PDA

View Full Version : The DLC Is too hard?

True I Skill
05-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I did the first 3 fine, But im having trouble with both mother ship Zeta and point lookout... Mothership zeta i went half way through then gave up as i think i made a mistake on the audio logs and it was getting boring, i had ran out of health and was struggling in every fight, so i loaded my last save.

Im now on level 20 and decided to do Point lookout and again it just feels so hard, i only got into the mansion and started fighting the Tribals they take my health down very quickly i used about 30 stipnaks by the time i got to the second floor, and they took so long to kill, I only brought a combat shotgun and a chinese assault rifle with me as i thought i'd be able to use the guns i find in the DLC, but the guns i find all have to be reloaded after every shot.

Do i just suck at the game or is this normal? I do fine in the wastelands But with these 2 dlc's i get owned really quickly, Any suggestions on guns to take, or how to approach it? I use V.A.T.S on them but my guy always shoots besides there head. So any suggestions please on how to make it a little more easyer? anything else other than changing the difficaulty?

Also i didnt post this in one of the DLC Forums as it was for both DLC's and not just one.

Volzagia
05-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Turn the difficulty down.

Shinobi273
05-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Bring the chinese stealth armor and a deathclaw gauntlet and/or Lincoln's repeater and/or terrible shotgun.

True I Skill
05-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Bring the chinese stealth armor and a deathclaw gauntlet and/or Lincoln's repeater and/or terrible shotgun.

Thanks il give that a go. Is it one hit with the sneak attack hitting them with a deathclaw Gauntlet?

I wasnt taking much because i always like to have alot of space to Pick up stuff from new places i visit.

Vault Boy
05-14-2010, 11:23 PM
I couldnt tell you what to due in Point Lookout, because I did it with Level 30

BadBoyKillah89
05-15-2010, 12:35 AM
The Metal Blaster from The Pitt (for collecting 50 steel ingots I believe) will destroy the enemies from PL & Zeta. I really love that laser rifle, worked out great for me.

DOOKH8R
05-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Tesla Cannon is fun to use on Aliens

Shinobi273
05-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks il give that a go. Is it one hit with the sneak attack hitting them with a deathclaw Gauntlet?

I wasnt taking much because i always like to have alot of space to Pick up stuff from new places i visit.

Use the stealth armor hockey mask glitch to get hundreds of unarmed skill points. Depending on your perks or times you do this, this could be enough to one hit supermutant overlords. You need stealth armor and 2 hockey masks with the same durability. While wearing stealth armor, equip the hockey masks one on top the other. The unarmed skill bonus will continue to accumulate. Use the pipboy effects page to check how much the bonus is. If you need more damage, do it more times for more points. Unequipping the armor resets the glitch.

You can take lots of stuff back by storing things in the ship footlocker. Just fill it up and it will travel with the ship back to the DC Wasteland.

Horwitz
05-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Not at all. They all work very well for me.

Ethereal235
05-16-2010, 07:11 PM
The cheapest thing to do is use the Chinese Stealth Suit and the Shiskebob, along with the pyromaniac/ninja perks. Sneak attacks will kill almost anything, and the fire damage will usually handle the rest. Another option is the Metal Blaster; since it shoots several beams, the critical hits stack in an odd way, so it's pretty effective. It's pretty good outside of sneak, too, especially if you have good luck and some perks that boost criticals.

Snargaflab
05-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Not at all. They all work very well for me.

I'm with this guy. I'm a big fan of vats head shots with the concentrated fire and the other perk that puts up your chances in vats with medium guns.