PDA

View Full Version : NewsRadio

MelangeAddict
05-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Or that show Joe Rogan was on before Fear Factor.

Just started watching the seasons on Netflix Instant because I only got to see a few eps back in the day and think it's pretty good.

Anyone else remember this show or was a fan of it?

Herr Shaun
05-16-2010, 06:26 PM
I absolutely loved this show during high school. I'd put it on before bed and have a great time watching it. I much prefer that cast to that of The Office.

It's also the only thing Andy Dick has been in where he's tolerable. :P

Schryke
05-17-2010, 06:40 AM
I used to watch it all the time, it went downhill when Phil Hartman died. Jon Lovitz is good in some things I just didn't like his character on that, especially compared to Hartman's

Capn Doug
05-17-2010, 07:23 AM
One of those great comedies that never really found a proper audience. I did watch it almost every week when it was on, couldn't get enough of it, though the John Lovitz year was good, it paled in comparison to the Phil Hartman years. They could have just ended it when Hartman died, but it would have seemed, simply unfinished. I remember it had a habit of stripping out the unnecessary parts of a joke and just getting right to it. You don't need the massive build up, get down to essentials.

CodSteaks
05-17-2010, 09:29 PM
One of the best sitcoms ever, in my opinion. At least the Phil Hartman seasons. I agree it would have felt unfinished if they'd ended it after he died, but at least it would have ended on an upnote. I can't stand Lovitz.

PhoCarrot
05-18-2010, 08:34 AM
I just started watching it after Netflix suggested it to me. It's good so far! I'm kind of surprised I haven't even heard of it before now.

DarthSoth
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Kids in the Hall and SNL alumni unite! News Radio was so good. And the show was done when Hartman's Wife murdered him. She killed a great comedian and the show at the same time. You look at the cast and pretty much everyone is recognizable today.

MelangeAddict
05-19-2010, 01:40 AM
I must have stopped watching before Lovitz came on because I don't remember him at all. Netflix only had the first three seasons with the last episode of the third season being the space one.

Schryke
05-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Lovitz took over in the fifth season

DOOKH8R
05-20-2010, 04:16 AM
NewsRadio was great. Dace Foley and the rest of the cast was so awesome. I guess I am a bit partial, and am probably obligated to say so (or suffer the consequences) I love Vicki Lewis.

i m redshark
05-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I used to catch reruns during the day back when I was in school. The cast was amazing, Stephen Root, Joe Rogan, Andy Dick, Dave Foley, Phil Hartman (RIP), among many others, I may have to try and find it again or start buying the seasons on DVD

Postmodernmartyr
05-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Hands down one of top ten favorite sitcoms ever... what a cast!!!

Postmodernmartyr
05-24-2010, 02:00 AM
I must have stopped watching before Lovitz came on because I don't remember him at all. Netflix only had the first three seasons with the last episode of the third season being the space one.
Lovitz guest starred on two different episodes as 2 different characters before they brought him on to replace Phil Hartman for season 5... as the third different character he played on the show...