PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone preorder with Tesco Entertainment?

skribla
05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
I've only used Tesco Direct once before, to preorder a game. They were pretty decent.

But did anyone use them for this? If so did you get your game early or anything - I'm thinking of preordering some other games with them but wondered what they're like. I was going to ask my mate, who preordered Alan Wake from them but he only found out today (when he checked his email) that his payment didn't go through properly and now has to go to the shops and get it.

Bulldog LXXIII
05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Never used Tesco apart from to walk in and pick up a game at the time. But not a good experience for your friend.

I used to use Gameplay.co.uk but then they starting cocking up my orders even sending me the wrong format of game.

Last time was with AVP -- wanted a 360 copy -- got sent a PS3 version. Sent it back with "don't play on PS3"... only for the dozy buggers to send me an apology and here have a game on us which turned out to be another soddin PS3 game.

__ ahem

I mostly just pre-order from GAME now to collect in store and have just lost... the getting it a day early bonus I used to get from Gameplay.

Jabbawocky
05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
No I ordered with HMV and got it a day early.

silencedlight
05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Tesco has been good for me but only on games that have already been in stock, no preorders. I usually got them a couple of days after ordering them, even having one come on the monday even though I ordered on saturday.

Also...
My sister had a funny incident with gameplay too, she preordered halo odst, you can't get that platform mixed up, its 360 only. They sent her halo 3 though, altho true enough another 360 exclusive.
I had to laugh as I was (previous to opening) annoyed that mine didn't arrive, and now neither did hers and it wouldn't for at least another week (They sent her Fallout as a gift, something she had already got. from gameplay. two weeks prior.).

falviousuk
05-15-2010, 12:20 AM
I had Alan Wake and RDR on pre-order with Tesco. But AW still hadnt been dispatched by thursday evening, so cancelled both pre-orders and went up to the shop today (Friday) to buy AW instead. Wont be using them again.

Quickdraw
05-15-2010, 07:57 AM
I've only used Tesco Direct once before, to preorder a game. They were pretty decent.

But did anyone use them for this? If so did you get your game early or anything - I'm thinking of preordering some other games with them but wondered what they're like. I was going to ask my mate, who preordered Alan Wake from them but he only found out today (when he checked his email) that his payment didn't go through properly and now has to go to the shops and get it.

id always go with a proper game shop, not some addon to a current shop, prolly not alot cheaper or anything. ive been getting mine from game or shopto and sometimes hmv. most of them by now ive been getting them one day early. so those are my options for wow cata collectors edit, if they fail me getting that one day early, they wont get my buying anymore, and thats alot of lost money :O.

skribla
05-15-2010, 10:24 AM
id always go with a proper game shop, not some addon to a current shop, prolly not alot cheaper or anything. ive been getting mine from game or shopto and sometimes hmv. most of them by now ive been getting them one day early. so those are my options for wow cata collectors edit, if they fail me getting that one day early, they wont get my buying anymore, and thats alot of lost money :O.

Yeah, I'm not too bothered about having the game on release day as I have something going on during Monday I won't have much of a chance to play - unless it comes Thurs. It's 28 with them too, dont really want to pay 7 more to get the game a day earlier. Just dont want to be waiting ages for it either