PDA

View Full Version : Should i get this game?

ilold
05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
I can tell the combat and graphics are bad, but i can get past that if...

there is good replayability, great story, great soundtrack.

im not sure whether i should pick this up.

share your opinions on this game on why i should/should not pick NIER up.

thanks in advance!

ODiN
05-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Ok, IMO

Nier has a GREAT soundtrack!

Has 4 different endings, so Yeah I guess replaying it a good option.

I suggest a rent before you buy, Nier requires ALOT of patience & time in order to get 1000g.

Upgrading weapons is VERY time consuming.

I love the game, Clocked up almost 60hrs ATM & am probly looking at another 15-20.

If you don't intend of gettin all the achievements Nier could quite possibly be a short game.

So0o0o Yeah, I'd say Rent before Buy.

I X I Shock I
05-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Have to agree with almost everything ODiN said. I've clocked nearly 50 hours so far, getting annoyed with hunting for materials finally, but meh, other than that, the game is actuallyy really great. Has an awesome story to it.

Jim Auh Thee
05-14-2010, 10:50 PM
yeah this game looks sick imma wait till the price goes down

Mr Waggy
05-15-2010, 01:44 AM
It'll be worth it for sure when it's cheaper, say 10-20.

Ragnadaam
05-15-2010, 06:26 AM
I played a demo for Nier I got off of the japanese XBL marketplace(luckily I didn't need a gold account :D),and it was fun IMO.Oddly enough the Japanese demo had the english voices,that suggest to me that one will be released on the western marketplaces eventually.
The combat isn't so bad,only problems I had with it were the camera.I'll be picking it up after I'm done with Alan Wake.I suggest if you're on the fence wait for a demo to be released on teh marketplace.
Edit:Also the demo is mostly combat,so teh exploring and puzzle elements are reserved for the full game.

The Destroyernatorer
05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
I got it for 17ish off of amazon, brand new. I was made up. Turns out the game is rather excellent too. I have a feeling this will be the most underated game of the year.

ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com
06-14-2010, 03:18 AM
its a good game, lots of quests lots of weapons a fishing mini like game. not a very big game but 4 endings and everything carries over.