PDA

View Full Version : Recommended starting difficulty?

CrossFireZX5
05-15-2010, 03:47 AM
thread title. Oh yes, I was also wondering if the difficulty achievements stack and if the collectibles/achievements progress carry over from playthrough to playthrough.

xDante1986
05-15-2010, 04:47 AM
You must play game twice....first for unlocking nightmare and then finish it again on nightmare...first play it on normal and yes collectibles carry over to the next play

Trash Man
05-15-2010, 06:40 AM
I've started on hard and it's not hard in the slightest yet. I'm on episode 5.

Good to hear the collectibles carry over though.

Quickdraw
05-15-2010, 07:20 AM
I've started on hard and it's not hard in the slightest yet. I'm on episode 5.

Good to hear the collectibles carry over though.

it would be a pain if that didn't, ive seen worst collectable achievements. i did it on normal just so i could get a feel for it. so next is nightmare, i didnt figure the difficulty would be that much highier in total.

was planning on w8ing for a collectable guide b4 doing it but i may just rerun it anyway and speed it while its fresh in my mind.

Ozbaab
05-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Playing on hard, it's a challange sure, but nothing near impossible.

MALDUNE
05-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Playing it on hard there wouldnt be much differance in the 2 its only nightmare theres less ammo and it takes more shots to kill!! id recommend u switch to hard everything carrys over so theres no loss there and from pplaying it i can say i will play it again in nightmare mode!!

hydroxyde
05-15-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm playing on Normal, which I think means "Ridiculous". I keep dying on the first boss, too many guys with axes.
I'm a normal person, not some super-human games playing machine.
Easy difficulty in a patch, please.

Belevorn
05-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I finished the game on normal and now I'm playing on hard. To be honest I don't see many differences between both, but I guess starting in normal to get used to the controls is the best option. Once you get used... if you think normal is too easy move to hard.
Honestly... after beating the game in normal I find hard... rather easy. I hope nightmare will be really hard :woop:

wolvieware
05-16-2010, 01:21 AM
I picked hard. As Normal is the lowest option, I assumed that meant it was effectively "easy" in terms of its difficulty, with hard being the normal setting, thanks to the Nightmare mode. If they had an easy as well, I wouldn't have thought that.

trayman
05-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Sorry for offtopic - can we see in options how many, and what collectibles were missed on each chapter? (Like in Gears of War 2 for example)

Trash Man
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry for offtopic - can we see in options how many, and what collectibles were missed on each chapter? (Like in Gears of War 2 for example)

You can see which manuscript pages you are missing on each level but I don't think there are any stats for the other items.

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Yea you can't see what collectibles you're missing on each chapter, only the manuscripts. I miss 7 thermoses, some signs and some other stuff. No idea where they are D:
So I pretty much have to replay the entire game, looking for these one more time.

trublustuuk
05-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm playing on Normal, which I think means "Ridiculous". I keep dying on the first boss, too many guys with axes.
I'm a normal person, not some super-human games playing machine.
Easy difficulty in a patch, please.
That the part in the loggers cabin? Didn't find it that hard tbh and I'm like you, not really a gamer machine, just play for fun :)

Game seems easy for me although I'm on normal and only got to the second chapter,gonna give it another blast later but it seems easy at the moment.

Kryptech
05-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I hope its not too hard on nightmare. Im sure it cant be anything like Crushing on Uncharted.