not one person put on tights and starting doing superhero stuff was also kind of a let down. So here is hoping season 5 makes it and they give Peter and Hiro there abilities back. Not that it really matter's anymore with Sylar being a good guy now and all.

rvlution
05-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Heard they actually canceled it... No link though. It's a trending topic on Twitter.

Minty
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20100515/%E2%80%98heroes%E2%80%99-canceled-by-nbc-another-show-falls/

Looks like they'll do a couple of specials to finish. Such a shame, as season 1 was one of the best seasons of tv. The writers strike killed the show.

KFZ Scrubs
05-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Yea, i just heard about it too.. that'd they'd stop it mid season. What a shame.... it was a pretty good show.

Schryke
05-17-2010, 06:42 AM
I used to love the show, but I lost interest mid-way through this last season.

still sad to see it go.

HarperBird
05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Will be a shame to see this go! God damn u writers why did u need more money its because of you guys tht Heroes got cancelled...

Will miss Sylar he was such a kick ass character especially in the last 2 seasons!

FFFreak1129
05-17-2010, 10:46 AM
I liked the show but then I don't know I just lost interest in it. Sucks to see it go hopefully they wrap up the storylines. I hate it when they end it and you don't know what happens with the characters or anything.

Iconoclast
05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Heroes seemed a lot like Lost to me...the first season was great, but I started losing interest after that. Now I don't watch either one of them anymore because the storylines are so convoluted.

I agree that the writer's strike played a huge role in a lot of these shows going downhill, though. It's a shame it had to happen, otherwise some of the better ones that got canned early on might still be around and the ones we have now would probably be a whole lot better period.

McEng78
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Heroes seemed a lot like Lost to me...the first season was great, but I started losing interest after that. Now I don't watch either one of them anymore because the storylines are so convoluted.

Lost ended up getting good again about half way through the third season. Heroes didn't. Like everyone else, I loved the first season but it went downhill fast after that. I tried to keep watching it but I found that I would end up with almost a full season recorded on my PVR and when I would sit down to watch a recorded show, I would always watch something else. Such a shame. So much potential.

McE

BedCommando
05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Good, another boring primetime show is cancelled. More of these need to be canned.

Deadly Moves
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
1st 24! Now Heroes could be gone?! :(
Theres gonna be nothing good on the telly box anymore. Just shitty shows like Desperate housewifes, House and CSI

sweatdog
05-17-2010, 04:07 PM
The show had a great first season and I continued to watch hoping it would get great again. There was constant reports that they've made changes, and hoping to get back to the type of show they did in the first season. At it's best, this show was one of the best on TV, but unfortunately it rarely reached this level since season 1. Part of me wants them to cancel, because I know I'll start watching it again in the hopes that the show will improve, and I sort of watched it out of habit. If they bring it back, and it continues to just (barely) be good enough for me to watch it, I'll be more disappointed than if they just let it end now.

Iconoclast
05-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Theres gonna be nothing good on the telly box anymore. Just shitty shows like Desperate housewifes, House and CSI

While I can't say I'm a huge fan of Heroes, I agree 100% with the rest of this post.

atlking300
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
it was a great show at the start.......but here lately.....not so much!!

Br0kenAssass1n
05-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Yeah, because Heroes is sooooo much better than House. :rolleyes:

Heroes has and will continue to be shit, and the only good series was the first. After that it went drastically downhill, and turned into a poor man's superhero show, with shitty actors and even worse plot lines.

CodSteaks
05-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I watched the first two seasons pretty religiously, but I did think they ended the second season pretty poorly. I think that was right before the strike. It was like you could tell they had more they wanted to do, but had to wrap it up prematurely and it ended up feeling really forced. I didn't watch the third season when it was on regular broadcast, and still haven't finished it on DVD. I don't think it's horrible, but it hasn't totally sucked me in again like the first season did. Haven't watched anything beyond that, but I probably will, so I hope they can end it well.

Louis BCFC1875
05-17-2010, 09:04 PM
It dosen't surpise me, i mean, the show declined after season 1, i do agree that season 4 was better though, ashame flash got cancelled, it's a good show, just don't know what cud happen after Apr. 29th.

Oh well, 24 also had to end, seasons 1-5 were where it was best, still plenty of other good shows out there...TBBT, HIMYM, Chuck, Entourage, Smalls...

crazy W01f 816
05-17-2010, 09:08 PM
It's like every other show on NBC. Good 1st season with shitty consecutive seasons.

rvlution
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
I loved Sylar's character. Up until he killed a certain lady though. After that I was kinda iffy on him and then the last season ruined him for me.

DarthSoth
05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Too bad if they cancell the show but I think that some tv movies for it would be fantastic. Even a shortened 13 episode final season would be great. So long as they don't pull a V and split try to streach a 13 episode stint into a full season thing. That would suck.

kdevine126
05-18-2010, 09:36 PM
The first two seasons were great but I really felt that the show went downhill rather rapidly after the writers guild strike. Better to end it now before the series completely jumps the shark.

DarthSoth
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
That god damn writers strike killed a few shows. But Heroes really took it on the nose. The whole season was scrapped late and they were forced to wrap up a season's worth of story threads prematurely.

Miasma
05-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I rarely watch tv anymore, but it seems like everything I watch gets cancelled haha.

DarthSoth
05-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I rarely watch tv anymore, but it seems like everything I watch gets cancelled haha.

I know what you mean. I'm almost afraid to start watching new shows becuase it seems like whenever I do that I'll end up really liking the show and they just cancel it. *cough*Journeyman*caugh*

kdevine126
05-18-2010, 11:36 PM
That god damn writers strike killed a few shows. But Heroes really took it on the nose. The whole season was scrapped late and they were forced to wrap up a season's worth of story threads prematurely.

The second season started out with a lot of promise but the strike really did devastate the major threads that that been building up. Sadly the show never bothered to really tie up any of those things in the latter seasons. I never bothered to really check but it wouldnt surprise me if a new team of writers were brought in after the strike ended.

Jemocasa
05-19-2010, 02:16 AM
I can't say I'm sad to see it go. It was pretty crap after the first season.

mickspawn
05-19-2010, 03:42 AM
shows are dropping like flies these days and not really much coming out to replace them.
24, Lost, Prison Break, Flashforward along with tons of others

Louis BCFC1875
05-19-2010, 10:54 AM
shows are dropping like flies these days and not really much coming out to replace them.

Tbf Prison Break ended like two years ago after four seasons,

Lost been going on for 6 and 24, 8.

dirge
05-19-2010, 11:26 AM
I loved it at first but it has been getting worse and worse, the last series was terrible with that carnival lark.

McEng78
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM

I'm actually ok with that. I have too many shows to record and try to catch up on during the weekends as it is. I'll miss Lost and 24 but that's time that can be better spent gaming so I'm not too upset.

McE

sherv
05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I loved it at first but it has been getting worse and worse, the last series was terrible with that carnival lark.

This. Exactly.

iBlessing 09
05-25-2010, 04:51 PM
This is the best program ever, cancel this and you're going to be canceling my heart.

Juzt Skillz
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I wasn't really that interested in this show. But a know a couple of people that were r.i.p Heroes.

KidDivinegon
05-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Once the second season aired and basically destroyed the whole series, there was no recovery. They said every season after two was supposed to pick the show back up and it never did. I say good riddance.

SynysterChris
05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I realise the show has been going down hill for a while now its just sad to see it go. No matter how bad it got I always looked forward to see the next episode. So here's to you HEROES, and hopefully one more season, with a movie finish.

ZenTellah
05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I absolutely loved this show until the last episode of season 1. From that episode on, it was a constant stream of disappointment. I think my expectations were just too high for the first season finale. The writing just went to pot for the rest of it.

SALT1R3
06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah after Season One it plummeted badly. Didnt really know why I kept watching it lol!

iJon72
06-02-2010, 08:43 PM
they didnt promote it enough, they advertised alot heroes 1 and i watched it and enjoyed it and series 2 was good. but series 3 i never knew was on, although if i did i would have watched it.

Louis BCFC1875
06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
they didnt promote it enough, they advertised alot heroes 1 and i watched it and enjoyed it and series 2 was good. but series 3 i never knew was on, although if i did i would have watched it. Can't rely on adverts, gotta find these things out yourself.

360fanman
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Alot of shows have been canceled recently. Law and Order, Scrubs, and now Heroes. It's just because the ratings are going down because it's basically the same thing every episode. For Law and Order it's investigation for the same stuff normally, and Scrubs normally has the same jokes.

SLERDY
06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I was a huge HEROES fan but it just started to suck after the first season.

SuperstarDJ2084
06-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I really can't say im surprised at this, the show was going down hill half way season 2 and when the strike hit, it had a massive affect on the show its self.

SynysterChris
06-13-2010, 12:55 AM
My friend told me they are wrapping the show up in a mini series now. So I hope she's right because that's better than nothing.

MATH3W MAGNUM77
07-05-2010, 01:37 PM
no.. its done and gone.. its a right shame but im guessing they had nowhere left to go after the last season and the 'truth will set u free' ending

Cpt_Tripps
07-08-2010, 05:57 AM
That show was great, yes, there was some rough spots, but I think when you have a show that is a serial like that, The TV stations should some a bit of respect to their dedicated audience and give them at least a 4 episode special to wrap it up. Like what about all that future stuff?

Syler for president! woot!

SynysterChris
07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
no.. its done and gone.. its a right shame but im guessing they had nowhere left to go after the last season and the 'truth will set u free' ending

I think they had places left to go its just laziness on their part, that they didn't want to continue the time travel aspect of the show. Which was mainly the reason the show went downhill. And their blatant disregard for following up characters paths in the show. Or just things that were suppose to happen, and getting rid of powers is like WTF slapping all the shows fans in the face.

That show was great, yes, there was some rough spots, but I think when you have a show that is a serial like that, The TV stations should some a bit of respect to their dedicated audience and give them at least a 4 episode special to wrap it up. Like what about all that future stuff?

Syler for president! woot!

I agree they should rap the show up in a couple 2 hours specials or one last season, I would hope its just to see what the general public does about people with powers. And show where everyone is and whats happening to them in say a few months or years from the end of last season.

MundyGG
07-18-2010, 09:50 PM
does any one know if they have confirmed a tv movie or special ep

Darth Trom
07-20-2010, 03:11 AM
Season 1 was great. I loved the X-men quality behind it all but never wearing spandex. The other seasons were good, but when you watch from week to week, it is easy to get lost in the story line of who was fighting who.

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 03:38 AM
Its about time, shows been going downhill since season 2

Mariner Mike 75
08-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Sad to hear but it doesn't surprise me one bit. The networks donít care about the fans, unless if there is enough of them to demand high commercial ads prices.

rvlution
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I saw some other superhero show coming to another network but it looks like crap. It's a superhero family thing.

SynysterChris
08-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I saw some other superhero show coming to another network but it looks like crap. It's a superhero family thing.

Are you talking about The Cape? Where the dad who is a cop is framed to be the bad guy then fights back as a masked comic hero. Who is also the comic that he reads to his son. If that's what your talking about I might watch looks interesting but I think that story line is played out a bit.

At least it will be something to watch until Chuck comes on, that is if it's on before Chuck.

cjpro333
08-04-2010, 05:06 AM
lol heroes was long overdue for an ending. It seems these days people watch whatever is popular on TV, so sad.

rvlution
08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Are you talking about The Cape? Where the dad who is a cop is framed to be the bad guy then fights back as a masked comic hero. Who is also the comic that he reads to his son. If that's what your talking about I might watch looks interesting but I think that story line is played out a bit.

At least it will be something to watch until Chuck comes on, that is if it's on before Chuck.

No, that sounds better than the thing I saw. The show I saw a preview for was a whole family that was superheroes.

SynysterChris
08-06-2010, 01:39 AM
No, that sounds better than the thing I saw. The show I saw a preview for was a whole family that was superheroes.

Sounds like that movie Sky High, but after the son gets powers. LOL, though Curt Russell as a Super Hero was awesome.

mrszeeeze
08-06-2010, 11:27 PM
I stopped watching Heroes in season three. I really lost interest in it and it seemed like it was just getting... a little weak, I suppose. It started out with a lot of promise but maybe it's good they go out on a bang instead of letting it drag out for another season.

rvlution
08-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Sounds like that movie Sky High, but after the son gets powers. LOL, though Curt Russell as a Super Hero was awesome.

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it lol.

It's called No Ordinary Family btw. Had to search for it.

SynysterChris
08-08-2010, 05:08 AM
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it lol.

It's called No Ordinary Family btw. Had to search for it.

Was it good, I might check it out.

So I really would hope they would do something else with Heroes. Or at least a whats going on in like 3 years or something.

IanAHD
09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
I loved the mystery that surrounded Sylar in the 1st season kept me hooked in but Bipola/Emo Sylar put me off completely also I was expecting a BIG showdown at end of season 4 but it was a big let down.

XxBlueSpade2xX
09-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I really like this show, but they were muddling the waters with so many characters. Then they started killing them off, or just left the storyline behind.

iBlessing 09
09-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't know why this is being cancelled, surely there's other shows that get a lot less views than Heroes?