PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Question

I X I Shock I
05-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Alright, first off, yes I will be getting it once it comes out. But is it actually as scary as it's led up to be? I'm planning on playing only at night, on a good HD t.v, with surround sound. Now, will it be a good scary game?

If not, then I will be playing it at all times of the day, but if it's worth it, then night only.

xTMDxMorbidDead
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM
All i can suggest from my time playing is the experience i had below;

Was playing the game for the first time last night speakers up even the neighbours could hear and one part i felt like a complete ass, as i was turning round i heard running footsteps and then by the time i was already all the way round some dude was in my face swinging his arms with an sythe (i think thats how its spelled lol), i actually had to pause the game for a minute take a deep breath and then carry on, just absolutely crapped myself lol, so far thats the only time i've been caught out, the game is very intense though, keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time!

BlindxLink
05-14-2010, 07:52 AM
I think if you play in the dark and with sound up, some parts can sneak up on you and spook you. It's not really a game MADE to scare you, like FEAR, or Dead Space.

You could always hide sunlight and sit in the dark if you want to play any time. :P

Razzb3rrys
05-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I think it's more funny than scary, the way they jump out at you with completely random dialogue about camping equipment and taking your vitamins, makes no sense at all lol

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
It's not scary unless you are easily frightened. Not as bad as F.e.a.r.

Music-My-Savior
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
I've not been scared many times to be honest with you, but I'm not disappointed by that because I think it tries to build up a eerie atmosphere and succeeds very well. I'm not sure it aims for horror being that when enemies materialize, it actually slow mo shows you and if there was an intent for out-right horror then they perhaps wouldn't.

Either way, I think the game is classed a horror thriller but most of the horror comes from the reality of whats happening to and around the character where as the thriller is him trying to figure out what's happening and why. I don't think the horror is jump out in your face BLAM horror like Dead Space and it doesn't really aim for that.

I X I Shock I
05-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be an outright horror where every corner you take you have to check to make sure your heart didn't stop.

So let me get this straight, it's not really a scary game, more of one that the eerie atmosphere leaves you spooked?