PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else has glitched achievments?

NAVI1212
05-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Just a little problem i have. I started the game yesterday and a few Achievements did not pop up and i now i had them because i alrdeay killed 30 taken with the car so i restarted my Xbox and after i loaded Alana Wake i got 3 Achievemnts in a row

Back! Back, I Say!
Right of Way
Paging Mr. Wake

Now i have the next problem i did found till now 9 hidden chests (shows the stats screen) but the achievement for finding 5 hidden chests Finders Keepers did not pop up. Already restarted my box and also cleared my cache. Any suggestions?

Because if the first one will not pop up for the chests i guess the one for finding all the chests Every Nook and Cranny will also not pop up :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cheers

xDante1986
05-15-2010, 08:54 AM
or both achievement pop up at same time, today i finished game and get both achievement for hidden chest

NAVI1212
05-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Great you made my day. Pretty strange then.
So it is a little glitched on the achievemnts but if the pop up in the end it is ok for me.

Cheers

xDante1986
05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
For me none achievement glitch now I have 41 of 50 achievement and 720/1000G and none achievement glitch

wolvieware
05-16-2010, 01:22 AM
I found the achievement for dodging an attack took ages to pop, even though I had seen the "cinematic action" or slowdown scene many times. It happened about ten times before I got the achievement.

Ozbaab
05-16-2010, 04:05 AM
No achievement glitched for me..

DeadOnArrival19
05-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Float Like a Butterfly - Perform a cinematic dodge and Missed by a Mile are both not popping for me, i have probable done 75 of these slo mo's and still not unlocking, anyone else had any probs with this one....

futureshock666
05-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Float Like a Butterfly - Perform a cinematic dodge and Missed by a Mile are both not popping for me, i have probable done 75 of these slo mo's and still not unlocking, anyone else had any probs with this one....

Float like a butterfly was the 2nd achievement i earned on it right at the beginning of the game, can't understand why it hasn't unlocked for you.

Roberoo
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
'Back! Back I say!'

Have you used the flare to drive away enemies when in low health (black & white screen)?

mundus6
05-17-2010, 09:38 PM
My old Xbox RROD and my gamerstag was on the memory unit. I got a new Xbox 360 now and i didn't have to restart the game since my save was on the hard drive. Now i have to redo all the achievements, since i didn't play it with the cable plugged as i don't have any internet at my new apartment yet. But thats not a problem, i was planning on playing it through 2 more times (once on hard and once on nightmare).

The real problem is that some of the achievements i have already unlocked wont unlock again. I can't unlock the dodge achievements no matter how many times i dodge. Also i have 100 kills with the revolver and more than 25 pages and 25 coffee thermoses so those achievements wont unlock for me. If i could reset statistics, i guess this wouldn't be a problem but even if i remove my save, the statistics are sill there.

Any ideas on how i could get the achievements or how i can reset my save? Not a big of a deal if everything I've done so far disappears its a good game anyway and as i said, i was planning on completing it 2 more times.

WarGod3
05-17-2010, 10:03 PM
i haved had any glitched achievments and ive got all sept the nightmare achievements

SoldierX01
05-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I have 1000/1000 on this game but 2 achievemenst do not show up on my dashboard but they do show up in game. I have cleared my cache and that didn't work so now recovering gt.

Maranatha666
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Played the game through, should have 640 points, but the @ the Dashboard only shows 600. Didnīt get the 40 for playing on normal difficulty! :mad:

Fnerk
05-25-2010, 07:48 PM
I've got all 50 achievements and 1000G, but the Guide and Dashboard 'lists' say I have 48/50 and 910/1000G, despite the lists themselves actually being complete. It's bizarre - my profile states that i both have 48 achievements and all 50 simultaneously. At least achievements that just never unlock make sense.

Spartan1590
05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm already with 5 Glitched Achievements, I'll finish the game and see what happens.

ONSLAUGHT o
05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
had the same problem when beating it on nightmare it showed it unlock and i had all the achievments but i was only 950/1000 to fix this i had to delete my profile and recover it ,for the achievements not popping some people on the alan wake forums are saying they pop at random times when they start up the game and get to the menu or when they finish it,if youve already unlocked the achievements i would suggest deleting your profile only and then recovering your gamertag and that should update it,im not sure if this works for the achievements not popping as well

Hawaiian
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
I have also an achievement problem:
I recently unlocked "Bright Falls Aficionado" worth 30 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif and should now have 800 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif in Alan Wake. But it still shows 770 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif though the achievement picture

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/7k/py/0ICLiGJhbC9GCRt0GltTWTA1L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-9dSvI=.jpg

is unlocked. So should I recover my gamertag? Will I then loose the offline achievements I gained two years ago when I wasn't an Xbox Live Member?

Ray5555
05-26-2010, 09:13 AM
I have also an achievement problem:
I recently unlocked "Bright Falls Aficionado" worth 30 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif and should now have 800 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif in Alan Wake. But it still shows 770 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif though the achievement picture

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/7k/py/0ICLiGJhbC9GCRt0GltTWTA1L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-9dSvI=.jpg

is unlocked. So should I recover my gamertag? Will I then loose the offline achievements I gained two years ago when I wasn't an Xbox Live Member?

You don't lose achievements you already got, as long as you played on Xbox live once after unlocking them. So if you've been on xbox live since you've unlocked them then you will not lose them if you recover your profile.

Hawaiian
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
You don't lose achievements you already got, as long as you played on Xbox live once after unlocking them. So if you've been on xbox live since you've unlocked them then you will not lose them if you recover your profile.

Ah cool, thanks for the fast reply. Yes I played online after I unlocked the offline achievements, so my achievements shouldn't be lost when I recover my Gamertag. Will try this out later and hopefully get the missing GS!

MasterWolf
05-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I have An Idyllic Small Town and Child of the Elder God glitched. I know that Idyllic is glitched because I did not die through the first section of the chapter. Child of the Elder god I restarted once since the achievement guide says you can restart a checkpoint if go to low health.

I will try turning off my xbox. This are the only achievements I have glitched so far.

EDIT: damn it did not work, I guess ill just have to finish the game, hopefully they pop up.

MoldyClay87
05-26-2010, 05:40 PM
This was posted by a guy from Remedy on the Alan Wake forums:

Ok, we've verified there is a problem with tracked/collectible achievements WHEN you play offline AND then recover your profile from Live. This is the only problem case we know, and at the moment we know of no other problems.

There are no known workarounds, except to delete your saved game before launching the game after the profile recovery. This unfortunately won't help the good folks here in this thread. I had written a pretty extensive "why" / technical explanation but accidentally closed my browser http://forum.alanwake.com/images/smilies/frown.gif - I'll probably write that again later.

It is possible to do a fix that awards the missing achievements afterwards, and we're investigating that option. Remedy definitely wants everyone get all the achievements they deserve! Apologies for the problems. .

A lot of people have just been recovering their Gamertag and that helps with non-collectibles for some.

I made sure my game was never offline while playing. I have 47 achievements and they all show up so far. Knock on wood I continue to have no problems. D:

I really want to 1000/1000 this game.

EDIT: lol, I spoke too soon.

I just checked my score and it was missing 40:gsicon: (for beating it on whichever difficulty, since I beat it on Hard, so it unlocked both Hard/Normal), and the progress bar said "46" achievements, however it showed the 47th achievement unlocked.

I recovered my gamertag, because, at least Xbox.com had the score and stuff, and this fixed it. Now I have 47 and the score is 870 for the game.

PHEW! :D

GooMan91
05-27-2010, 01:06 AM
i did the gunless wonder (on nightmare!) and did not get the achievement =[[

deadly doll
05-27-2010, 03:23 PM
For me,An Idyllic Small Town glitched.Didn't die the entire time and didn't unlock achievement.I just replayed Episode 6,didn't fire a gun and didn't unlock Gunless Wonder.

deadly doll
05-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I finally unlocked "Idyllic small town".I know what I did wrong before,I had shut the 360 off when I got to a checkpoint,then continued after resting.So,it must be played from the start of chapter 5 until the helicopter take off in one straight shot.
Got "gunless wonder" too.What I did the 3rd playthrough was keep my finger off the RT the whole time.I think I may have accidently hit the RT at some point.

Richie Sambuca
05-28-2010, 12:04 AM
"An Idyllic Small Town" glitched for me. I didn't die the entire time, and I kept playing until the start of the next chapter. The only thing that I think might have messed it up is that I paused the game twice, but that seems kinda silly if it doesn't let you pause your game in order to get the achievement.

SweetBlackMagic
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Float like a butterfly was the 2nd achievement i earned on it right at the beginning of the game, can't understand why it hasn't unlocked for you.

This also happened to me last night...tried to get it right at the beginning per someone's suggestion, but it never popped. I have not started it up again, so I will see if it shows up tonight. Hope it isn't glitched.

EDIT: I just read on the wiki that this cannot be obtained during the tutorial level...maybe that's the problem?

Deathly Shade
07-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I too had a glitched achievement. It popped, but when checking my games with my xbox guide button the gamerscore and number of achievements was less than what was displayed when I would view the game's achievements. I simply had to recover my gamertag to correct the problem.

chach7171
07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
My achievement for all radio stations hasn't unlocked, I can listen to all 12 in the extras screen, but on stats it only shows 9/11 I dont get this at all anyone else have this problem?

johng447
07-07-2010, 12:56 AM
it is funny i got a random one worth 40

XBL Unreal
07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I must be the lucky one. I had them all unlock with no problems. :p

Bango Stank
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Having the same problem. Have finished the game and unlocked everything but the dashboard says I only have 49/50 and 980 cheevo points. All the pics for achievements are unlocked and I know I have done them all. Pretty crappy way to end a great game.

haseown
07-20-2010, 02:07 AM
i played the jukebox in the beginning and in chapter 5 and no cheevo